Forza Motorspot 7 wins Best Racing Game of the show @E3

• Thread starter mrPetros
  • 72 comments
mrPetros
Given that all kinds of heavyweights were showing at e3, its no small feat.

Here's Bill the creative director himself:

And a direct link to e3 awards:
http://gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

So, kudos from me for having a standard high level of quality, and also for pumping out great games like clockwork too.
In my opinion as a consumer, if the entire market was more like Turn10, it would be a much better market.

Last edited:
Everyone that I heard from that played the racing games at E3 in person(PCars 2, Forza 7, Crew 2 etc) said that Forza 7 was clear above the rest in quality and presentation.

Here are the awards and nominations for Forza 7 at E3 2017:

lh3eJDn.jpg

*Inb4 Pcars 2 comments show up*

Honestly. I had a feeling Forza 7 was going to win. The effort T10 puts into the motorsport franchise should not be ignored. I mean we get it, FM5 wasn't bad at launch, but it also wasn't good either in most people's eyes (mines included). But than FM6 happened, and man did T10 fixed their mistakes and upped their game with currently having THE MOST diverse list of cars in the genre, with more tracks, features, and so forth. Hehe, yeah, "COD of racing games"...in a good way!

So it's become strange to me how T10 gets bashed like no other, when it's been said COUNTLESS OF TIMES that no game is perfect, nor should a game be like the other based on things one has over the other. Even now over a short trailer "oh it's showing off, it lacks new cars" and a simple presentation at E3... :rolleyes: However, I totally understand that some wants to see more than just improvements to each Forza, I do too. So I respect that and let you voice out your concerns and/or opinions.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm sure everybody in the Forza subfourm back then remembers me 'blindly' hating or simply bashing on Forza. The real reason for this was I didn't want to accept Forza was better. After GT6, however, I've then realized I needed to make the move to Forza Land, and never regretted it since, because it finally opened my eyes on how much better everyone said it was. It just was. It has everything a car enthusiast/car fan/gamer wants in a racing game, as well as the concept that made PD famous and improving on it.

Sometimes you gotta pat Dan and his team on the back, because regardless if Forza doesn't interest you or not, you have to give credit to this incredible team who released so many great Forza titles for us, along with PG with the Horizon titles.

So at the end of a day, kudos to Turn 10 and Playground Games, as well as winning E3. You guys deserve it and this community rocks! :cheers:

Oh and just to add to this big post of mine. This is a great year to be a racing fan! :D

Last edited:
To me this was the battle of the first party racers, because obviously they had the budget to really show off their wares impressively enough to draw attention. So Forza 7 now has one up on GTS. I suspect it will be many more up by the end of the year, but only time will tell :)

I was thinking of posting to another topic, but I might as well or better, put it here condensed:
Videogames basically are smoke and mirrors. made for fun! Some approach things more technically, others more artistically, but in the end they all submit to their constraints. Be it power, resources, budget, time or even timing, you name it.
As consumers, there is really no meaning in trying to defend game perfection, because thats factually wrong. But because games give pleasure, some do it anyway.
Its better to judge objectively in the long run, for the total of us. And I am happy to see many people of this quality in this forum.
That being said, Toko imagona bitchslap you to tokio man for this:
I mean we get it, FM5 wasn't bad at launch, but it also wasn't good either in most people's eyes (mines included). But th....
:D :D :D

*Inb4 Pcars 2 comments show up*

Seems inevitable that pc2 fans come over to post usual..well,you know ;) They have a long way to go before they get recognised as Elite Racing game,at least by me :D
As for bashing T10 - i actually dont see it this way - i would say that its usually small minded hate mob,who never played any of the Forzas and not even planning on playing,maybe some GT fans not happy that Forza become what GT should have (yes yes yes,i will admit - i WAS GT fan till GT5 fiasco,i have all GT's bar GT5 - sold it with PS3,so i know what im talking about :D ) ,and that mob usually have very little clue what it takes to build game to rival GT with its multi million fan base.Of course,MS needed game who could drive they XBOX sales,"face game",but Forza become much bigger than this.
When i got FM2 i was so hooked from the moment i launched it -graphically,physically,by customization etc that i forgot to feed my cat for 2 days :D
Then i got FM1 and original XBOX (FM3 was still 3 months away) as i wanted to see how its all started.Since then never looked back,and GT5 fiasco just proved im right.
What T10 did with X360 and FM 3 and 4 was just magic.Still remember when i launched FM3 when just returned with my preorder and couldnt believe my eyes the difference between FM2 and FM3.And that Camino Viejo track with R8...Still no love lost between me and Rossi till this day.
I really cant wait for FM7,and visting GTP not helping me with this issue :D

Personally, I disagree with this. (Although I'd say it's better placed in the General Gaming Forum because E3.) However, I wasn't at the event and can see the decision being swayed by Forza having a massive presentation with Bandai Namco not having a big presentation thus allowing Forza more exposure.

Can you truly classify Forza as a "Racing Game"? Whatever the criteria for the award, the actual racing in Forza 7 is certainly not why it won.

I couldn't agree more. Aside from the 90 degree steering wheel animation to the left and right it looks great. I think a couple of the other titles are better all around racing games.

I see that this is turning into money talk X)
Presentation is a pre-game ( of course ) so i think that the first company to make a move early can be a sign that the developers wants to gain an early attention for a higher chance for early fans before others brings crazier things in the future.
But those who hides more than what they show or who are still hiding things with lesser attention - could be due to the lack of budget or ... maybe the opposite.
If the budget is more focused on the game developement than presentation can be used as a secret weapon.
There is still more time so we'll see who will have a bigger surprise among the racing games in the future :)

Last edited:
Can you truly classify Forza as a "Racing Game"? Whatever the criteria for the award, the actual racing in Forza 7 is certainly not why it won.

As always, great discussion coming from the PC2 crowd! :rolleyes:

Personally, I disagree with this. (Although I'd say it's better placed in the General Gaming Forum because E3.) However, I wasn't at the event and can see the decision being swayed by Forza having a massive presentation with Bandai Namco not having a big presentation thus allowing Forza more exposure.

Sadly I think this has become the case for most awards regardless of the subject they are covering.

Did I say something untrue? I asked a discussion question.
just gtfo!

...maybe microsoft shouldn't have payed SMS for PCARS1 for xbox gold subs a few months back.
...maybe that would have smacked in respect some sense in their "tester" army

I mean, yeah, since there are cars in it, racing.

If this game won over all the racing games there for things not related to racing, is that necessarily a bad thing for Forza, or its competitors? Either way, no one is losing in this situation, so I think we'll all be fine.

I couldn't agree more. Aside from the 90 degree steering wheel animation to the left and right it looks great. I think a couple of the other titles are better all around racing games.
I think this is the better "all-around" racing game, as the other games are very tight and focused in what they're trying to achieve in comparison to the usual titles that come up when this game gets talked about.

I'm a bit surprised that FM7 was handed the award. I feel like GT Sport and PC2 are much more improved compared to their predecessors. I do admit that FM6 was pretty good in itself, however, is FM7 really that much an improvement? I haven't noticed a big difference. I wasn't at E3 so maybe the experience was better there.
I would say that FM6-7 is just as much of an improvement as GT6-GTS. The major area's of improvement I'm seeing and hearing about with GTS seem to be graphics, and online capabilities. Pcars, I can definitely agree with, though.

Did I say something untrue? I asked a discussion question.

You insinuated Forza isn't a racing game in a very trollish manner, you weren't really asking anything. Unless you are using some different definition of the word "race", Forza is a racing game. It's quality is certainly up for debate, but you aren't talking about that.

Why so hostile?

:lol:

-Posts trollish post
-Wonders why people are hostile.

I'm a bit surprised that FM7 was handed the award. I feel like GT Sport and PC2 are much more improved compared to their predecessors. I do admit that FM6 was pretty good in itself, however, is FM7 really that much an improvement? I haven't noticed a big difference. I wasn't at E3 so maybe the experience was better there.

To be fair, there's no element of surprise to GT Sport. Quite a few people are already playing the game now, whether it's a beta or not. Not to mention it's been talked up for over a year at this point; all of its cards are already on the table.

You insinuated Forza isn't a racing game in a very trollish manner, you weren't really asking anything. Unless you are using some different definition of the word "race", Forza is a racing game. It's quality is certainly up for debate, but you aren't talking about that.

-Posts trollish post
-Wonders why people are hostile.

My fault for posting in YOUR forum discussing a game I will purchase. I've deleted my posts, so you can rest easy.

My fault for posting in YOUR forum discussing a game I will purchase. I've deleted my posts, so you can rest easy.

You can post anywhere you want, I'm powerless to stop you even if I wanted to.

However, it's probably not the best idea to make a post like your first one and expect to not get a rebuttal.

You can post anywhere you want, I'm powerless to stop you even if I wanted to.

However, it's probably not the best idea to make a post like your first one and expect to not get a rebuttal.
What rebuttal have you offered?

There's several threads where this kind of foolishness is going on, I really can't understand it. All these comparisons going on, and the "my game is better than yours" mentality that certain people bring. Who gives a flying 🤬?

Most of this is pure speculation at this point. If you want to compare games, at this point you can really only compare forza 6, project cars and gt6. Until the big 3 come out this fall(well 2 for sure :lol:), it's all speculation. No one knows for sure how good the new games will be, until they are released.

I think everyone should be excited that we will have some pretty damn good racing games coming out, instead of this acting like a 12 yr old "my game is better that yours" stuff. Some of you have to be driving the moderators up a wall.

Back