Found a wierd exploit/glitch for the Corvette ZR1 C4

• Thread starter km666
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

I posted a video on reddit, but basically if you combine the sports brake disc upgrade with sports hard tyes and larger wheels the PP level is dropped massively. Up to a point. Certain modifications and any aero will bump it right back up but i made a list of tuning parts that dont in the reddit post. Not sure how it might be useful but enjoy!

Found something like this with the Kenmeri by adjusting the downforce. Took it from 580 PP to somewhere in the low 400s.

I think PD have overdone it with this PP system. It's too ambitious for its own good. There's so many nuts and bolts you can play around with and so much interaction to take into account between all of these different variables that there'll likely always be a way to confuse the game and make it think that your Toyota Supra is actually a Fiat 500, no matter how many times they try to fix it.

The Merak SS has some similar exploits where the exact right downforce and ballast values drop the PP 30-40 points. Actually a lot of cars do... That's what happens when a studio releases a game in beta and just let's it sit for a year with no real development to speak of

Last edited:
I think PD have overdone it with this PP system. It's too ambitious for its own good. There's so many nuts and bolts you can play around with and so much interaction to take into account between all of these different variables that there'll likely always be a way to confuse the game and make it think that your Toyota Supra is actually a Fiat 500, no matter how many times they try to fix it.

Math is hard.

But jokes aside, it seems to break whenever unexpected parts combos alter the outcome of the formula that calculates the PP for a given car. Funnily enough, I've been tackling something similar in my work and here we are fixing it with unit/integration tests (kinda of a legacy system).

I would be shocked and terrified if something like GT doesn't have unit tests built in.

I don't think it's ambitious at all, it's just broken.

Plenty of other games have general performance values for cars, they are all broken to a degree but I don't recall any that are as broken as GT7's.

Back