Gran Turismo: Simulation Mode

• Thread starter Satomiblood
  • 1,810 comments
I don’t know what you’re getting at. I’m not dejected or threatening to pull the room. I just said I wasn’t going to sit around for an hour+ in an empty room since it starts to get boring after a while. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable if I feel like moving onto something else if there’s been no activity in the room.
I didnt say or mean anything from what you said here. I meant you cannot expect to create a room that easy when your opening times are flexibel. So you need to be patient before you find a vast group of players. I did not mean with patience “waiting longer in the room”.

In the end I think you will attract a more strict player group when you get to learn when the room is open. Stricter times does not mean only day A and timeslot A. You can always variate in multiple days and times.

Again, not attacking you in any way, you misunderstood me completely. Just tried to help you out here. Posting is paying attention so no need to attack me ;)

Last edited:
I didnt say or mean anything from what you said here. I meant you cannot expect to create a room that easy when your opening times are flexibel. So you need to be patiënt before you find a vast group of players. That means that sometimes or more times you end up being alone in the room. When the sunday cup did not start last sunday I also opened a back up room. No one entered and after 30 minutes I closed it again.

Not attacking anyone, certainly not you. Just pointing out some problems when you are not dealing with strict days and times. Bic44 started the tuesday morning. The sunday cup is on sunday. But times are not clear for the sunday cup. In the end I think you will attract a more strict player group when you learn when the room is open.

That said, there will be always people that are flexibel. Just like me. But that seems more like a subforum like the QM exiles where someone says: “room open now, who joins?”. On various times and days and moments. But you cannot expect full grid with those kind of rooms when not organised.

I thought you like more organised racing and thus stricter times could help you out more. Stricter times does not mean only day A and timeslot A. You can always variatie in multiple days and times. Again, not attacking you in any way, you misunderstood me completely. Just tried to help you out here. Posting is paying attention so no need to attack me ;)

Oh, I get it. I don’t think anyone is angry. But I think we’re all in agreement that setting up recurring rooms is trial-and-error.

I like the sound of this! If I'm able to, I might have to join you all if you don't mind

I don't mind at all. I've been mostly MIA during the workweek, only logging on to get in my daily miles. I may pick it back up tonight. Tonight is the J-Sports Meeting event anyway.

Oh, what is that and what time?

"J-Sports Meeting"
Days & Times
Tuesdays & Thursdays
(5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. EST, U.S.)
Races
Race 1 - N100 - Kyoto Driving Park (Miyabi) - Dawn/05:00/Clear - 6 Laps
Race 2 - N200 - Kyoto Driving Park (Yamagiwa) - Morning/9:30/Cloudy - 4 Laps
Race 3 - N300 - Tokyo Expressway (COL) - Sunset/16:35/Fine Weather - 5 Laps
Race 4 - N400 - Tsukuba Circuit - Noon/12:00/Clear - 6 Laps
Race 5 - N500 - BB Raceway - Afternoon/15:10/Clear - 8 Laps
Race 6 - N600 - Suzuka Circuit - Daytime/14:30/Fine Weather - 5 Laps

Ok cool, but the times are not the best for me. Now that I know however, I’ll keep this in mind should I find myself on PS4 during that timeframe.

Hey dude,

My life is starting to even out again. Are you planning on running anything this Sunday?
There is also the sunday cup. Would be nice not to compete to much on sunday. Since both rooms are doing N class racing. The sunday cup is (normally) open whole sunday.

There is also the sunday cup. Would be nice not to compete to much on sunday. Since both rooms are doing N class racing. The sunday cup is (normally) open whole sunday.

Hey, the Sunday Cup is cool and all. I respect it and will join it someday, but I’m trying to get mine off the ground and will gladly host anyone that’s able to make the set times. I’m not sure that promoting another lobby in my thread is such a good idea, though. I’m sure you meant no harm by it. Just wanted to make it clear.

True, but I'll probably jump in this lobby if it's open. Hoping to help get this community off the ground.

To Sunday Cup's credit, it does look like a more organized affair. They even have a cool numbering convention for all cars. I've been wanting to assign racing numbers to cars, but it always seems to glitch out. It either displays a number as "999" or it's completely blank.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier and joined in. Will you be doing more after the current schedule has finished?

For the Sunday Cup the number board, numbers and logo are provided, we have to use those on the car and you just pick what number you want to use.

You attach them as normal stickers.

My idea was to help each other out. Both the sunday cup as your idea can get way more people in. We all complain about the lack of N-class racing. That is why I support all these initiatives and you can see me post in all these threads. Mainly because I still am partly unhappy about the amount of respect in Sportmode.

So people here can join the sunday cup and people from the sunday cup can join here as well. So I dont see them as competitive but they rather should complement eachother. Just want to help you both out gathering more people.

But I do really like Satomibloods races and world tours. Great cars and great tracks. So cant wait to join his racenight with a nice full room. But as stated earlier, the mentioned times in the openingspost are not quite EU oriented. Will wait for the other suggestions.

Last edited:
I wish I had seen this thread earlier and joined in. Will you be doing more after the current schedule has finished?

For the Sunday Cup the number board, numbers and logo are provided, we have to use those on the car and you just pick what number you want to use.

Yeah, there's no real end date. This is a recurring series of events. I'll be adding new events as well, but the core J-Sports theme will remain. Events I'm looking to add are as follows:

-Mitsubishi Lancer vs. Subaru WRX (N300/N500 Rally)
-Toyota Cup
-Japanese Sports Cars of the 80s and 90s
-Kei Cars Only
-Japan vs. USA
-Masters of Willow Springs

Ok boys, barring severe illness or injury I will be around for the entirety of the races tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing some of you out there!

I'll also be recording as many races as possible and uploading photos and videos this week.

Ok boys, barring severe illness or injury I will be around for the entirety of the races tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing some of you out there!

I'll also be recording as many races as possible and uploading photos and videos this week.
Same here...too many obligations today prevented me from joining, but I will be there tomorrow morning!

Yes, tomorrow should still work. Depending on how early I get up, the room may open a little before 8:00 a.m. EST. I’ll update with the ID once it’s live.

Back