Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
Whoa, I can't believe this...no tobacco sponsors?!?!?  :eek:  

The big blank white spaces on the Ferrari's really caught my attention, and Lucky Strike logo on the side of the Bar's looked strange, too.

I will keep my politics out of this except to say that I do not idolize the Clintons.

Stupid waist of time bans. :rolleyes:

In 2006, you will see no tobacco sponsorship on the cars. Over here in 'Euroland', they have banned most tobacco advertising which I think is ridiculous. I know I have never wanted to buy any ciggies just because there is an F1 cars driving around with Marlboro or West plastered on the cars.

Yes, I agree, it is ridiculous!  :reallymad:

I didn't know West (on the McLarens) was a tobacco company, though.  But I do like it now that it says Mika and David all over the cars.  That's awesome.  :D

Quote: from Evolution Racer on 7:28 pm on June 30, 2001[br]I didnt know West was a Tabacco company either.
Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  :D

West may only be a European brand. I also like the drivers names on the cars.

So many cars have tobacco sponsorship that it will be hard to find the significant funding that some of the bigger team need. Ferrari, McLaren, Jordan, BAR, Benetton all have tobacco sponsorship but BAR will suffer the most and may cease to continue in 2006 because BAT own a large amount of the team.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning how much of Michael's salary comes from Marlboro.  (:eek:)  I don't know many other companies willing to pay that much, other than Warsteiner or something.  But they're really into trackside ads.

Are Warsteiner German ? There doesn't seem to be many alcoholic beverage (I love that word) companys sponsoring cars, just tracks.

Yeah, I think Warsteiner is German (it sounds like it).  I think they have sponsored the Mercedes CLK-DTM in the German DTM series, but that's about it.

I think they should just misspell the Tabacco ads by one letter, like Marlbro, or Lukey Stryke, East, and Binson and Hidges.    Where the hell did they get the idea for Bitten's Heroes?

I think the bitten bit comes from them having a shark on the front and the heroes bit comes from Eddie Jordan drinking too much Guiness.

Back