Friday Night Fun | Sept. 15th | Nord Track Day | Open LobbyPC 

• Thread starter Wiz
  • 1,388 comments
What do you normally set it at, 12 minutes? I say just set it to 15 or 16, that's enough for everyone to get one lap, possibly two, and/or a pee break.

Lately I've been setting it to 9 minutes but Green Hell is such a different beast I never know what to set it to. I mainly want avoid being able to run 2 laps of Q for a 2 lap race, seems silly.

Although now that I think about it some more, I think I'm just going to set a 10 minute practice session and skip qualifying altogether. It's FNF so hopefully nobody cares where they start and it'll give people time to grab a beer and/or drain the lizard.

I'm fine with the idea of not even having qualifying. I don't think starting position will matter that much around here anyway. It's gonna be a looooong race to make up for that :lol:

I'm fine with the idea of not even having qualifying. I don't think starting position will matter that much around here anyway. It's gonna be a looooong race to make up for that :lol:
The actual race will take around the same time as we usually have. Its the qualifying that usually goes on endlessly.

Something came up and I won't be home until around 8:30 or maybe even 9:00

I just started the server though, so feel free to start whenever you want.

There's a chance I may both races at RD on Friday so I might not be able to attend FNF this week. If you guys still want to run something, give me a combo to run and I'll update the thread and also set the server up and get it running for Friday.

Wiz
There's a chance I may both races at RD on Friday so I might not be able to attend FNF this week. If you guys still want to run something, give me a combo to run and I'll update the thread and also set the server up and get it running for Friday.

I'm indifferent. If you're not going to be there I'll probably take the night off. Might join the RD AC race, not sure.

You should join the R3E IndyCar race! :D That thing is so damn fun!!

I'd like to run the 919 at RD but it appears Lorenzo wants to turn it into a GT2 only race, in which case I probably won't sign up. I'm going to wait and see if anyone else wants to sign up with the 919 to see what Lorenzo does. I'll decide before today is over.

If FNF is a go it'll probably be that new Miata we just got, at Magione.

Wiz
You should join the R3E IndyCar race! :D That thing is so damn fun!!
I would if it wasn't so late. I've been getting up at 5am for so long my body starts shutting down around 10:30 whether I want it to or not, so I'd probably fall asleep on the grid waiting for the lights to go out. :lol:

I'd like to run the 919 at RD but it appears Lorenzo wants to turn it into a GT2 only race, in which case I probably won't sign up. I'm going to wait and see if anyone else wants to sign up with the 919 to see what Lorenzo does. I'll decide before today is over.

Bram has pretty much banned the multi-class stuff for club races, I'm surprised Lorenzo even tried it. Plus...

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 10.40.53 AM.png

If FNF is a go it'll probably be that new Miata we just got, at Magione.

95fb1e7aa4b8a9e1566397db3a9dd765_i-approve-baby-with-pipe-meme-i-approve-memes_360-294.jpeg

My average bed time on the weekends is probably around 5:00am. When I messaged you at 7:00am on Sunday I hadn't just woke up, I was still awake from the night before. I'm a bit of a night owl, you could say :lol:

I passed on the RD race so I'll be updated the OP soon. Miata at Magioine it is.

Wiz
My average bed time on the weekends is probably around 5:00am. When I messaged you at 7:00am on Sunday I hadn't just woke up, I was still awake from the night before. I'm a bit of a night owl, you could say :lol:

I passed on the RD race so I'll be updated the OP soon. Miata at Magioine it is.

In my college days when I was delivering pizzas I wouldn't even get off work until 3-4am on the weekends and I was a total night creature then. I lived close to the store and most of the time a couple of the other employees would come by after we closed and we'd drink and smoke until 6 or 7 in the morning, no problem. But now I can't even remember the last time I was up until midnight and most nights it's a struggle to make it to 10:00, I fall asleep watching tv in the recliner several times a week. Of course on weekends there's usually a buzz involved too which sometimes hastens the onset of sleepiness. :lol:

Wiz

I don't have insomnia, but I have severe sleep issues and I'm always up throughout the night. I usually go for about 24-30 hours before I just collapse and sleep for 3-4 hours, rinse and repeat. When it first started happening I actually liked it - I liked being up when everyone else was asleep. Now, I wish I could sleep normally. In fact, I have another sleep study on Friday. :boggled:

In my college days when I was delivering pizzas I wouldn't even get off work until 3-4am on the weekends and I was a total night creature then. I lived close to the store and most of the time a couple of the other employees would come by after we closed and we'd drink and smoke until 6 or 7 in the morning, no problem. But now I can't even remember the last time I was up until midnight and most nights it's a struggle to make it to 10:00, I fall asleep watching tv in the recliner several times a week. Of course on weekends there's usually a buzz involved too which sometimes hastens the onset of sleepiness. :lol:
When I had gotten out of college and started my first adult job programming I would often pass out at 8pm...9pm if I wanted to be a rebel. :lol: Right around age 30 I turned into a zombie...would be up for days quite often. :grumpy:

Wiz
Same here, 5 AM is my deadline too as the misses gives me a free pass to nap till 11AM with the kids. Those long night playing sessions are great though, just me, sim racing, snacks, beers and Mary Jane :D.

I've heard the XBow is a lot better than it used to be (v10 tires) Let's find out.

But where? I look at the track list now and I'm just like, ugh...

Wiz
But where? I look at the track list now and I'm just like, ugh...

Me too, pretty burnt out on most of the stock tracks but I'll still show up regardless of the track. I think I've only driven that car once or twice and it's been ages. I so badly want the GT4 version of it though! :drool: Looks like a baby prototype.

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe I'll do Donington. It's the one mod track that seemingly everyone has so it shouldn't hurt participation too much.

Wiz
I've heard the XBow is a lot better than it used to be (v10 tires)

I disagree with what I've heard. Tried it, didn't care for it.

Instead we're gonna do 10 lappers with the Praga @ Donington National

OP updated.

I keep forgetting to mention that I'm going to be out of town on both the 21st & 28th of this month.

If you guys want to run something, pick some combos and I can update the OP for those dates and start the server on Thursday or something. Or we can just take a couple of weeks off.

Up to you guys, whatever floats your boats.

I'll see if I can come up with anything, but I'm not opposed to a couple weeks off either. We've kinda run through most of the good stuff by now so a break could be good.

Trackday server is up with a handful of cars.

The Mustang mod from RD
C7 Stingray
Mazda RX-7
Carrera S
M4
Cobra
Exige S

Back