Nordschlefie Tourist

Driving some cars

Details:

When: Friday, September 15th
Start Time: 8:30pm Eastern
Server Name: Friday Fun
Password: None / Open Lobby

Tuning: Open
Assists: Factory (autoclutch & blip allowed)
Penalties: Off
Damage: 20%
Teamspeak: cerium.typefrag.com:4015
Teamspeak password: gtr77

Last edited:
First of all allow me to say wow, what a fun track. Seriously, even the countryside and vintage signs are well-made and thought of. The layout looked meh at first but upon driving it you realize what fun it is.

The only thing is that I don't think the Tatuus + this track make a good combo. The track is way too bumpy which is a great trait considering the whole atmosphere of the track (Italian countryside, maybe community maintained?) which doesn't seem or feel like a good match to such a low-riding open wheeler. On the other hand, pair this track with the BMW M3 E30 and you got a great combo.

Anyways, just some friendly input. I'll try my best and show up to race regardless. :)

What times are you running?

Thanks for the feedback, Coxis.

I would agree that the track is probably not the ideal place for the Tatuus. For me though there was something very satisfying about being able to take all of those fast corners with the pedal to the floor. :)

We'll stick with it for tonight but I'm taking note of your car suggestion. It's a great track so we'll definitely be running there again in the near future, I'm sure.

So far my best lap is a 1:22.899, on medium tires.

Hope to see you out there tonight. :)

Yes indeed that was a lot of fun on Friday. Hoping to see some more folks come out for this week.

We ended up doing some server hopping throughout the night which was nice, as it mixed it up a little.

We'll start on my server again this week and see where the night takes us.

To start the night, we'll be comparing the recently released URD C6R Vette (v0.2 as of right now, this may change before Friday) against the BMW M3 GT2.

Track will be Donington GP.

Vette here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/k5gxqv38823o9wt/corvette_c6r_beta_v2_by_urd.rar

Donington here - https://www.mediafire.com/?tpt7s5tmk9gz9uy

Come join the fun! :)

Sorry for not being around lately.

Back this week running the BMW Z4 GT3 & the McLaren MP4 GT3 at Watkins Glen Short.

Get Watkins here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/d87nba6k9c6m2z6/watkins_(3).rar

Start time will be a little earlier. Will probably get things going around 9:00 Eastern.

10 minutes qualy time followed by 15 or 20 lap races.

Hope to see some folks show up, a few of us ran this combo last night and it was a blast! :)

OP has been updated with this weeks info.

PM me for login info.

Last edited:
I would like to give this a shot. I haven't tried to tune or drive any GT3 cars but it should be fun. Aosta is an awesome track. 👍

I hadn't run this track at all until last night. Definitely a fun layout that should make for some good racing.

Also, we might be getting a little bit of a late start tonight. I got roped into doing some Christmas shopping with Mrs. Wiz. I'll get the server up asap and should definitely be up and running by 9:00. Sorry for the delay.

I'm just downloading the update myself and would like to try out a few combinations to see what's changed. The later starting time works for me..assuming I don't get called into work.:scared:

I would like to give this a try. I have no clue what my steam ID is but it should be carracerptp.

So far I haven't done any tuning beside a Monza gear change and fuel level.

Anyone get in? What's the name of the server if so?

Edit: NVM

Last edited:
Thanks for coming out fellas! That was a lot of fun.

I was running decent laps but kept making dumb mistakes. I had the voting quorum set at 10% so it'd be easy for me to kick any trouble makers, but Brindle accidentally hit the wrong button and kicked me. :lol:

Now that we're at 1.0 I think we'll be doing this weekly again. I'll try to get race details posted sooner next time. Hope you all had fun.

My race with Travis (Carr) was a thing of beauty for me. I was literally at 10/10ths the entire race but Carr was always a couple of tenths faster. Made a mistake near the end and lost a couple of seconds but up until then it was edge of yer' seat stuff. Made silly mistakes every other race. Last race I thought my wheel was straight but it was a full turn to the left, thanks to that fade out at the end of Q and me not paying attention!!! Won't happen again. Good clean racing fellas...hope to make it again next week. Thanks for hosting Wiz:tup:👍

My race with Travis (Carr) was a thing of beauty for me. I was literally at 10/10ths the entire race but Carr was always a couple of tenths faster. Made a mistake near the end and lost a couple of seconds but up until then it was edge of yer' seat stuff. Made silly mistakes every other race. Last race I thought my wheel was straight but it was a full turn to the left, thanks to that fade out at the end of Q and me not paying attention!!! Won't happen again. Good clean racing fellas...hope to make it again next week. Thanks for hosting Wiz:tup:👍

That was a race! I haven't pushed that hard in ages, I kept trying to find time on the track. Easily my favorite Assetto Corsa race ever. You had me scared to look in my mirror :lol:

I think both cars are about the same on the limit with regards to lap times but I found the MP4 was much harder to dive into the corners with than my Z4.

Wiz
Thanks for coming out fellas! That was a lot of fun.

I was running decent laps but kept making dumb mistakes. I had the voting quorum set at 10% so it'd be easy for me to kick any trouble makers, but Brindle accidentally hit the wrong button and kicked me. :lol:

Now that we're at 1.0 I think we'll be doing this weekly again. I'll try to get race details posted sooner next time. Hope you all had fun.

The track was perfect for GT3 cars. Never ( well, since GT4 Trial Mountain or El Capitan ) have I jumped into a new track and felt right at home so quickly.

Looks like I spoke too soon in regards to doing this weekly again. I'll have to miss this week due to the holidays & having family in town. Expect to see something posted for the 2nd of January though. As of right now I'm leaning towards the Ginetta G55 at Donington National.

Also, I know Friday night isn't the best night for most people, so I'm looking to pick a weeknight to run also. I'm leaning towards Wednesdays myself but am open to other days. Friday racing is almost a certainty for the group of guys I run with, therefore I'd like to avoid Thursday so we're not running two nights in a row. Monday? Tuesday? Wednesday? Please chime in with a night (and time) that works best for you. Thanks.

I'm also looking into renting a TeamSpeak server. I plan to use some Christmas money to get it up and running before the new year, so chat will be available soon as well.

This Friday we'll be running Bzyq's Ginetta G55 GT4 mod, which you can get here - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-g55-gt4.4214/

And we'll be running on BrunUK's fantastic Donington National mod, which is here - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park-national-circuit.4531/

Not too sure on all the details yet. I assume we'll get started around the same time, around 9ish.

I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to rent a Teamspeak server yet either. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to use? I looked at gameservers.com but they seem a little pricier than some of the others, but they get pretty good reviews compared to the others as well. I'd like to avoid headaches/problems, but don't want to spend more than necessary.

Hoping to have everything sorted (and posted here) before Friday.

Wiz
This Friday we'll be running Bzyq's Ginetta G55 GT4 mod, which you can get here - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-g55-gt4.4214/

And we'll be running on BrunUK's fantastic Donington National mod, which is here - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park-national-circuit.4531/

Not too sure on all the details yet. I assume we'll get started around the same time, around 9ish.

I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to rent a Teamspeak server yet either. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to use? I looked at gameservers.com but they seem a little pricier than some of the others, but they get pretty good reviews compared to the others as well. I'd like to avoid headaches/problems, but don't want to spend more than necessary.

Hoping to have everything sorted (and posted here) before Friday.
I get an "invalid setup" warning with the Ginetta and can't get on the track.:yuck: I'll try downloading it again and see what happens.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't work with newly downloaded file either. :mad:

Last edited:
Oh shoot that's a bummer. Something changed in regards to ride height with 1.0 and I most likely tested this combo before 1.0

Raising the ride height a little should fix it. That said, perhaps I should pick another car?

Brindle has tested with the Ginetta and he just informed me that raising the ride height a little actually does the car some good.

I'd like to stick with it for this week.

@carracerptp We'll run a Kunos car next week. Is there a particular car you have in mind?

Wiz
Brindle has tested with the Ginetta and he just informed me that raising the ride height a little actually does the car some good.

I'd like to stick with it for this week.

@carracerptp We'll run a Kunos car next week. Is there a particular car you have in mind?
You were right:cheers: Added about 10 points on both ends and it did the trick. Less than that and I still couldn't get in. I have a couple of other cars that are in the same boat, I'll try the ride height adjustment and see if they work as well.

I like the SLS AMG, good power and balance, nice on the big tracks. The E30 BMW of course is always good on all kinds of tracks as are all the other BMW street cars.

Seems like I drive the old DTM E30 and the Lotus 2 Eleven most. Some of the Lotus Cup cars are decent too. Regular Z4's not bad either.

Love the Ginetta, planning to be there tonight. 👍

OK I think I have everything ready to go.

Car: Ginetta G55 GT4
Track: Donington National
Time: We'll be getting started around 9 eastern
Q time: 10 minutes
Race length: We'll start with 10 lappers and adjust if necessary
Damage will be on 50%

The car only comes with 2 skins so I assembled a pack of skins here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/pcgaaaj9wavdoaa/skins.rar

AC Server name is GoodTimesRacing
Open lobby/no password

Teamspeak server is up and running. Server address is cerium.typefrag.com:4015
PM me for Teamspeak password.

Looking forward to it!

Oh and thank you for all the suggestions! :)

Back