FRL ~ DTM - NEXT RACES: N24 15th APRIL

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 220 comments
Interesting Round 1. Race 1 was boring as hell, Race 2 was anything but.... Anyways good race especially great battles in race 2 so cheers to that! Some of my favorite pics from tonight.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180311201339.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180311201107.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180311201315.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180311201407.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180311201324.jpg

Cya all next Sunday!:cheers:

I found really damn strange the handling. Car felt like a brick in first 3 laps, which I knew and as I burned fuel off it got quicker. Then after ~10 laps just lost all front grip. Then around 15 onwards all rear grip. Had 10% tyre wear at the most by the end - went from 56's in Q to struggling to 59's by end. Absolutely zero idea how that happened.

Also will be a BoP adjustment before Blue Moon bay this weekend.

I found really damn strange the handling. Car felt like a brick in first 3 laps, which I knew and as I burned fuel off it got quicker. Then after ~10 laps just lost all front grip. Then around 15 onwards all rear grip. Had 10% tyre wear at the most by the end - went from 56's in Q to struggling to 59's by end. Absolutely zero idea how that happened.

Also will be a BoP adjustment before Blue Moon bay this weekend.

Funny, I didn't see anything like that. I got faster as expected with less and less fuel going from high 56 down to low 56 in both races.

However I really need to practice standing starts as well as throttle control. I've spun more times than I'd like to.

I did have set-up that whilst not "radical" I know was very different from other drivers - just suppose I didn't get get desired result really. It happens.

See you all crashing at T1 of Blue Moon Bay by the way....

I didnt experience any changes in grip during the races. In race 2 i was constantly doing laps between 1.57.0 and 1.57.5, except from a few laps where i did a little furi (thats how you guys call it, right? :D). Then at the second to last lap, i slapped myself in the face and drove a 1.56.5. In my last lap i was on my way to an other 1.56, until i divebombed *forgot username*. My apologies again, that was an extremely stupid action from me :(

Btw, what version of blue moon bay are we using?

That was actually a very fun start to the season, some very good battles that I found myself in. Enjoyed it.

@RealJaySee that was me who you divebombed, but I look at it as a racing incident because it was the final lap and every point matters with how competitive and berserk the racing was. No hard feelings, it's water under the bridge.

considering that all our best laps were between '55 and '56 (which is pretty close imo), why do you want to change BoPs?
When you have two people in the same car driving away from people they don't normally battle with, let alone drive away from, there's a problem.

They are just aliens, nothing more imo. I managed to hit '55 in both races too.

Maybe a ballast handicap would be good for podium in this situation.

So the specs are not so bad IMO.
on technical / slow tracks like the Nurb maybe that's normal that the Audi is faster.
On the other hand, I think that the audi is not the best on fast tracks like Monza.

As Suzuka is the most complet track (2 long straights, hairpin, slow turns fast turns, chicane), all is regrouped in this track so I think that to make equal specs on this track is the way to go.

So the specs are not so bad IMO.
on technical / slow tracks like the Nurb maybe that's normal that the Audi is faster.
On the other hand, I think that the audi is not the best on fast tracks like Monza.

As Suzuka is the most complet track (2 long straights, hairpin, slow turns fast turns, chicane), all is regrouped in this track so I think that to make equal specs on this track is the way to go.
Won't argue there as Nurb would suit an MR more than FR but it's how much faster it was.

I'd agree about the audi doing worse at tracks like monza, except for the fact that it was faster than the Merc in a straight line at Nurb. I don't remember how the BMW fared for top speed, as I wasn't around any in the race.

As for lap times, i was 1.6 seconds off the Audi in race conditions. Id have to check the replays to compare the bmw.

Back