FRL - Furi Racing Leagues - Club Thread moving to Discord, news posted.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 500 comments

The first FRL Sunday Series on GTS... your choice - you may vote for up to THREE options!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Prototypes are only missing one car from before, it isn't all that bad. And with liveries being a thing now there won't be an excess of red. :P

So after a bit of thinking, decided that ToCA and WSC will be my primary focuses from now on.

Also updated driver listing, and a reminder that for any of you guys free on saturdays who are not ready competing, ToCA has two weeks left, Blue Moon & Brands, and then a gap before the 300th ToCA race at Bathurst, a non-points, full damage Endurance event.

Also checking all details are right here...

#3 - @Tom / @LewisR3
#4 - @HighStakes
#5 - @cnd01
#6 @RedPartyhat
#7 - @Eva
#8 - @DaxCobra / @Nico_Ble99
#9 - @Whitetail
#10 - @AudiMan2011
#11 - @Wardez
#15 - @Espial
#16 - @Roflwaffle
#17 - @ranhammerR34 / @Matty
#18 - @Knelly
#19 - @Siggers
#21 - @jammy21
#22 - @GTRacer22
#24 - @snowgt / @Miguelinho
#25 - @CrazyJohn
#27 - @DrifterJoe
#29 @PSN offapple
#32 - @RACECAR
#33 - @Neliz84
#38 - @Panoz
#43 - @LancerEvo7 / Rob The #2 Driver
#45 - @Foxed
#48 - @Niop
#52 - @Ninners
#54 - @Furinkazen
#59 - @GTPorsche
#65 - @TNR_KING_FILO
#67 - @RealJaySee / Trent.
#69 - @Gedi69
#71 - @SRT DK Racing
#77 - @Spurgy 777
#79 - @DexterWhite
#80 - @nascarfan1400
#81 - @Eva
#84 - @Yeratel84
#92 - @MadDog18
#93 - @chrisjohnson93
#112 - @Katiegan
#177 - @Andil
#184 - @damonc84
#420 - @FlameyAUS

Sorry for my lack of involvement for a while. Been lurking waiting for V8s, and I will definitely do that again

WSC news. Been issues speccing a lot of cars. Fuel consumption is ridiculously different (Alpine / Mustang), some of the cars just have plain weird performance levels (2000GT). The Dodge is just a boat. Titanic handled better. So to simplify things we're going back to a spec second class, the GT-P XJ13 and 330P4 shall be joined by a secondary category for the iconic VW Samba bus. Running at full power and minimum weight, this will provide a quirky secondary battle to WSC XI. Thread launches in 8 Days, after i'm back from going away Brands Hatch. #WSCXI #BringOnTheBugs

VW Bus.....................what next a bloody trike?

2000 GT will be getting added to the list as the Dodge has got the boot.

WSC news. Been issues speccing a lot of cars. Fuel consumption is ridiculously different (Alpine / Mustang), some of the cars just have plain weird performance levels (2000GT). The Dodge is just a boat. Titanic handled better. So to simplify things we're going back to a spec second class, the GT-P XJ13 and 330P4 shall be joined by a secondary category for the iconic VW Samba bus. Running at full power and minimum weight, this will provide a quirky secondary battle to WSC XI. Thread launches in 8 Days, after i'm back from going away Brands Hatch. #WSCXI #BringOnTheBugs
Taking inspiration from my series I see.

Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg

Todays test track: Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop

Times (using DS4)

Toyota 2000GT: 2:28.830
Pantera: 2:29.025
Mustang Mach1: 2:29.255
Corvette C3: 2:29.271

Top Speeds:

Mach 1 - 179
Pantera - 179
Corvette - 178
2000 GT - 174

test track 2 : Monza - No Chicane

Times (using DS4)

Mustang Mach1: 2:01.584
Pantera: 2:01.735
Corvette C3: 2:01.764
Toyota 2000GT: 2:01.858

@LewisR3 @RedPartyhat @AudiMan2011 @Espial @Roflwaffle @DrifterJoe @RACECAR @Panoz @LancerEvo7 @Foxed @Niop @Ninners @GTPorsche@Yeratel84 @chrisjohnson93 @Andil @damonc84 @CrazyJohn @Katiegan
@Spurgy 777 @steviea712 @Sophie @rcb929

For now FRL is solely focused on ToCA15. 10 or 11 week time period back to 8 race weekends plus media day. Hopefully just the one mid season break weekend. May have another end of season event as well not a Bathurst race.

So from you guys, any thoughts, suggestions, improvements for T15?

If another end of season special race for TOCA is gonna be held, I suggest running double length races, or running a 4th race instead of an endurance.

I did like the qualifying format better yesterday, just as long as the grid gets set properly for the race start.

Lot of races there wasn't a need for Q1 so one of my small suggestions would be to skip that if there is no need for it. Purely so we can get under way with Q2 & get racing quicker .

Though I appreciate some people don't turn up till Q2 anyway so I understand why it may not be possible.

Another point, is more for other people if they're going to commit to a series then actually turn up. I think several people signed up but then had other racing committments? Be nice to get a full 16 driver grid regularly .

Apart from that, I had enjoyable first season and learnt a lot. The two stand out weekends for me was the opening brands hatch and monza. There is some quick guys in this and I struggle to even make top 10 as I suspect I lose out when it comes to setup.
Hopefully for next season I can team up with somebody to help with the setup side of things :)

Thanks for hosting Furi & see you guys for TOCA 15 .

Back