FRL - Furi Racing Leagues - Club Thread moving to Discord, news posted.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 500 comments

The first FRL Sunday Series on GTS... your choice - you may vote for up to THREE options!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@LewisR3 @RedPartyhat @AudiMan2011 @Espial @Roflwaffle @DrifterJoe @RACECAR @Panoz @LancerEvo7 @Foxed @Niop @Ninners @GTPorsche@Yeratel84 @chrisjohnson93 @Andil @damonc84 @CrazyJohn @Katiegan
@Spurgy 777 @steviea712 @Sophie @rcb929

For now FRL is solely focused on ToCA15. 10 or 11 week time period back to 8 race weekends plus media day. Hopefully just the one mid season break weekend. May have another end of season event as well not a Bathurst race.

So from you guys, any thoughts, suggestions, improvements for T15?

What exactly are you focused on?

Cars - Check
Tracks - Check

Oh focus session over. Besides, Focus stands for "F:censored:k Off 'Cos U Stupid"

If another end of season special race for TOCA is gonna be held, I suggest running double length races, or running a 4th race instead of an endurance.

I did like the qualifying format better yesterday, just as long as the grid gets set properly for the race start.

Yeah i'm completely wiping the room settings preset I have and re-doing them, appears bugged.

Lot of races there wasn't a need for Q1 so one of my small suggestions would be to skip that if there is no need for it. Purely so we can get under way with Q2 & get racing quicker .

Though I appreciate some people don't turn up till Q2 anyway so I understand why it may not be possible.

Another point, is more for other people if they're going to commit to a series then actually turn up. I think several people signed up but then had other racing committments? Be nice to get a full 16 driver grid regularly .

Apart from that, I had enjoyable first season and learnt a lot. The two stand out weekends for me was the opening brands hatch and monza. There is some quick guys in this and I struggle to even make top 10 as I suspect I lose out when it comes to setup.
Hopefully for next season I can team up with somebody to help with the setup side of things :)

Thanks for hosting Furi & see you guys for TOCA 15 .

The Q1/Q2 season came in S7 due to high interest. There have been too many "part-timers" this season and although usually there is maybe 1-2 rounds max where Q1 isn't needed, it's never been case that we went all season without. We had 28 drivers this season which is around usual, just never all at same time :lol:

Yeah, I'd suggest that if there's not enough people to require a Q1, scrap the session and continue open practice. Make it either field set or first come first served in case stragglers show.

Yeah, I'd suggest that if there's not enough people to require a Q1, scrap the session and continue open practice. Make it either field set or first come first served in case stragglers show.
Speaking of practise, I'm going to continue doing the warm up lobbies during the day before the race.

Scheduling wise, i'm considering if to move ToCA Media Day to the Night before R1 on the Friday instead of a full week back. Of course depends on most people's availability.

EDIT: Schedule wise, looking at a start first weekend June, then 2x week gap (away at Oulton Park week after and then Le Mans week after is always a traditional FRL off-Saturday), then running pretty much solid through May/June/start July.

Last edited:
So a few of you from GT6 may remember V8 SUPERCARS some three years ago, one of the better series I did. Well BoP testing is underway and getting these beasts ready for a reborn series ;) - by no means guarenteed these will be all in the series, but they are being tested. They all work out very similar power and weight on paper as well.

@Andil @R1600Turbo @LancerEvo7 @Ninners @Yeratel84 @cnd01 @Panoz @chrisjohnson93 @Foxed

20180419232305.jpg
20180419232316.jpg

So a few of you from GT6 may remember V8 SUPERCARS some three years ago, one of the better series I did. Well BoP testing is underway and getting these beasts ready for a reborn series ;) - by no means guarenteed these will be all in the series, but they are being tested. They all work out very similar power and weight on paper as well.

View attachment 731035 View attachment 731036
Oh boy, another name shoehorned onto absolutely whatever. At least it's not GT3 cars this time. Also 🤬 off with the tags ffs.

Let the good times roll......

They look like Group 4 cars which I have some of those.....
They are Group 4. You know you can get 250 to 350k in 10 minutes? Thats one GR4 which is what made the Scirocco selling unfathomably silly.

@Andil @R1600Turbo @LancerEvo7 @Ninners @Yeratel84 @cnd01 @Panoz @chrisjohnson93 @Foxed

View attachment 731035 View attachment 731036

So this is how things are done, we slap together a few craptastic VASC liveries on cars and call it a day. And then go do "BoP tests"

Surprised you didn't just go with N300 cars to make it easier.

So this is how things are done, we slap together a few craptastic VASC liveries on cars and call it a day. And then go do "BoP tests"

Surprised you didn't just go with N300 cars to make it easier.
No actually been planning on bringing this series back since GTS was launched.

Aston Martin being tested?
No.

I assume that you're using the term 'V8 Supercars' referring to 'supercars with V8's' and not the actual Australian motorsport series. Why isn't it just called a V8 GT4 championship? Not that I'm in any position to argue as I won't be competing, but still I find it a bit odd.

I assume that you're using the term 'V8 Supercars' referring to 'supercars with V8's' and not the actual Australian motorsport series. Why isn't it just called a V8 GT4 championship? Not that I'm in any position to argue as I won't be competing, but still I find it a bit odd.

Cause logical things don't exist in the dimension and time line Furi operates from. To think otherwise is a fatal error.

It's like Furi's brilliant idea of having DTM be a GT3 series, which was so successful it lasted 2 races. Gotta throw a random real series name on the series to try and draw interest. At least V8s have FRL history.

NO......Hmm GR4 and V8 yet no.......
Cause logical things don't exist in the dimension and time line Furi operates from. To think otherwise is a fatal error.
It's like Furi's brilliant idea of having DTM be a GT3 series, which was so successful it lasted 2 races. Gotta throw a random real series name on the series to try and draw interest. At least V8s have FRL history.

Yeah V8s actually have something going for them in FRL. DTM with GT3 was a mistake. Sometimes you try new things and they work, this one failed poorly. I know V8 Supercars have been requested by a few for an S2 run for some time.

Yeah V8s actually have something going for them in FRL. DTM with GT3 was a mistake. Sometimes you try new things and they work, this one failed poorly. I know V8 Supercars have been requested by a few for an S2 run for some time.

Furi why do you count yourself more than once?

Back