FRL~INDYCAR~ Plux Runs Out Of Fuel.... After He Takes The Chequers At The Motegi 300!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,968 comments

What Madrid Layout to use for Round #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
Verizon1copy_zps00d6a9a2.jpg

WELCOME TO THE FRL INDYCAR SERIES FEATURING THE FRL INDIANAPOLIS 500!

View attachment 178351

View attachment 178353

Last edited:
RACE RULES / PROCEDURES

~Races Are Sundays~

~Grip Reduction is set to Real~

~Damage is HEAVY~

~All driving aids except ABS at 1 are disallowed.~

~Draft is Weak~

~Mics enabled~

~If a start is not formed in a satisfactory manner then it may called off and another lap will be done under pace speed.~

~Penalties are off.~

~Fuel Use and Tyre Wear is on NORMAL.~

View attachment 158388

Last edited:
THE CAR:
~The FORMULA GRAN TURISMO is the car to be used and will be in two HP specifications for Ovals and Road Courses.

View attachment 158211
~Teams may be formed of up to 3 drivers, with different colour cars permitted~

Basic Set-Up Help for Ovals.

~Minimum Aero.
~Maximum ride height
~High springs
~0 Camber
~gearing set at 249

You want at Indy to be hitting 230mph on straights, and 40.xx lap times.

upload_2014-6-1_15-17-57.png

View attachment 158466

~Posts will be updated further~

Last edited:
Right, after that "problem" - FRL INDYCAR series is go. You may notice tyre compound etc are not posted, I want to test them out. Also power likely to be in region of 600 for circuits and 750 for ovals.

Right, after that "problem" - FRL INDYCAR series is go. You may notice tyre compound etc are not posted, I want to test them out. Also power likely to be in region of 600 for circuits and 750 for ovals.
A welcome return. 👍

Wonder if CH and CM are still the most realistic tyres (have to use both compounds on road courses). Previously we tried matching real laptimes at Indy oval, and using that as a guide for power on the ovals. I'll dig up the old thread to check BHP used.

Depending on things, I like the look of this. I was going to start an Auto GP series, but this just looks better.

This is what we did before:

Weight for all races was 710kg to replicate actual Indycar weight. 650bhp on road and street courses. Had to run at least 2 laps on each compound on road and street courses. CH and CM on road courses. CM and CS on street courses. Ovals ran CH. No sure about power for ovals, as we used to use a restricted transmission setting to help with the OP draft.

OP says weak draft. Is that what we're using, or real draft?

We also banned bumpdrafting due to using heavy damage.

That was on first draft OP. Yep, Real draft, and heavy damage, banned bump drafting.

Just checked DW12 specs. 701kg on 1.5 mile ovals and superspeedways. 714kg on road courses and smaller ovals. Power ranges from 550hp to 700hp. 6 forward gears.

Yup same, wikipedia? :lol:

Feels a little better with ballast.

Back