FRL - ToCA CLIO CUP SEASON 3 ~ Lancer Champion!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 106 comments
Yea, and I'm asking what other days of the week are you guys available in the evenings because that's when I organize my racing series as part of the IRS league. We tried a Clio Cup a few months ago for Sunday nights but never got enough interest. There's probably some people that would be interested in this that aren't available on Sunday afternoons.

Really guys? :rolleyes:

They ain't wrong though.

Also a tip from someone who knows this hosting game inside out and has been in it a looooong time... Do your own thing. Copying something else never works. Seen them come and go.

Yea, and I'm asking what other days of the week are you guys available in the evenings because that's when I organize my racing series as part of the IRS league. We tried a Clio Cup a few months ago for Sunday nights but never got enough interest. There's probably some people that would be interested in this that aren't available on Sunday afternoons.

Well, we run fri-sat-sun slots but please keep the self promotion to somewhere else, it wouldn't go down well if I went and started promoting myself on Miatas as that's disrespectful to R1600.

No intention of copying you. I didn't know this thread existed when I thought about a Clio Cup series. Most of my ideas stem from real world racing series and I was looking for series with low powered cars. I don't plan on promoting here, just happened to go behind the curtain a bit. If I ever wanted to advertise for something in a thread I always ask the owner for permission 👍

Keep doing your thing man, it's clearly very successful :cheers:

No intention of copying you. I didn't know this thread existed when I thought about a Clio Cup series.

Errm...
Unfortunately this. I tried opening a series with the Clio as a Clio Cup but nobody joined. I even put it on RH tires because race car. If it's not a Gr. car with high tire/fuel wear most people don't care. SMH

Also, as Lancer suggests, a potential MX5 spec last page. We're helpful :).

150hp, CH tires, allow tuning. Have fun.

I have some other ideas for a low powered car so I'm not gonna step on your toes. R1600Turbo has his Flyin' Miata series and we at IRS have a Miata series as well that ran a successful first season so there's no shortage of that 👍

STEWARDING:

RACE #9

~ @DK Warning - driving standards.

unknown.png

Monza draft battle next on Sunday!

With PD's insane draft, the races themselves will be the trolls.

That and the lack of mechanical and aero grip compared to a ToCA car, I feel less confident driving these in Curva Grande in close-quarters combat than the ToCA cars.

Didn’t see this thread until now, absolutely would’ve been interested, but it looks like the grid is pretty much full. Been wanting to take part in a Clio Cup since this game was released, love the car.

bloodyboyblue/#25/Privateer if I can still sign up.

Grid fluctuates week to week, #25 was taken by @CrazyJohn but he won't be about for a bit, welcome :)

Also a welcome to @FULCRUM1 joining FAS for the rest of the season.

Race 3 Result Modification:

Original Result:

@DK 2nd, @raceorama123432 3rd (+0.001).

Upon checking the replay, however...

20191201162444.jpg

GTS seems to use the back axle to trip the timing. As DK was in my draft, we double checked that the back of his car did not cross first.

20191201162453.jpg

20191201162532.jpg

20191201162540.jpg

Double-checking my replay:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191201162201.jpg

42.338 - .027 = 42.311

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191201162210.jpg

42.338 - .026 = 42.312

Amended Result:

Rob 2nd, DK 3rd (+0.001).

You hate to see it. :embarrassed:
That and the lack of mechanical and aero grip compared to a ToCA car, I feel less confident driving these in Curva Grande in close-quarters combat than the ToCA cars.
What a prediction this turned out to be.

Standings update. 12 races down, 9 to go. Drops start to be factored in after this one.

unknown.png

So after the mid-season break, we deviate from mirroring the ToCA Schedule for a couple weeks. Whilst ToCA heads to Brazil and Japan, Clios stay European. In a slight difference from the previous OP (which should be updated within a couple minutes of this post) we're at Sardinia C (NOT the previously mentioned C II layout, or original Spa). Then Goodwood and back supporting ToCA at Brands GP to finish the year off.

Race 1 - I had Monza setup on the car.
Race 2 - I didn't have Monza setup on the car.
Race 3 - The peak of modern FRL.

Back