FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
Did I have anything to do with that? I was behind you trying to get past and you were lagging a little bit for me, but you went straight on into Filo at the hairpin when I was close behind.
Sadly yes. Don’t know if it’s my connection or what. At the time I didn’t notice people lagging but after watching the videos back they were. On my screen I was hit up the back into the last hairpin by you, doubt you meant it. I didn’t make contact with Filo but he was also in the barriers, maybe on his screen the lag push from you was amplified and I pushed him?

Sadly yes. Don’t know if it’s my connection or what. At the time I didn’t notice people lagging but after watching the videos back they were. On my screen I was hit up the back into the last hairpin by you, doubt you meant it. I didn’t make contact with Filo but he was also in the barriers, maybe on his screen the lag push from you was amplified and I pushed him?
@raceorama123432

Crazy John was doing that the entire 3rd race on muni screen. Lag seemed to get worse as the race progressed

I did note a bit of lag from @CrazyJohn , nothing too bad but could be bad if caught off-guard.

Part of the reason was the circuit though - the Race #1 (?) when Joe was punted off at the second hairpin was pretty much a result of everyone covering the inside and slamming the brakes, so takes one small tap and its a bouncing lag train that's going to wipe out anyone stuck on outside.

Tsukuba might not be back, I'll look through replays tonight and tomorrow if required. Dragon Trail next week tho will be better, much wider open and more flowing.

Last edited:
I did note a bit of lag from @CrazyJohn , nothing too bad but could be bad if caught off-guard.

Part of the reason was the circuit though - the Race #1 (?) when Joe was punted off at the second hairpin was pretty much a result of everyone covering the inside and slamming the brakes, so takes one small tap and its a bouncing lag train that's going to wipe out anyone stuck on inside.

Tsukuba might not be back, I'll look through replays tonight and tomorrow if required. Dragon Trail next week tho will be better, much wider open and more flowing.

What do you mean by "might"?

Working on stewarding now and a couple of the people who were complaining about people being impatient in the reverse grid races really need to take their own advice.

Alright. First up Stewarding. For all intents and purposes I will not list every reported incident but only those which have resulted in penalties. Stewards review the races individually and an incident may not have to be necessarily reported for Stewards to act on it.

As a reminder to all, "Strikes" are given for incidents. It is possible to accumulate multiple strikes through a season. Once applied, a strike lasts for the whole season. Multiple strikes have the following effects:

3: Back of the grid for Race #1 of the next meeting (driver may not run laps in Q2).
4: 10 point penalty to Overall championship score.
5: 1-race ban.

Warnings are a precautionary slap on the wrist, generally one of these is issued before a strike.

Round #4
@raceorama123432 - Warning for lag.

Round #5
@cnd01 - Warning for contact with @Yeratel84
@LancerEvo7 - Warning for contact with @DrifterJoe
@DrifterJoe - Warning for contact with @AudiMan2011 / @chrisjohnson93
@RACECAR - Warning for contact with @Macboyilija
@Yeratel84 - Warning for contact with @Macboyilija

Round #6
@TNR_KING_FILO - Warning for contact with @AudiMan2011
@AudiMan2011 - Warning for contact with @TNR_KING_FILO
@raceorama123432 - 2nd Warning for lag.
@TNR_KING_FILO - 1 strike for incident with @CrazyJohn , positions reversed (OLD: 05 TNR, 06 CRZ - NEW: 05 CRZ 06 TNR)

Summary of Overall Strikes:
1x - @DrifterJoe @Furinkazen @LewisR3 @TNR_KING_FILO
2x - @cnd01

Overall Standings:

Overall @Ninners pulls away with consistent string scores, @cnd01 & @DrifterJoe make it 3 Audi teams in top 3 in points, with @TNR_KING_FILO pulling the FAS VW into 4th. I move up into 9th spot, @polarbear345 ToCA return is strong enough to lock him in. Dropping into Q1 territory are @bigbeefytaco @LewisR3 but that whole zone combined with @Panoz @RACECAR @chrisjohnson93 is very tight. @GTPorsche isn't that far off the drop himself.

Just a note @weescotman @TheClarky @steviea712 haven't turned a wheel yet, and I expect @Foxed @Macboyilija @RRRacing all to return soon.

unknown.png

Independents:

A number of absentees mean @Yeratel84 & @Espial take a commanding lead. It's tight all the way through but a drop round will also come into force later in the season.

unknown.png

Manufacturer-Teams Championship:

ITCC Racing got a 2nd car on the grid and also a 1-2 finish which helps them keep within distance. 56 points covering 4 teams isn't that bad... Also nice to have all 4 teams on track.

unknown.png

Manufacturers Championship:

With 3 top teams in Audi's, the signs look ominous for the rest. Peugeot, Renault, Hyundai all will need more cars on track to make up ground.

unknown.png

Hadn’t realised it was that bad :( My PS4 is in the same place as my PS3, with the same router. I’m a long way away from it, but that’s never been an issue before, sorry if it affected your race Filo (or anyone else), hate when I get lag spiked off, so it must be annoying for you guys too.

Just shows how far i'm behind the fact that people have missed half the races and i'm still behind them.

Probably going to miss next week, not that I would of qualified.

Lag from my perspective, only watching back there was more lag than I realised.

Did I lag this bad all the time, was there just a few occasions or just this once?

Don’t know how well you see it but I don’t touch Filo on my screen

From what I saw the lag was really spotty.
:guilty: If it persists at Monza then I’ll probably have to call it quits with GTS online. Not fair to lag wreck people just because my PS4 and internet aren’t mates.

Won’t be at Dragon Trail as I doubt I’ll be back from Oulton Park in time, I’m the second last race of the day

That was terrible indeed. Maybe you can share a montage of the 1st race where we were close ratio racing for quite a bit ? I did not save the replay.

Finally we're going to a track that can spread out a little bit this week, so I don't think the driving standards will be that bad here at dragon tail

Finally we're going to a track that can spread out a little bit this week, so I don't think the driving standards will be that bad here at dragon tail
Yeah, having Brands Indy then Tsukuba was a horrible idea. I even think we should start somewhere other than Brands Indy for that reason, but I know we won't because BTCC.

Yeah, having Brands Indy then Tsukuba was a horrible idea. I even think we should start somewhere other than Brands Indy for that reason, but I know we won't because BTCC.
I'm in full agreement there. I know the track selection is limited, but I think we've seen that it's probably a good idea to avoid having 2 really small tracks in a row. Very glad we're not doing the Maggiore tiny track this week.

I'm in full agreement there. I know the track selection is limited, but I think we've seen that it's probably a good idea to avoid having 2 really small tracks in a row. Very glad we're not doing the Maggiore tiny track this week.

Fully agreed track variety needs to be spread more - Brands will remain season opener/closer for T16 but more than likely Dragon Trail will go to Week #2.

Was looking to get on the next race, but my brake pedal keeps flicking on and off. Warranty is done so needing to wait on someone having a look to see what's up. Fingers crossed it's this week.

Whenever I've attempted to come online and run some laps, online seems to be down. Seems like I'll have to leave my first laps until race day again.

I won't be able to make it tomorrow so I'm praying for the issues to reappear tomorrow night. :lol:

Back