FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
Two top 10s ain't bad on a track I absolutely hate. Managed to stay out of the majority of trouble from the others.

Average night at Gardens, 2 top 10 results but a few bits of contact and a bit of lag means strikes and/or penalties may be coming my way. Hoping that I can end with some decent results around Brands Hatch but haven't gone well there throughout ToCA for whatever reason.

Also last weeks highlights from Blue Moon Speedway:

I always thought the attacks at Furinkazen were tongue in cheek. After reading up I am not so sure anymore.

I think as a newbie he is doing very good. But also notice being a bit stubborn. Which probably is a good thing when organising something where everybody has its own opinion ready. You jus cant please them all. Still listening to the guys is important, but he can expect from them to “ask” in a proper and polite matter.

Organising a League is not an easy task. So for that I thought some remarks over the weeks were strange, but considered them as humor basically.

About the driving: i do think some regulars have an issue. Not with driving style but more with the reporting. If more people would consider some actions as race incidents the system would already benefit from it.

Still its our responsibility not to cause race incidents and to respect one anothers position more. In the end, most people want to go forward to fast. Sometimes just waiting a bit more would help a lot.

I know, nobody was asking for my opinion ;)

I always thought the attacks at Furinkazen were tongue in cheek. After reading up I am not so sure anymore.

I think as a newbie he is doing very good. But also notice being a bit stubborn. Which probably is a good thing when organising something where everybody has its own opinion ready. You jus cant please them all. Still listening to the guys is important, but he can expect from them to “ask” in a proper and polite matter.

Organising a League is not an easy task. So for that I thought some remarks over the weeks were strange, but considered them as humor basically.

About the driving: i do think some regulars have an issue. Not with driving style but more with the reporting. If more people would consider some actions as race incidents the system would already benefit from it.

Still its our responsibility not to cause race incidents and to respect one anothers position more. In the end, most people want to go forward to fast. Sometimes just waiting a bit more would help a lot.

I know, nobody was asking for my opinion ;)

Eh, got to be a mix. Wouldn't regard many as "attacks" - that is a bit strong - though I used to be way more stubborn than this and there was a couple times I nearly killed the series in early GT5 days. 75% of the time it's tongue in cheek - Lancer & Yera our stewards for instance have been with us both since Season 7 on GT5 (IIRC), @Panoz Season 8, ChrisJohnson since Season 2 or 3! - so we all know each other and quite honestly I take much more of a roasting in PM off the main forum topic, and sometime it is deserved, other times is it is (what I personally see) as nitpicking. The one thing that has actually gone down well is the ToCA16 track list... :D

Being a series organiser you can never do completely right - there'll always be at least one of a dodgy driver, a car that doesn't quite work (in a series with BoP), a track choice maybe that didn't suit the series.

Far as driving standards go, I have no hesitation in identifying at least 8 drivers who've been in majority of the season and a few others who for one reason or another haven't been able to participate who I can trust 100% on track and are all perfectly respectful on track. Stewarding has been slightly tougher this season and it has helped a bit.

Roll on the Brands finale, track I always fly round at.

Last edited:
I feel the exact opposite. In my opinion, the reason ToCA's standards are as low as they are is because no one ever bothered reporting anything for many seasons, and when they did, the stewards usually shrugged it off (I say this having been a steward for several seasons). This season, it's been a lot better, a lot more reports, but still not a load apart from the really bad races. And a lot of reports are 'This is probably a racing incident, but have a look at it.' I don't think it'll ever be a squeaky clean series by nature, but with this change and a better schedule for next season, I think driving standards will be a bit better.

And us ribbing Furi is (mostly) tongue-in-cheek. If we had as much of a problem with him as we act like we do, we would've been gone a long time ago.

When are we going to get the standings?
k.

Nothing in terms of swaps / changes to results.

However, a 3rd strike for @cnd01 for the first turn at race 1 lap 1, sends him to the back of the grid for Race #1 at Brands GP.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Oh and a test lobby open.

Raceday!

However I will not be able to host a warm up lobby until close to race time today.

Decent final night with results boosted with the lower numbers. Need improvement for next season as it's seems as though i'm slipping down the pecking order speed wise.

Congraulations to the champions - Nin, ECM, Audi and Porsche.

Epic first race for my best result of the season. The other two were just pathetic.

Spent races 1 and 2 figuring out car. Race 3 podium... and then pneultimate straight happened :lol:

Grid number wise not worried, I know a few absentees be returning next season.

Definitely much happier than T14 season, however need to stop the events where I'm a mile off pace which killed any my momentum.

Today summed up the season. Either I got punted/made a mistake and ended up overdriving the car because i was behind guys I felt like I shouldn't be behind, or I cleared the first couple laps and ended up on the podium without seeing another car for the rest of the race.

Today summed up the season. Either I got punted/made a mistake and ended up overdriving the car because i was behind guys I felt like I shouldn't be behind, or I cleared the first couple laps and ended up on the podium without seeing another car for the rest of the race.

Hey, most important event of season happened after round 27...

Had fun in my abbreviated season. There's room for improvement, but I felt far better the last few rounds when compared to the start of the season. Will assuredly be back for season 16.

Back