FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
It’s almost as if 30bhp and RWD can’t compensate for an extra 25% weight or 250kg. :dopey:
Here's the times-
Pug 2:12.1
VW 2.13.0
Audi 2:13.1
Ren 2:13.5
Hy 2:15.1

VW and Audi are basically the same pace, it just comes down to handling traits. They both have the same top speed too.

The Hyundai is joint slowest in a straight line, but loses most time in the corners.

The Megane is generally lacking pace all around. It doesn't really handle well enough to cope with much more power though.

While all cars are still available to choose, I'll wait to see bop adjustments before deciding on my car.

Here's the top speeds- Pug 157, Audi and VW 156, Megane 155, minimum rear aero Hyundai 155

Last edited:
There's a lot that needs to go into the Genesis to make it work. There's potential, but until we get some proper setups for the car, it'll be slow.

It has nothing to do with setups, just needs loads of weight taking off it, the best part of 200kg.

Nothing worth mentioning as I was there for only 10 minutes. All I can say is that I could match @Furinkazen's time at Gardens II with the Audi.

I'd may as well choose the Pug for now and wait to see what it's like after a bop change. If I don't like it, the VW will be my 2nd choice.

Also worth mentioning that I DID have a setup on the Genesis. It would be a couple of seconds slower without it.

Last edited:
Ok but suspension is good or do u feel there is more pace in it?
It's good. The only real improvement would be if you were able to minimise the wheelspin/oversteer out of the slow corners. Further gear adjustments and/or differential changes would help, but it wasn't a big time loss for me anyway and it isn't reflected in the times I posted, as I posted the optimal laptimes for each car.

I use Bathurst for testing because it has a bit of everything. Last season's cars were all within 0.4 of each other there, and would have been closer if the Pug and Renault hadn't been given more performance mid season.

Brands GP:

Time (Optimal)

VW - 30.5 (30.2)
Hyundai - 31.6 (31.3)
Peugeot - 30.8 (30.2)
Renault - 31.4 (31.0)

Note I have 10000x time more experience in VW.

Also Bathurst exaggerates the time difference, pretty sure of that.

Last edited:
Test results:

Car - PB (Optimal)

Audi TT - 30.4* (30.1)
Peugeot RCZ - 30.0 (30.0)
Renault Mégane - 31.1 (31.1)
VW Scirocco - NaN
Hyundai Genesis - NaN

*Missed the apex quite badly at the last turn.

Last edited:
Here's Brands Indy for now-

Hyundai 47.642
VW 46.559
Audi 46.817
Peugeot 46.680
Renault 46.922

As you'd expect really, since the track is mainly about low speed handling.

Having driven the Hyundai I feel the weight is hampering it. Don't see much issue speed wise.

Having driven the Hyundai I feel the weight is hampering it. Don't see much issue speed wise.
Its joint slowest in a straght line, but weight reduction will help that too.

3/5 done at Interlagos.

Edit-

Interlagos-
Hyundai 1:40.115
VW 1:38.138
Audi 1:38.367
Peugeot 1:37.863
Renault 1:38.722

@Furinkazen @Spurgy 777

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with setups, just needs loads of weight taking off it, the best part of 200kg.

Yeah, and that's why GTS's own Gr.4 BoP separates these cars by as much as 327kg. :rolleyes: If you try to give the Hyundai comparable weight to the FF's, it will drive circles around the FF's.

Back