FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
Yeah, and that's why GTS's own Gr.4 BoP separates these cars by as much as 327kg. :rolleyes: If you try to give the Hyundai comparable weight to the FF's, it will drive circles around the FF's.

Well let’s look the the power to weight for the games BoP and yours.

upload_2018-5-20_12-22-49.png

The Peugeots P/W has stayed pretty much the same, the Audi and VW have lost about 0.01, the Hyundai 0.02 and the Megane 0.03. Now P/W ratio isn't everything obviously, but it's a pretty good indicator when compared to the games BoP and fits nicely with the Peugeot being the fastest, VW and Audi being the same pace, and the Megane being the slowest of the FWD. The main difference is the Genesis being slower than the Megane, but that's probably because it sucks as a Gr.4 car to start off with.

When running yesterday, the first sector of brands indy gave an extremely accurate reading of a car's general handling, so I'll run there again. I'll do bathurst too and see if the cars are as close as last season now.

Did some testing at Interlagos with a slight tweak to the Genesis as it was on a 1:39.7 still 0.5 off of the Audi which was fastest. I was using default setups so not sure whether the FWDs can gain more in tuning than the Genesis or not.

upload_2018-5-20_14-55-40.png

Might be worth slowing the Audi down a little (adding 1% weight will probably put it into the .5s) as it will probably gain more at tracks it's good at (I'm thinking both Dragon Trails and Blue Moon) than it will lose at tracks it's not so good at.

@Spurgy 777 remember RWD will have advantage off starts and tyre wear through race. RWD should always specced to be slightly slower than FWD.

With tyre wear set as low as it is the differences between RWD and FWD are practically zero. The lap times didn't drop off at all over the course of a race last season with at most 20-25% wear, so setting the Genesis to 0.3-0.5 seconds a lap slower is overkill, especially when Interlagos is probably one of it's better tracks.

Did some testing at Interlagos with a slight tweak to the Genesis as it was on a 1:39.7 still 0.5 off of the Audi which was fastest. I was using default setups so not sure whether the FWDs can gain more in tuning than the Genesis or not.

View attachment 737404

Might be worth slowing the Audi down a little (adding 1% weight will probably put it into the .5s) as it will probably gain more at tracks it's good at (I'm thinking both Dragon Trails and Blue Moon) than it will lose at tracks it's not so good at.
I'll run Interlagos later tonight, as I have a setup on every car. I'll probably have them posted around 11-11:30

Edit- I'll use your weight for the Genesis

I'll run Interlagos later tonight, as I have a setup on every car. I'll probably have them posted around 11-11:30

Edit- I'll use your weight for the Genesis

Some more times at other tracks, not exactly what I was expecting but on the whole they seem fairly even, Peugeot and Megane were struggling a bit around Dragon Trail but I think I could get that gap down a bit.

upload_2018-5-20_17-39-16.png

upload_2018-5-20_17-39-33.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the times under the circuit name are the ones I actually did and the ones under op are my optimals in case anyone was wondering.

Oh and just realised it still says % gap, it's not, it's just the actual gap.

My interlagos times will be late, I've got a much better Hyundai setup now, which I was comparing back-to-back with the old one. It lapped interlagos at 1228kg faster than spurgy did at 1188kg.

Ok, here's the times @Furinkazen @Spurgy 777 -

Audi 1:38.083
VW 1:38.185
Peugeot 1:38.275
Renault 1:38.476
Hyundai 1:38.852

These are at the specs in the most recent pictures furi posted, and are optimal times.

I would try +1 weight on the audi as spurgy said, -1 weight on the Peugeot, -1 power and -2 weight on the Renault, and +1 power and -2 weight on the Hyundai.

Last edited:
Keen to get involved in this ! Is there any sort of prerequisite/expected standard?
Just not being dirty and being competent.

I mentioned this yesterday - the series uses a pre-qualifying system if required. Top 12 in pts are "locked in" to the weekends races, leaving 4 spots available from a timed Q1 session for everyone else. If anyone from Top 12 is missing, it opens an extra spot. Independents still score for their series even if they DNQ.

Did some testing myself around Dragon Trails II and will probably do some more testing tomorrow before deciding my car for the season.

If the specs are staying as they currently are, i'll choose the Audi

JoeOfTheFire
Audi (pending bop changes)
Looking for a teammate.

Sure thing. 👍

@Furinkazen ever consider adding success ballast to ToCA? It'd make the championships closer and give a wider variety of winners, rather than always having the usual suspects at the front.
Had it T13. Didn't really work. Cream will always rise to the top. GTS remember also operates weight in % not by kilos.

Both races 2 and 3 back to reverse grids as well this season, that's enough of a handicap / challenge.

Last edited:
I'm about to get online for some testing here and see where each car stacks up. I'll post results here.

Feel free to join. I'll use a friend's only lobby

PSN: cnd01

Back