FRL - ToCA16: Ninners, LancerEvo7, ECM, Hyundai CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 204 comments
WEEK #2: BRANDS HATCH INDY UPDATE:

Been very busy this week so the full results documents have not been done.

However two adjustments to the Race #3 result.

~@cnd01 given a 2.1 second penalty time penalty for an incident with Yeratel.

Previous race result: 01 @cnd01 02 @LancerEvo7 @Yeratel84
Official race result: 01 @LancerEvo7 02 @Yeratel84 03 @cnd01

~@GTPorsche given a 1.0 second penalty for an incident with Rob.

Previous race result: 06 @GTPorsche 07 @Niop 08 @Panoz 09 @raceorama123432
Official race result: 06 @Niop 07 @Panoz 08 @raceorama123432 09 @GTPorsche

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS:

A reminder Top 12 are locked in and do not need to attend Q1. Drivers below 12th do so.

Success Ballast - the following drivers have the aforementioned car weights for all sessions of this weekend at Dragon Trail Seaside:
@Ninners 106% (+41kg)
@cnd01 105% (+27kg)
@LancerEvo7 103% (14kg)

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
You made a mistake in the Teams table, race 6 should have ECM with 37 and FAS with 28...

Edit: what do you mean by "Dragon Trail - Spaces"?

Good racing tonight. Car was good but due to the nature of track getting through the pack was tough, especially early in the race with a train of cars towing each other, although that would be avoided if I had a better opening lap...

Q - Great
R1 - Great except aero pushing in the harbor chicane with a few laps left, but still got 5th so meh it doesn't matter.
R2 - Great
R3 - Super Great

Q- Encouraging.
R1 - Solid mostly trouble-free race.
R2 - Caught up Lap 1 fracas but clawed back for a decent finish.
R3 - Best ToCA finish in a long, long time.

49075260693_8741755a0a_b.jpg

Q- Encouraging.
R1 - Solid mostly trouble-free race.
R2 - Caught up Lap 1 fracas but clawed back for a decent finish.
R3 - Best ToCA finish in a long, long time.

49075260693_8741755a0a_b.jpg
Excellent fight between us Race 2 as well. As fair and uncompromising as it comes.

@raceorama123432 Gotta love PD's invisible barriers.

Overall it was a good weekend for me. It felt good to finally show some speed, it was a pretty good track for the Toyota.

R1 - Had a good battle with @Ninners until I decided I wanted to build some sand castles. Watching the replays, man I was bad in the hairpin at the bottom of the hill.
R2 - Clean race for me, and had some good battling with @Yeratel84
R3 - I had a poor attempt to avoid the pile up after turn 2 and ended up driving right into it and came out in last. I luckily managed to make it back up to 6th. @FlichFloch sorry if I was too pushy getting past you, that probably could have been done a bit better.

Just love getting a penalty for hard racing at Brands Indy costing me 5 points then get taken out at Dragon Trail and the penalty will be inconsequential to my own cost in the championship. That incident definitely cost me 2-3 spots and another 3-4 points. These two incidents are the difference in the championship to this point. Terrible

Just love getting a penalty for hard racing at Brands Indy costing me 5 points then get taken out at Dragon Trail and the penalty will be inconsequential to my own cost in the championship. That incident definitely cost me 2-3 spots and another 3-4 points. These two incidents are the difference in the championship to this point. Terrible
The lesson here being you can't just drive through someone and get away with it. Running through people isn't hard racing.

Did Anybody safe the Races from last weekend? (Dragon Trail) would like to see the replays but forgot to safe them
If my internet isn't 🤬 , I can upload them.

Firstly Stewarding:

RACE #9:
~2x Strikes for @Furi for incidents with @cnd01
~Warning for @Aron Baker & @FlichFloch for reactions on and off track. Keep it cool guys, that got a bit silly.

Standings Updates:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Success Ballast - the following drivers have the aforementioned car weights for all sessions of this weekend at Maggiore Central II:

@Ninners 106% (+41kg)
@cnd01 105% (+27kg)
@LancerEvo7 104% (+14kg)

Being Race #3 - Stewards have also carried out a BoP review with two revisions to be implemented with immediate effect.

~Renault -1% power, -2% weight, (97-96%)
~Tyre wear changed to 1x.

Screwed up connection meant I saw polarbear in weird places on track during practice and Q. Then got hit with the grid glitch because of it.

Hoping things are better at Monza connection wise

Last edited:
Well that was an interesting evenings racing.

Quali - I was made up with 5th and how good the Peugeot was here. Then I found out that my starts where going to be a disaster but nothing I could do about it.

Race 1 - 8th yeah I'll take that.
Race 2 - Did not expect 2nd and I bet others did not either. Some fantastic racing with @LancerEvo7 for lap after lap.
My apologies again to @Yeratel84 for taping him wide at turn 1 after breaking late.
Race 3 - Doing OK until I came across Yeratel who had had a spin. Tried to get down the inside but there was no room and ran into him picking up front damage. Then was stuck behind Yera until lap 23 where I eventually past him on the main straight.

All in all some great racing and not a bad evening.

Car pace was good but struggled to do anything in traffic, especially when in draft trains further down the order. Really need to sort out my first laps to avoid getting stuck in this situation. I did notice my driving standards take a drop which I'm not so happy about, but that was to be expected at a track like this with the limited passing opportunities.

Quali - car felt quick, expected to be around 5th or 6th tbh behind the ECM trio. P3 time surprised me, following lap a perfect S1 put me on pole, which despite @Ninners efforts was good enough by 0.003. First pole I believe, shocked.

Race 1 - Got roughed up a little by @Yeratel84 and @LancerEvo7 at start which (especially from the former) irked me at the time, but honestly it was nothing more than first lap bunching. Survived the battles in front and spent most of the race 3rd with @Panoz never more than a second behind me for 10 laps plus, probably most tense race i've had on GTS.

Race 2 - FWD from Row 7 with RWD Row 8 meant I had a grandstand seat of the 4-wide at least into T1. Was about surviving then and getting a decent finish. The @Foxed / Lancer battle up front kept it nice and close and I managed to get by Yera through an error of his, then I caught the first corner kerb with my inside rear wheel letting him back through. About 6-7 cars covered by 6-7 seconds and cannot complain, excellent racing with Yera as well.

Race 3 - I was very lucky. Survived the start barely, then was running close with Yera when he got it all wrong top of the hil, I braked and would have missed him i'm sure or made minimal contact but then @cnd01 dumped me from behind straight into him. No idea if he had nowhere to go in turn or just tried and failed a send. Was running around 5th/6th with Connor, hard racing with him, Lancer, @DK caused him to check up massively at the kink, so I was in the grass and split between flooring it and potentially side-swiping him or a massive lift. Nearly wrecked either way after the latter, and then I hit the "Wall Of FRL" exit final turn, killing my car and leaving me 10th. Ehh. Provisional 32 point haul highest of season.

Big thanks to @polarbear345 for subbing in to replace the absent (and probably drunk) @raceorama123432 , and see you back at Interlagos in your Toyota.

Word though on driving standards. Absolutely could tell a split today. Guys like Lancer and Yera I could run millimetres from and completely trust as ever, yet some were pulling some questionable moves at best down the order that will be looked at, trying to overcompensate and causing some issues. Word - always better to drive within your limits rather than over-drive and wreck yourself and (potentially) others weekends.

Second half of season and Monza dawns next for its debut on the no chicane layout, hold on tight!

Firstly Stewarding:

RACE #11:
~ Strike x1 @cnd01 for first lap.
~ Strike x1 @Foxed for contact with Yeratel.

GENERAL WARNING:
~ @DK - Driving Standards
~ @Ninners - Indicator usage

OVERALL STRIKES FOR SEASON - 3x TRIGGER A GRID DROP!

~2x Furi
~1x Cnd01
~1x Foxed

STANDINGS UPDATE AT HALF-WAY!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Success Ballast - the following drivers have the aforementioned car weights for all sessions of this weekend at Monza NC:

@Ninners 106% (+41kg)
@cnd01 105% (+27kg)
@LancerEvo7 104% (+14kg)

Good luck, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Back