FRL - ToCA16: Ninners, LancerEvo7, ECM, Hyundai CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 204 comments
Toca Media Night details and update:

@LewisR3 @FlichFloch @Addy21_NL @RaceFox @Ninners @Niop @Aron Baker @raceorama123432 (rest are regular FRL Discord members, so get a notification)

ENTRY LIST UPDATE:

~Three entries remain. Top #12 lock-in drivers will be revealed in full next week.

~Peugeot, Renault, Toyota available still. BMW & Toyota without manufacturer teams.

~Reminder car choice is open until Round #1 the saturday after next.

unknown.png

*#65 is only scheduled for a couple rounds.

~So this sunday is Media Night - few adjustments to what was posted beforehand.

~Instead of taking place at Autopolis as planned, the nights test will be held at Blue Moon Bay to give drivers time before Round #1 there - previous seasons I usually found time for 3 or 4 major tests before Media Night but that hasn't happened this time, hence the change.

~Media Night format is as follows. Please note on saturday night our clocks go BACK one hour (to GMT). All times below are in this format.

*19:00 - Room opens.
*20:15 - Photo shoot. 4 or 5 laps, ideally want to get general pics of the field (maybe even formed up on front straight as there's a large area), on one lap get Works / Independent drivers in two group, and on another the cars together by Manufacturer.
*20:30 - Second part of the test.
*22:00 - Test closes.

~Can ALL drivers please upload their livery by Round #1 or send me a link to the upload on their profile? I am after doing some graphics for the season involving these (perhaps standings or grid ones)

7359542669084754465_1.png

Also the ToCA Clio Cup is back, same time as ToCA but sundays supporting 5 of 7 rounds for it's own 21-race season. If you've not signed up you're missing out some crazy fun.

Furi, want to post the results of the test? Just to show that BoP is actually pretty good.
Nah thanks, though to be fair it's only time you'll be top of any standings this season...

Last edited:
Toca Media Night details and update:

@LewisR3 @FlichFloch @Addy21_NL @RaceFox @Ninners @Niop @Aron Baker @raceorama123432 (rest are regular FRL Discord members, so get a notification)

~Instead of taking place at Autopolis as planned, the nights test will be held at Blue Moon Bay to give drivers time before Round #1 there - previous seasons I usually found time for 3 or 4 major tests before Media Night but that hasn't happened this time, hence the change.

~Media Night format is as follows. Please note on saturday night our clocks go BACK one hour (to GMT). All times below are in this format.

*19:00 - Room opens.
*20:15 - Photo shoot. 4 or 5 laps, ideally want to get general pics of the field (maybe even formed up on front straight as there's a large area), on one lap get Works / Independent drivers in two group, and on another the cars together by Manufacturer.
*20:30 - Second part of the test.
*22:00 - Test closes.

~Can ALL drivers please upload their livery by Round #1 or send me a link to the upload on their profile? I am after doing some graphics for the season involving these (perhaps standings or grid ones)

Alrighty everyone it's Media Night. Reminder our clocks have gone back so we are on GMT - Media Night 6 and a half hours from this post.

ToCA MEDIA NIGHT GALLERY / ROUND #1 PREVIEW!

This Sunday saw the now-traditional ToCA Media Day, which despite a late switch to Sunday and a clash with F1, still had a reasonable contingent of entries. All six manufacturers were represented, amongst nine drivers, Encouragingly, eight of those were all within a second of one-another. Cheers to @DK @Andil @LancerEvo7 @Panoz @Foxed @Aron Baker @FlichFloch @AudiMan2011 for showing up.

20191028233042.jpg

20191028233057.jpg

20191028233034.jpg

20191028233118.jpg

20191028233145.jpg

20191028233202.jpg

20191028233244.jpg

20191028233251.jpg

20191028233154.jpg

Next up, schedule change as i'm unavailable 7th December. Only thing I think that'll affect any of the dates stated is if i'm called in for work as extra cover.
unknown.png

Another bit of info - If Spa is in this update - it makes no difference - no changes to tracks we race on for this season.

Below is the lock-in listing for Round #1. Top #12 here are "locked" into Week 1. The rest will have to do a Q1 session at 7pm GMT. It's a standard Q session, fastest four are in the field provided we have at least four drivers turn up for it. Additional spots open up if any of the top 12 don't turn up.

All Q sessions run to EITHER the in-game timer bottom left of screen OR a steward typing #FLAG in the chat box- whichever comes first. You are still allowed to complete the lap you are on however. After this weekend it goes by top 12 in championship standings.

Please confirm entry details are all correct. Car changes are permitted until before Round #1 and factory team openings still do exist for BMW, Toyota, Peugeot, Renault.

@raceorama123432 @cnd01 @DK @LewisR3 @Panoz @LancerEvo7 @Ninners @GTPorsche @Andil @Yeratel84 @AudiMan2011 @RACECAR @Addy21_NL @Crashbroke23 @FlichFloch @Niop @TrentDog1 @Foxed @Aron Baker

unknown.png

Any other questions? If not see you Saturday for the first races - promises to be a cracker.

Furi.

Lobby open yet?
Just been sorting few bits out, should be up shortly. Bandwidth went back up to high last night - want it to stay that way and avoid Media Day lag.

EDIT: PSN issues, Sony end.... hold tight...

EDIT: Time is currently 17:43 GMT with Q1 due at 19:00. Will give these issues time until 19:15 GMT to sort themselves out before making an offical call.

Last edited:
Well, at least I don't have to pre-qualify next week. :embarrassed: Still getting over the disappointment of dropping from a fight for the podium to P7 in R3.

If Furi knew how to drive you wouldn't have been fighting for a podium.
Not even walled you on my screen and you got passed at the hairpin by me, not sure what the issue is but we'll see.

Thanks for being back-up host. Good racing all round, save my lag horror show.

Decent action tonight. Had a good fight in R3 before being bundled down to P6.

Happy with the ECM 1-2-3 in race 2, it really should've been in all three races, I got boned by lag in race 1 and Furi in race 3.

R1 great racing with Nin
R2 definitely had the send of the day and then drove like my grandma the rest of the race
R3 another great race with Nin

So my weekend.

Q: Knew coming into weekend I had a car capable of a top 5 starting spot, if I got a clean uninterrupted lap. Sadly that never came, the one blinder I had I came across an errant and recovering @FlichFloch . Still consider 8th, barely a tenth behind 6th a good effort all things considered.

R1: Didn't see *anybody* lagging. After a couple laps @Aron Baker went off despite me being a full one and a half car widths to his side at the hairpin. Thought it might be bit of "australian" lag. Then turning @Yeratel84 at the hairpin despite never even having a nose near his car on my screen made me realise what was going on, eugh. Considered parking it after but motored round to a provisional finish of P10.

R2: Recovery mode in place, fairly uneventful race. May have surrounded @Panoz in a FAS sandwich I think. Special thanks to Lancer for hosting from here on then.

R3: Did not expect 4th after a poor start. Had contact with @GTPorsche that I couldn't do that much about, he wasn't even on my radar, I was taking a racing line and if I didn't turn in I was off. Lucky to avoid the chaos in front (as he was unlucky), and set about marching up the field. Unsure why @LancerEvo7 had any issues, I gave him one bump on a straight before he went straight off on his own few turns later. Thought I had Panoz on last lap but a great move T1 got it for him. Provisionally 6th in points, after R1 didn't expect that and Brands will be a much better round for the VW. Onwards.

*reminder any issues can be messaged to myself within next 24 hours or so*

Furi was lagging so badly in Q that I made an extra pit stop to get away from him. I wasn't even getting draft off of him it was that bad.

WEEK #1: BLUE MOON BAY RACE RESULTS
20191103142716.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS:

A reminder Top 12 are locked in and do not need to attend Q1. Drivers below 12th do so.

Success Ballast is now in play and the following drivers have new car weights for all sessions of this weekend at Brands Hatch Indy:
@cnd01 106% (+41kg)
@Ninners 105% (+27kg)
@LancerEvo7 103% (14kg)

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Latest Posts

Back