FRL ~ ToCA18 ~ CONGRATULATIONS TO NINNERS - CHAMPION!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 90 comments
Of course a RWD car gets more power.......
They got boned by the tire physics change at the end of last season. We just didn't deal with it then because the championships were sealed and it would've been a bad look if I gave my own car +2% power for the last few rounds.

Toyota needed more power as it was losing a ton of time on corner exit. It could get to the same top speed as the other cars on a long straight, but it would've been hopeless anywhere but Spa.

And so today is the FRL 10th anniversary. ToCA Season 1, Race #1 at Cape Ring.

Here is the Season 18 preview:

Firstly the four manufacturer-teams:

Team_ECM_F.jpg

zEVFUbv.jpg

6kgZmEs.jpg

Team_LEXAR2.jpg

And the Independents Championship runners.
jo6ZnZz.jpg

32_DK2.jpg

tywwcpZ.jpg
VNgOWJp.jpg

8x7Mzbm.jpg

jjTjdGZ.jpg

Gv6JpuH.jpg

x7RI0B2.jpg

MpUhZHq.jpg

B6n9xeQ.jpg

2lpiXWt.jpg

Last edited:
For the first time in 2021 it's a ToCA Raceday! Few notes to explain / remind people how things go. There will be at the start (19:00 2 rooms, one of which hosted by myself (PSN: Furi_54) & @wants to go to the lobby (TheOriginalJonT) . Please make sure you have us BOTH added on PSN. I will be hosting the lobby for Pre-Qualifying, and Jon will have the Race lobby. Attached is the entry listing. The drivers occupying slots 1-12 do NOT need to pre-qualify and can head straight to Jon's lobby.

Please ensure your liveries are all correct - you've all had time to prepare them and get them ready and if you haven't got the correct spec livery, your times will not be registered. Slots 13 onwards are required in my lobby for Pre-Qualifying at 19:00 GMT (7 hours from time of writing this post) in my lobby. This will take form of a traditional 10-minute session, with fastest 4 times progressing. Once the session is over and I confirm who is through, I shut my lobby and we all go over to Jon's.

Qualifying is at 19:25 for the first of the three races, again a 10 minute session. It will normally be 19:20 but on the first week I always allow people a few extra minutes. A note regarding Qualifying places - if a driver from the top 12 cannot make it, it'll open up an extra transfer spot - so if 11 of the top 12 are racing, we'll have 5 instead of 4 transfer spots. All 3 races are 8 laps, starting with 80L fuel and false start check is on. Race 2 is reverse grid result R1, R3 is reverse R2. From Race #2 onwards we will have success ballast in play. Winner of R1 get 4% extra weight, 2nd 2%, 3rd/4th 1%. Then for R3, ballast goes off the finishing result of R2, top 4 in that race will have ballast for R3, rest of the field will be at their cars base weight.

If anyone has any matters for stewards, forward to myself or any of the stewards with the pink names here on Discord or drop a GTP PM. Deadline for receiving stewards PMs is Monday morning (UK time). Generally stewarding shall be looked at monday/tuesday and pts tables either wednesday/thursday. From next week - the locked-in drivers are top 12 in points, so a good performance tonight is important.

Good luck everybody

Note: I am aware #24 Rotary will not be racing tonight so we will have a maximum of 7 drivers for 4 spots.

Further note - I'll be twitch streaming Q1 and the races, and I know several other drivers will be, will put a channel multilink here.

unknown.png

Looking forward to the Pre-Qualifying session tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have enough speed on the day to make the main grid.
Had to double take when you said "tomorrow" with timezones - 6hrs 20 from now.

Had to double take when you said "tomorrow" with timezones - 6hrs 20 from now.

Hahaha. Yeah the joys of living half a world and several timezones away from all the racing leagues. 5:30am my time I'll be booting up the sim and getting a few last minute laps in along with some coffee to wake me up. And it'll get worse with the Summer Time changes when they happen (sometimes it's 3am when i need to be on to race in these leagues.)

Damn, was hoping we could replicate the 20 pages of post race ****-flinging in the thread for throwback weekend, guess not.

PSN ID: Anathema-Kure
Nation: USA
Car Number: #12
Team: Sigma Kure Racing (independent)
Car Model: Peugeot RCZ Gr.4
Primary Sponsor: TBD

Will be running a partial schedule when my other commitments don't conflict.

PSN ID: Anathema-Kure
Nation: USA
Car Number: #12
Team: Sigma Kure Racing (independent)
Car Model: Peugeot RCZ Gr.4
Primary Sponsor: TBD

Will be running a partial schedule when my other commitments don't conflict.

Welcome back.

STEWARDING & RESULTS: SPA

So firstly thanks to the drivers who made ToCA's 10th anniversary one a memorable experience. Also congratulations for the throwback in driving standards at times to GT5, please tidy it up gentleman, we broke the Incident Report count at 51 this weekend. Even if a majority of these aren't judged "severe" still takes time...

Please note that Strikes carry over through the season. Decisions can be appealed within 24 hours of posting through PM.

Qualifying:
Minor Incidents - Roots 1
Warning to Roots for ruining another driver's lap
Warning/Strike Running Count: Warnings - Roots 1

Race 1:
Lap 4 Roots/Liam - Strike Roots
Lap 7 Liam/Roots - Strike Liam Lap 8 Roots/Furi/Liam - Amend finishing order (9 LIA, 10 FUR, 11 RRR) to (9 FUR, 10 ROO, 11 LIA)

Minor Incidents - Fox 1, Ghost 1, Roots 1, Liam 2
Warning to Fox and Ghost for spatial awareness, warning to Liam for blocking.
Second Liam and Roots warnings dealt with by strikes & pos swap
Warning & Strike Count: Strikes - Roots 1, Liam 1 Warnings - Roots 1, Fox 1, Ghost 1, Liam 1

Race 2:
Lap 1 Ghost/Corey - Strike Ghost
Lap 2 Furi/Sam - Strike Furi
Lap 7 DK/Furi - Amend Finishing Order (11 DRK, 12 KOS, 13 FUR) to (11 KOS, 12 FUR, 13 DRK)
Minor Incidents - Fox 1, Furi 1, Nin 1, DK 1 Warnings to Fox, Furi, and Nin for spatial awareness. Warning to DK handled by pos swap.
Warning & Strike Count: Strikes - Roots 1, Liam 1, Ghost 1, Furi 1. Warnings - Roots 1, Fox 2, Ghost 1, Liam 1, Furi 1, Nin 1

Race 3:
Lap 8 Furi - Amend Finishing Order (6 FUR, 7 MOL, 8 RRR), to (6 MOL, 7 RRR, 8 FUR)
Minor Incidents - Nin 2, Furi 3, Connor 1, Yera 1, Mole 1 Warning to Nin, Furi for blocking Warning to Furi, Connor, Yera, and Mole for spatial awareness. Warning to Nin for corner cut. Third warning to Furi handled by pos. swap.
Warning & Strike Count: Strikes - Roots 1, Liam 1, Ghost 1, Furi 1 Warnings - Roots 1, Fox 2, Ghost 1, Liam 1, Furi 3 (becomes strike), Nin 3 (becomes strike), Connor 1, Yera 1, Mole 1 Final Strike Count: Roots 1, Liam 1, Ghost 1, Furi 2, Nin 1. FUR triggered a 2pt Overall Pts Penalty by having a total of 2 strikes.

Season Strike Count: FUR 2, GHO 1, LIA 1, NIN 1, RRR 1.

EDIT: @RedPartyhat Strike - because we can.

OVERALL TABLE:
Believe it is the first weekend without an ECM race win since Blue Moon Bay in Season 15, and the first weekend where an ECM driver has not topped pts after since Nurburgring Season 13.

Success ballast now applies on the table as well - Championship top 4 will carry amount of ballast shown for both Qualifying and Race #1.
unknown.png

INDEPENDENTS CHAMPIONSHIP:
Three seperate winners in Independents at Spa as Ninners edge out in front.
unknown.png

MANUFACTURER-TEAMS CHAMPIONSHIP:
ECM lead, a familiar story, but the chasing pack are not that far off.
unknown.png

BOP Update:
Toyota 1% weight break - see graphic below.
unknown.png

Brands Hatch Indy this weekend.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back