FRL ~ ToCA18 ~ CONGRATULATIONS TO NINNERS - CHAMPION!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 90 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
~CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF TOURING CAR ACTION~

~FRL DISCORD~

50jo3q.gif

Back in 2011 the FRL began with a high-pace, close-quarters touring car league known as ToCA. 10 years on we're back for an unprecedented 18th season of action on Gran Turismo Sport! 8 weeks and 24 action packed races, join us for ToCA18.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
Week 1 also a retro round, encouraging throwback liveries. Can't wait for this one :D

So you guys race Saturday nights UK time?
Yes, Q1 19:00 GMT / BST (when we switch over) and races 19:30-21:00 approx.

Current entry list to be updated and released tomorrow but at moment car spaces full for Audi/Hyundai/Toyota with Peugeot/VW spots open still. Peugeot/VW also have room for a full manufacturer team.

Last edited:
Sounds good. Put me down for an Independent VW, as I know I'll miss both Brands Indy and Red Bull Ring due to a clash with another series.
Alright. Got your # / Team Name? Running Independent or attempting to form a team?

I'll run as an Independent. However if someone wants to team with me I'm open to running a 2 car operation.

As for car number and team. 13 for me and the team is Raptor Race Engineering (with a team sponsor to be announced).

Ghost and myself are teaming up under the Racefox Motorsport banner using the Peugeot

Right, didn't see that coming...

I'll run as an Independent. However if someone wants to team with me I'm open to running a 2 car operation.

As for car number and team. 13 for me and the team is Raptor Race Engineering (with a team sponsor to be announced).

Updated, if you wish to form a team (even temporarily) let me know, VW is currently only open manufacturer to new drivers with Fox announcement. However I am also aware someone else has said they go VW, so it's like dominos at the moment...

EDIT VW manufacturer slot has been taken by ECM.

Last edited:
Update after an exchange of PM's - all Manufacturer spots are either taken or unavailable as of now.

First entry list and BoP update tomorrow.

Discord link added to OP.

Last edited:
Okay so here is the Entry List (V1) so far after a very busy couple days.

unknown.png

Round #1 Lock-ins
The first twelve drivers are the Round #1 lock-ins who will not need to pre-qualify, based on the following:

Lock-ins for Round #1 are sorted by the following criteria in this order:
~First four registered Manufacturer-Teams and their two registered Manufactured-Teams cars. (8 drivers)
~Series Champion(s) (if they have not already been picked up by a Manufacturer-Team)
~ Independents - in order of Championship finishing order to fill out to 12th position.

Ninners - Champions Provisional, auto-locked entry.
Lancer/Cnd - 1st confirmed Manufacturer Team (East Coast Motorsports)
Furi/Rob - 2nd confirmed Manufacturer Team (Furi AutoSports)
Fox/Timmy - 3rd confirmed Manufacturer Team (Racefox Motorsport)
Roots/Yera - 4th confirmed Manufacturer Team (Team Lexar)
Kosmic - Highest place remaining driver
Panoz - Highest place remaining driver
DK - Highest place remaining driver

Just a note from Week #2 onwards - pre-qualifying defaults to drivers outside Top 12 in points.

Registered Manufacturer-Constructors
Manufacturer-Constructors are allowed to run 3 cars with one registered as an Independent. Number of cars shown is in brackets at the end.

East Coast Motorsports - Volkswagen (was Hyundai) (3)
Furi AutoSports - Audi (was Volkswagen) (3)
RaceFox Motorsport - Peugeot (new entry) (2)
Team Lexar - Hyundai (new entry) (2)

Remaining Available Cars
All of these cars are available for the Independents Championship - of course providing there is enough available, Independents are free to Team themselves up but they will not score Team points. @Raptor013

Audi (x1)
Hyundai (x1)
Peugeot (x2)

BoP Adjustment
Final BoP changes. These are expected to stand for first three weeks of the season minimum. Thanks to @LancerEvo7 for the BoP work.

(Car / Power % / Weight %)
Audi ~ Unchanged (103/107)
Hyundai ~ +2% power / +1% weight (100/105)
Peugeot ~ +2% weight (98/91)
Toyota ~ +2% weight (103-118)
Volkswagen ~ Unchanged (95-110)

Test lobby will be running tonight from 19:30 GMT, I will be absent for the majority of the evening (likely until approximately 21:30) but will keep the lobby open.

Principal test track tonight - Autopolis.

In 1980, CSX Transportation was created, a merger of two railroad conglomerates, the Chessie System, made up of the Baltimore & Ohio, Chesapeake & Ohio, and Western Maryland Railroads...

20210303153329.jpg

20210303153550.jpg

...and the Seaboard System, made up of several small railroads, most notably the Seaboard Coast Line.

20210303153557.jpg

20210303153605.jpg

Both systems maintained their own identities within the new holding company until 1986, at which time the three Chessie railroads were merged together, then into the Seaboard to create CSX as it is known today. Soon after, the first CSX-liveried units began hitting the rails.

20210303153612.jpg
20210303153620.jpg

And here are our full-season liveries. In the spirit of ToCA's 10th anniversary season, and CSX's 35th anniversary as an operating railroad, our independent car driven by @Andil will run the original CSX scheme for the full season.

20210304202018.jpg
20210304202027.jpg

He'll share the track with the two team cars, driven by myself and @cnd01 and sporting CSX's modern colors.

20210303142925.jpg
20210303142934.jpg

Hello everybody! So important news...

Firstly I've taken the decision to move "Media Night" (the pre-season test and photos) to TOMORROW instead of next friday night. I feel it would be more beneficial primarily for american drivers who might not be able to make a friday afternoon their time. Media Night format will be as follows, with times in GMT: 19:00 - Test #1 - Blue Moon Bay 20:00 - Group photoshoot - I would like to get some pictures of all the cars along the front straight on the apron as well as the traditional tracking shots around the track, will put more about that tomorrow 20:15 (approx) - Test #2 - The new track of Red Bull Ring for 60 minutes to round off the evening. Please inform me if you can make it for the session as there is 16 lobby spaces and as of now 20 sign-ups. I know Raptor won't be making it, but myself, Rob are 100% in and Liam is a 50-50.

Thanks to @wants to go to the lobby for informing me that US clocks change soon - please note week #2 and Week #3 will be 1 hour LATER for US drivers.

BoP has been updated on GTP thread - and is now locked. Unless Stewards see need to make an Emergency Adjustment - the BoP shown will be the BoP for Weeks 1-3 (after which it will be reviewed).

Added Racing Hard Tyres to car specs (missing tyres from the car spec sheets)

Updated the OP graphic with a number of new images from the GT5 and GTS ToCA seasons. If anyone wants any the individual slide(s), feel free to ask me for them.

Updated entry list:

unknown.png

@ToCA18 Just an update for tonight's shoot - if we can have teams using either there full season livery or if it's not ready there testing livery.
Photoshoot, thinking kind of WSC-Classic Le Mans Style - with the Team cars at front along the apron, followed by Independents, if we can get a fairly consistent spread between them all for pctures (maybe by manufacturer for the non-works backed Independent entries?)
Order for the Manufacturer Teams at front
1) ECM-VW
2) FAS-Audi
3) Lexar-Hyundai
4) RaceFox-Peugeot.
Hopefully see majority of you there tonight.

So we've had a few test sessions going, most activity been on the discord.... still couple places open for the weekend.

Updated BoP for the Toyota - granted a change after further testing. Car has 2% more power after testing.
unknown.png

In-game track condition times.
unknown.png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back