FTO LM Edition

• Thread starter smax
  • 28 comments
Hey there,
i played GT1 years ago and started it yesterday again, and i'm a real lazy guy and want to get the FTO LM Black back, as fast as possible, but i cant remember which race i have to win to get it.
Hope someone could help me

Greets smax

US vs Japan cup. You will need an A class lisence and a decently fast car. The competition includes a Impreza Rally edition so you will need a Special model (LM) or a well tuned/or race modified car.

You arent guranteed getting the black one though. There is also a green FTO and a viper GTSR as a prize so your chances are 1/4, you may have to do it a few times.

I think, in these country vs country races, it also depends on what car you use as to what car you get. For example in the US vs Japan, as Sagaris said you win either the Viper or the FTO, to win the Viper you need to win the championship with a Japanese car, meaning to win the FTO you need to win the championship with an American car.

I think, in these country vs country races, it also depends on what car you use as to what car you get.

Nope. In the GT series a random prize car has always been random.

Wasn't the FTO LM a "Golds" prize???

It was sooooo long ago now but I in GT I got Golds before starting anything, then used the FTO to win the Grand Valley 300 in my first race in GT...

Famine
Nope. In the GT series a random prize car has always been random.
Well in this case with these 3 championships (US vs Japan, UK vs Japan and UK vs US) I have to say no it is NOT random.

I have an old copy of GT1 and an old save on my Memory Card so was able to test this straight away. Before I made my post above I did the US vs Japan Championship twice, once with the Viper GTS-R (the one you win in this championship) and once with the FTO (which is also won in this championship) and got the result I expected, I got a FTO for winning with the Viper and a Viper for winning with the FTO. After reading your post I did some more testing, this time I ran the Viper GTS-R through the championship 3 times and then went through it 1 time with a Black Castrol Supra GT LM and as expected won 3 FTOs with the Viper and 1 Viper with the Supra.

From memory it works the same for both the UK vs Japan and UK vs US championships aswell.

Well in this case with these 3 championships (US vs Japan, UK vs Japan and UK vs US) I have to say no it is NOT random.

I have an old copy of GT1 and an old save on my Memory Card so was able to test this straight away. Before I made my post above I did the US vs Japan Championship twice, once with the Viper GTS-R (the one you win in this championship) and once with the FTO (which is also won in this championship) and got the result I expected, I got a FTO for winning with the Viper and a Viper for winning with the FTO. After reading your post I did some more testing, this time I ran the Viper GTS-R through the championship 3 times and then went through it 1 time with a Black Castrol Supra GT LM and as expected won 3 FTOs with the Viper and 1 Viper with the Supra.

From memory it works the same for both the UK vs Japan and UK vs US championships aswell.

Please return when you've done 200 iterations with each vehicle.

Wasn't the FTO LM a "Golds" prize???

It was sooooo long ago now but I in GT I got Golds before starting anything, then used the FTO to win the Grand Valley 300 in my first race in GT...
The FTO LM is an all-gold prize car for the I-A license in GT2.

As Famine said, it is random. I've won countless FTOs in both American and Japanese cars, the same goes for Vipers. These non random prize car theories have been teested to death, and theres never been a proven way to gaurentee ewhich car you'll win when multiple cars are avaialble.

Would 20 times satisfy anyone? I'll do it 20 times in a row with the same car, i'll use the Viper GTS road car with Race Modifcation body, sound good?

Sure, but I have no idea how you plan to prove it. The fact as far as I'm personally concerned is I've won both with both Japanese and American cars.

Are you PAL or NTSC?

Please know that I have no interest in lying about this! I will do the US vs Japan race with the Viper GTS 20 times or until I win a Viper GTS-R. If I do win a Viper I will come back without hesitation and say "Ok I was wrong", but if I dont win a Viper you are right live4speed, I wont be able to prove it to anyone (particularly if you say you won an FTO with a Japanese car) but if it does turn out this way then 20 times is enough to convince me and knowing it myself is good enough for me.

PAL, I don't think your lying though, I just think you've come to the wrong conclusion. But yeah, if you do turn out to be right, and you've proven it to yourself, what more do you need to prove when you probably don't have the means to prove it to people half way round the world from you in the first place.

Ok, I went and did the race as I said I would and guess what happened? I got a Viper on the first run I did :lol: I couldnt beleive it, i've thought you could only win the car you wanted with a certain car for these races for about as long as i've played GT1, so this was a complete surprise to me! Anyway, OK, I was wrong, lol, sorry! :D

Ok, I went and did the race as I said I would and guess what happened? I got a Viper on the first run I did :lol: I couldnt beleive it, i've thought you could only win the car you wanted with a certain car for these races for about as long as i've played GT1, so this was a complete surprise to me! Anyway, OK, I was wrong, lol, sorry! :D

:lol:

Don't worry about it. You just did science.

Oh well. Since this forum seems dead^H^H^H^Hquiescent, I'll tell you all about the RPM instruction. This is a variant of the more usually-cited machine code instruction Read Programmer's Mind. Rather, this is Read Player's Mind. Actually more fiendishly powerful.

It's clearly evident that GT1 makes extensive use of that instruction when awarding prize-cars. The more you want a car, the less likely it is to award it to you. And I think it's capable of handling double-think, so it's difficult to fool. No, you can't just pretend you really want another white Viper with blue stripes, and thereby avoid it. The game can read your true desires more thoroughly than that! :D

Hey there,
i played GT1 years ago and started it yesterday again, and i'm a real lazy guy and want to get the FTO LM Black back, as fast as possible, but i cant remember which race i have to win to get it.
Hope someone could help me

Greets smax

I could be wrong, but if this is GT1, then your talking about the GTO, but since you mention the FTO, that would be GT3(or GT4).

I could be wrong, but if this is GT1, then your talking about the GTO, but since you mention the FTO, that would be GT3(or GT4).
In GT1 the FTO LM was, according to many people's observations, the rarer of the two prizes awarded for winning the USvsJP series. It was a fictional 4WD super-car, somewhat in JGTC style. There were also numerous models of Mitsubishi FTO available for purchase, new and used, at the dealer. They were some of the best front-wheel-drive and lightweight cars.

In GT1 the FTO LM was, according to many people's observations, the rarer of the two prizes awarded for winning the USvsJP series. It was a fictional 4WD super-car, somewhat in JGTC style. There were also numerous models of Mitsubishi FTO available for purchase, new and used, at the dealer. They were some of the best front-wheel-drive and lightweight cars.

are you sure thats not the GTO because I have all the prize cars from GT1 and I have seen no FTO LM Edition.

are you sure thats not the GTO because I have all the prize cars from GT1 and I have seen no FTO LM Edition.
He's very sure... the GTO LM isn't a prize car, it can be bought from the dealer for 500.000 Cr and if you haven't seen an FTO LM Edition, you simply don't have all the prize cars. ;)

- R -

He's very sure... the GTO LM isn't a prize car, it can be bought from the dealer for 500.000 Cr and if you haven't seen an FTO LM Edition, you simply don't have all the prize cars. ;)

- R -

maybe. okay then, I guess I'll try to win that.

He's very, very sure. I had the FTO LM in both green and black in GT1, and both colours in GT2 as well.

- R -
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2000-11-21.html actually demonstrates that the game has the FTO LM Edition as a prize for the USvsJP series.

It also demonstrates that there are only 5 manufacturers competing in that event (Subaru, Nissan, Dodge, Chevrolet and Mitsubishi). Since the game apparently tries to maximize the number of manufacturers represented in the field, and Subaru has only one possible entrant (the Impreza Rally Car) that's why that car always appears in the field for that series. (In the North American versions, anyway).

I have heard rumours that the rare prizes were very much rarer in the earlier versions of GT1 in North America. (There were two major versions, software(gameshark)-wise). The ectoplasm green Silvia LM (All-Night I Enduro) was thought to be only a "theoretical" prize, and I believe I heard of someone having a lot of difficulty winning at least the green FTO LM Edition. (I think they did get the black one, however, although with some rareness).

And in GT3 - in seven different colours - and GT4 (though under the name "FTO Super Touring Car").

well I know its in GT3 because I remember when I first saw it, it reminded me of the Taeivon Trampio FTO from GT2 and i know its in GT4 because I'm racing it right now:) I just didn't know it was in GT1 and GT2.

Back