Fuji 1000km Endurance Race

• Thread starter Old Man
  • 19 comments
Used my B-spec driver to complete the Fuji 1000km last night. This was the first time I have let him drive an entire race. Previously, I had shared driving responsibilities with him to complete El Capitan 200.

He drove the Toyota 88C-V Race Car (Minolta) with Stage 4 turbo on racing super hard tires with everything else on default settings. I set B-spec on level 5 and overtake nearly the whole time. He pitted on average every 16 laps. I adjusted fuel level to 64 or 65 so he was pretty near empty when he came in.

He finished 1 lap up on the Mercedes-Benz C9 Race Car (Sauber) and Nissan R92CP Race Car, and several laps up on the Nissan R89C Race Car and both Pescarolo Race Cars. He only got 1 lap up on the C9 and R92CP near the end of the race. A lot of the time, both of these cars were only 2.5 to 5 seconds behind.

On the whole, I am very pleased with my B-spec driver's performance. I never saw him put a wheel wrong--though I tried to keep B-spec set on 3X speed most of the time--and he drove better than I can on badly worn tires.

Unfortunately, he finished so late last night that I have not had the chance to try out the Nissan R92CP he won for me! :ill:

Kool!!! GREAT Write-up. 👍
I B-Spec-ed this race as well with the "Black" 787B but forgot to record the "Facts."
I'm running the Suzuka 1000kms right now with the same Opel Astra I've used probably twenty times at the German Touring Car Championship. He's just past the five hour mark with barely a lap lead on four of 'em & a two lap lead over the "Stragler." I've left it on "3" nearly the whole time (Running at 3x while I work on my Income Taxes) & he seems to be doing quite well. Best Lap of 2'01.964 & going about 18 Laps between Pits...O.G. :D

I did the Fuji 1000km with a tuned R8, set it to 3 and overtake, and went to bed.
When I woke up and turn on tv, my b spec driver had won........by less than a second over the Sauber !!!
I don't know how this race finished, but I was happy to not be the second......

As for the R92, it's really good, very fast, quite brutal in acceleration, I like it. Enjoy this beast.

Regards,

Snypa

2005mustang
I wonder, do you think the R92CP is better or worse compared with the 787B?
Which is the better buy? ?

Can't buy the R92CP, I believe. You can only win it in this race.

The 787B is a fine Le Mans car, but there are better. The 3,500,000 for the 787B is about right compared to the 4,500,000 cars (except for the pitiful Panoz, which is some kind of sick joke on PDs part).

I bought the 787B, and as soon as I stop staring at it I will enter it in the
Fuji Endurance. Than I can compare it with the r92cp :scared:

2005mustang

I bought the 787B, and as soon as I stop staring at it I will enter it in the
Fuji Endurance. Than I can compare it with the r92cp :scared:

Before you put a mile on the 787B, buy the "Increase Rigidity" option for it (tune shop, "Other"). The added stiffness definitely helps on all the Le Mans race cars.

Just started the Fuji with my black 787b in B-Spec. It has super-hard on back and
medium on front. At first i put him at 4 and 0vertake. Had no trouble except with the Sauber :crazy: It has a Stage4 turbo and Nitrious. Im taking no chances... :irked:

-Now he is putting distance between them.

-He's about 3000 feet past the Sauber. Im setting him at three...Yikes! The front tires are at yellow and back at light green! I should have given the back hard not super-hard. Oh well

-Oh my god red on front yellow in rear! I took him to pit on lap 16 at about 6000 ft ahead. This time super-hard all over.(I dont own hard tires :dunce: )

- Now he is only 3000 ft ahead. Setting him on 4 for a while. Sorry quick question-
Never mind I'll search it later.
No need to clutter up threads :indiff:

-Lap 24-AAAHHH!!! sauber is only 2000 ft behind what do i doo!!

-1000 ft! :scared:

Next time I'll use medium tires :grumpy:

-Whew.. Lap... 30? anyway, the others pitted and i dont have to. I am 9000
ft past the sauber. This sure is stressful...

At lap 36 I pitted. I as running out of fuel you see. :indiff:

Im at lap 48 now. It is a long race. Ill keep you posted as to how it comes out

{UPDATE/EDIT} I'm on lap 160 now. The tables have turned! 👍 I am beating the next car by 2 laps! Also the next car isn't the Sauber, it's the Nissan R92CP! :cheers: If it can beat the Sauber by a couple thousand feet, it must be a pretty great car. :mischievous: I think that I will enjoy driving it.

Now on lap 166.
Lap 196... The r92cp is about 7,000 ft past the Sauber C9 Race Car.

IM DONE!!!!
I have beaten the R92CP by 3 laps. I've got 750,000 dollars and I
GOT FIRST PLACE AND AN AWESOME R92CP!!!!! :) :)

..SO TIRED....
ILL DECIDE IF I WANNA KEEP THE R92CP LATER.... :scared:
But I did drive it a little on Laguna Seca. I must admit I didn't see
anything special but I wonder how it is in comparison with other cars. :guilty:

For the minolta, when its fully tuned unless you have TCS on really high the back tires always wear quicker than the front. After messing around for a while I found you could run MEDIUMS at the front and superhards at the back and have the tires wear evenly and in the same number of laps as having super-hards all around.

I was wondering if there's any chance that i'll win this race with the suzuki escudo 1080 HP ....

Or am i dreaming :). Because i want to get the Nissan beast, and i don't have enough money to buy a 4M+ car ... so anyone finished it with something like or less than the escudo ?!

I used Toyota 88C-V Race Car (Minolta) with Stage 4 turbo on racing super hard tires back and hard front...... won the race 4 laps ahead of 2nd place...... I had medium pace on the whole race..... :D

TMThEMaN
I was wondering if there's any chance that i'll win this race with the suzuki escudo 1080 HP ....

Or am i dreaming :). Because i want to get the Nissan beast, and i don't have enough money to buy a 4M+ car ... so anyone finished it with something like or less than the escudo ?!

I have 692 cars, and I hardly drive the Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car that much...
I haven't driven yet to see it's handling, but if it has the same handling like it did in
Gran Turismo 3 it WON'T win...But, you can try anyways!! 👍

ROCK ON!!!

L28eT

I A-specced the Fuji 621.38 mile ( :sly: ) race with an AMG CLK Merc! I was up against an R92CP, a C5-R, a Pescarolo 04, an R89CP thingy and an Audi R8. I won by 1.5 laps and it was one of the hardest races that I had ever done! I raced the AMG stock with hard fronts and super hard rears and because of the fact that the other decent LMP cars could brake about 50m later than me on the straights, I had to drive on the inside line when they were behind me! :grumpy:. I've never driven a race with so much chance of losing after 5 hours!

not to be mean or anything but with a stage 4 turbo you should have won by more than a lap, with my stock minolta on r2 tires and set to 3 and over take i won by a lap..... 💡 against a sauber c9 and the other sauber race car a 787b and an R8. I find it more interesting to play without the overwhelming horsepower, it makes the game boring to just blow everyone out with a 2000 HP minolta, right now i'm doing the tsukuba 9 horu race with a 274 hp silvia spec s aero, its a nice close fastest time by AI driver is 1:03.871.

Alot of you are leaving it on steady but, I leave it on fast(4). If you're in a LM car they handle alotr better than normal cars and, just wait till you do the Nurburgring 24h and win the F1 car! 👍

Back