Full control for the safety cars warning lights.

Finland
Finland
Revamping the whole post in hopes that PoDi gets things right in GT7.

So far Gran Turismo series has had safety cars since GT4, starting with the legendary R34 Skyline GT-R safety car.

After that we were introduced to a new BMW M4 safety car in GT6.

And in GT Sport we have got a record amount of 6 safety cars. Three in the beginning and three more with later update.

The original R34 Skyline GT-R safety car.

BMW M4 safety car (based on MotoGP safety car).

Another BMW M4 safety car (based on DTM safety car)

R35 GT-R safety car.

Mercedes-Benz AMG GT safety car (based on the F1 safety car)

Dodge Charger Hellcat safety car (based on American police cars)

Toyota Crown safety car (based on a Japanese police cars).

Renault Megane safety car (based on French police cars)

All of these vehicles have one common feature, or lack thereof, that connects them.

None them have the ability to turn off the warning lights when players are using them.

Starting since GT5 (4?) us players have had control over the lighting on our vehicles during driving. Starting with the low beams/high beams and from GT Sport onwards, turn signals and hazard lights. We can even flash the headlights of all cars in GT Sport.

But we have never given button/function to control the warning lights on safety cars.

The R34 Skyline had an almost identical twin without the warning lights made available to the players at first, before the safety car became available.

And the M4 in GT6 had the option to add/remove the lightbar and front bumber flashers in GTAuto, but these are not the options I want in GT7.

I want PD to finally address this lack of detail and give us players the option to control the lights in GT7.

In GT Sport we have a separate functions to flash our headlights, to flash/toggle low/high beams and to toggle low/high beams.

My proposition is that the flash/toggle lights function is taken out from the game and is replaced with a warning lights function.

That should work on all the safety cars the game has and affect all warning lights on the given car, be it just a lightbar on the roof or lightbar + front/rear flashers.

And the default state of the lights should always be off, until player activates them with a button.

The turn signals and hazard lights in GT Sport already work like mentioned above, i.e they are not blinking/flashing when player loads up to the pit and only activate if player chooses so.

And its not like PD is aware that the lights can be turned on or off, since the lights are turned off in Scapes and they have a separate option to turn them on for pictures.

I don't know if this is going to affect anything concerning GT7, but I hope someone at PD would notice this and hopefully implement it into the game if its not available from the get go.

Last edited:
Also please give all the safety cars the option to select the colour of the lightbar like the Toyota and Renault have. Red and blue versions for the Toyota and yellow/amber and blue for the Renault.

Last edited:
or an option to remove the light bar in the case of the amg gt, it looks better than the other amg gts in the dealership.

Back