Full FIA-Certified GT Sport Nations Cup Schedule Revealed: Round 1 Starts March 23

Excluding Quebec ? Seriously PD why excluding Quebec and Arizona ? Completely Ridiculous

Don't blame PD, blame the big bad gov
Why Are So Many Competitions Void in Quebec?
Quebec's Sweepstakes Law's Effect on Whether Residents Can Enter to Win
porte-st-louis-wall-quebec-city-614216579-574ffb3e5f9b5892e87053ec.jpg

•••
BY SANDRA GRAUSCHOPF

Updated December 26, 2018
Canadian sweepstakes say in their rules that they are void in Quebec, which means that residents of the province are not allowed to enter.

Almost a third of the population of Canada lives in Quebec, so companies have a powerful motivation for wanting to include them in their marketing campaigns. Why don't sweepstakes sponsors want residents of Quebec to enter?

Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (RACJ), which governs alcohol, lotteries, contests, gambling, and more.

Quebec's sweepstakes laws are designed to protect its residents from scammers and to ensure that prizes are awarded as promised. However, those consumer protections cost sweepstakes sponsors money and resources, and the consequences for running afoul of them, whether on purpose or by mistake, are severe.

For example, in order for sweepstakes with prizes worth more than a certain value to be open to residents of Quebec, the companies sponsoring the sweepstakes must take some or all of the following steps:

• Register the sweepstakes rules and all advertisements used to promote the contest with the Quebec government at least 30 days ahead of the sweepstakes' launch.
  • Publish the full text of the sweepstakes' rules at least 10 days before the giveaway begins.
  • Pay a fee of up to 10% of the sweepstakes' value, depending on who is allowed to enter.
  • Agree to allow the government of Quebec to mediate any lawsuits arising from the contest.
  • Follow strict guidelines about the contents of the sweepstakes rules.
  • Allow the government of Quebec the right to approve any changes to the giveaway that need to be made once it has started, and to approve canceling the giveaway if it becomes necessary to do so.

• File a written report after the contest has concluded, attesting that the prizes have been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
  • Agree to let the RACJ mediate any disagreements with the public.
  • File security in the amount of the prize value, to ensure that the prizes are actually awarded.
  • Follow a number of other rules and guidelines listed under Quebec's Sweepstakes Laws.

These requirements are more difficult to follow than those of other Canadian provinces as well as most areas of the United States. Imagine the cost for a company based in Florida to litigate disputes about their giveaway in Quebec, for example. A small company might not be able to justify those costs versus the additional exposure in Quebec.

In addition, not following the law to the letter could result in hefty fines or even criminal charges. Especially for smaller companies with a limited budget and a small (or non-existent) legal team, the advantages of allowing residents of Quebec to enter are outweighed by the potential downfalls. Rather than risking fines or legal action if these sweepstakes laws are not followed to the letter, many sponsors take the easier route of making their contests and sweepstakes void in Quebec.

read sweepstakes' rules to ensure that you're eligible to enter. Otherwise, you could be wasting valuable time on giveaways that you can't win.

If you are a resident of Quebec and don't like these restrictions, the RACJ does have a website where you can register comments and inquiries.

I suppose PD could follow the laundry list of regulations, but I can't blame them for not, It seems excessive.

Last edited:
Get your facts straight:

https://www.thescoreesports.com/new...-big-win-in-the-fight-to-end-player-exclusion

We’ve been in contact with our eSports federation for months. They’ve reached out to the organizers and nothing has happened.

I stand corrected. So for just a little over two years that hasn't been the case. Only the decades before.

That does through a wrench into figuring out why, though. I wonder if it has to do with any other laws then, or perhaps the lack of a quoted prize purse is actually a stumbling block for the FIAGTC. Very strange.

Im gonna quote my 2 cents about this new system, posted on the FIA thread:

If this new format really confirms to be accurate, well, it's the end of any chances of going to world tours for me, at least on Nations cup.

3 spots for the whole latin american region (have in mind that the last 2 Nations Cup winners are from here, so that's 2 spots sorted, we will all be fighting virtually for one single spot).

I don't know why PD changed to this system. It will restrict participation of live events to only the top top tier drivers. There won't be too much variation for the drivers featuring the lan events. This will, undoubtedly, make players to lose interest on this cup.

The great thing about the regionals was that it gave chances to some that aren't yet at the top level to have a go in live events. In the end, the top tier drivers would still prevail. Now, all the events will have 80-90% of the same drivers.

Let's see how manufacturers will work. Very weird that this isnt openly on the website yet tho.

40 races back to back with no interruption is just madness. You basically have to throw your life away until september if you want a chance to qualify, and they're doing nothing to encourage players and teams to go fully professional (professional = income).

Cash prizes, or promoting the teams / allowing players to wear their own gear and show their sponsors, having 3rd party organized events... With the live events and the powerful livery editor, GT Sport really has a huge potential regarding sponsors visibility, but they don't use that, and teams are complaining about that. Mid-term or long-term, it might cost them a lot of top players.

Cash prizes, or promoting the teams / allowing players to wear their own gear and show their sponsors, having 3rd party organized events... With the live events and the powerful livery editor, GT Sport really has a huge potential regarding sponsors visibility, but they don't use that, and teams are complaining about that. Mid-term or long-term, it might cost them a lot of top players.

That all sounds great, ngl. But I think something to consider is that it feels like GT as a whole is still relatively new to breaking into the eSports realm, as successful as it's been thus far. I get this feeling that GT as an eSports program still has some growth that we could see, especially since it's been alluded to that GT Sport will be a mode within the next GT game.

I also agree that there ought to be more competitions with more prizes, on varying levels (e.g. one for the best drivers of each US state, or championships that replicate older GT campaign events) as well as additions to Sport Mode and Lobbies. For the latter of which, I'm referring to stuff like having more specific rules for available cars, like having an N300 event but being limited to certain drivetrains, model year ranges, or otherwise having a specific hand-picked selection of available cars with a particular motif, and ideally, the players would be able to do this themselves in lobbies.

Other ideas I'd had were tools for livestreaming like the GT live events, as well as a way to have a livery creator send a livery to the player that will be using it, perhaps via an app one can use either on the GTS website or made available via iOS, like the GT6 track editor.

FWIW, it does seem to state on PD's website that they're hiring mobile app developers, so it seems that they do want to improve on the official GT Sport app in one way or another.

40 races back to back with no interruption is just madness. You basically have to throw your life away until september if you want a chance to qualify
Not exactly, no.

After each stage of ten races you can qualify for the corresponding World Tour event. Stage 1 is the Nurburgring, Stage 2 is Hangar-7, Stage 3 is New York and Stage 4 is Tokyo. If you win your World Tour event, you've qualified. That only accounts for a maximum of four people, and we're likely talking the elite - if we don't see Fraga, Hizal and Latkovski taking three of those slots in addition to Rubilar from Paris, I'll be surprised.

The remaining 32 come from their accumulated points from their best 10 races across the whole 40-race season - which could be the first 10, the last 10 or dotted about, although almost certainly four of the 10 will be the superstars races in April, May, July and September - and in some cases a "Country Representative Final", whereby not just the top three in a nation go through automatically, but the three who win from a group of many more drivers at a separate contest.

Nothing wrong with the format but I am with GT-Alex, it is time to allow players to go pro. There has to be an incentive for every event, they need to have bigger venues, sell tickets, get sponsors, have the drivers get sponsors (and thus offload the cost of flying and accommodation for the drivers). Cash prices at this stage is a must, even if just ($£€)50k for first place (which is nothing in esports) that's better than nothing.

It's a bit irritating the way they are handling the whole thing, I could see them pissing away the potential that GT has as an esports.

It's only 40 rounds back to back if you want it to be. With only the best scores counting, both on a per stage basis and for the season, there's little penalty in taking the occasional round off, especially if you can get the three big scores you need early on in a stage. You can even choose to take most of a stage off, as long as you do enough to keep your S rank for the next. Remember, the 10 scores at the end can come from any stage, even if they didn't originally count towards your score for that stage.

Not exactly, no.

After each stage of ten races you can qualify for the corresponding World Tour event. Stage 1 is the Nurburgring, Stage 2 is Hangar-7, Stage 3 is New York and Stage 4 is Tokyo. If you win your World Tour event, you've qualified. That only accounts for a maximum of four people, and we're likely talking the elite - if we don't see Fraga, Hizal and Latkovski taking three of those slots in addition to Rubilar from Paris, I'll be surprised.

The remaining 32 come from their accumulated points from their best 10 races across the whole 40-race season - which could be the first 10, the last 10 or dotted about, although almost certainly four of the 10 will be the superstars races in April, May, July and September - and in some cases a "Country Representative Final", whereby not just the top three in a nation go through automatically, but the three who win from a group of many more drivers at a separate contest.

I'm aware of all that. Still, qualifying in EU might come down to something like 10 points as I said, and with the DR of drivers always fluctuating, the 3 attempts per round and top splits points varying by about 100 points at most with how EU servers are and how competitive the region is, you can't afford to not take every single chance. The Nurburgring World tour might be the only event where you'll be able to qualify with race scores below 3000 points (and even then it's possible than 9 different guys get 3 scores above 3000 already), but after that, I can see how a single score under 3000 among your 10 best results could get you out of top 10 (even after removing people being lower than 2nd in their country). And I can tell you, you're not getting 3000 points without significant practice beforehands when top split is 20 guys shrinked into a 0.5s gap in qualy. Also, being able to enter the top 16 races will be crucial, and depending on what they base the points requirements for those, people who do reasonably well in the 1st one will almost be guaranteed a spot in the other ones, so you'd have to get perfect scores if you miss that specific race or don't finish high enough in it.

The last exhibition season ended up with people having extremely close scores at the top with almost half the results counting, and the end of the season being worth more points due to the new 3 entries system. With that being in effect from the get go, and only a quarter of the results counting at the very end, it can only get closer. There are scenarios where the average score to access live events would be a bit lower, but they're quite unlikely, and even then that would mean the last spots would be down to the wire.

Greetings @Famine and @Jordan,

I would appreciate a word from you now.
We all know there are ineligible countries, right?
There has been no info after the following quote from Sony
“Players may have noticed that some countries are not currently included in the list of participating territories. We are working diligently to solve some legal complications before the official qualifying stage launches in August.”
Yes, they were working hard to make more countries eligible and yes, Italy has atleast been included into the Star player system.

Following this article from 2018, I read:
Others, including Italy, are firmly in the crosshairs for resolution before the important “Final Season”.
But, that important Final Season kicked off and many more important Final Seasons ended.

I understand that there may be different laws for every country (which is obvious of course), but I suppose we should have heard more about this from PD or Sony.

I haven't participated in the last FIA Championships and missed many seasons because of that. Personally, there's no reason doing these 2 Championships if I can't get rewarded for achieving something, while others do.

Also, just one question in this theory.
Let's say I'm DR A+, SR S and Greek too.
I take part in the upcoming FIA season and after round 10 at 27 April I am first either in the Manufacturers or Nations Cup EMEA leaderboard.
Will PD just look at the leaderboards and ignore me during the Nurburgring Finals selection because my country is ineligible?
Wouldn't it be unfair if I finish 1st in my country, manufacturer or whatever and not even get an S rating? (okey 2 questions instead of 1 haha)..

The thing to keep in mind, especially about the gear and/or outside sponsors like other esport teams: this is primarily about marketing for Polyphony and the FIA to draw a broader audience. That's likely why it's all been partners we've already seen in-game (Puma, Thrustmaster, Tag): the main goal is to increase the visibility of those things. In some minds, having a big esport team with prominent liveries in races will draw attention away from the main event.

Same goes with players' own rigs. Not only is that minimizing the visibility of a sponsor, but it's also potentially removing something of PD's itself: the T-GT is the big tie-in hardware piece with GTS. There's also the fairness and reliability angles: it'd be harder for the team to ensure a foreign setup is kosher for the event, and any disconnects or other issues during a race could open up a whole other can of worms. Blue screens still happen from time to time with the current setup — I can't imagine wanting to add complexity to it!

Well... What I did last time was sit out the whole FIA thing as I wasn’t eligible. I didn’t want to ruin someone’s chances by taking points away from them. No point in racing if you know you’re not supposed to. There are plenty of leagues to have fun while PD ignores you.

Get your facts straight:

https://www.thescoreesports.com/new...-big-win-in-the-fight-to-end-player-exclusion

We’ve been in contact with our eSports federation for months. They’ve reached out to the organizers and nothing has happened.

Its simple use a address out of Quebec .

Quebec makes sense. Arizona, though, I don’t understand.
Why Quebec make sens ? To you

I have a other address outside of Quebec , tell your friends to do the same , my driver license are from AB

Last edited by a moderator:
The laws that Quebec has regarding contests are very strict and lengthy, probably more hoops than PD wants to jump through. I'm not aware of any reason that Arizona would be excluded.
We have the same exactly law as Australian , 1/3 of Canadian are from Quebec and i just done my homework and it is now on PD side its discrimination and illegal

Back