Full FIA-Certified GT Sport Nations Cup Schedule Revealed: Round 1 Starts March 23

South Africa missing out again too and it certainly is not the laws of the country as there's more Lotto's, sweepstakes and alike around here than most other countries. My guess is that our government simply did not bother to respond to PD's "invite" [as they do with many other things], so we will once again just remain spectators. :(

The thing to keep in mind, especially about the gear and/or outside sponsors like other esport teams: this is primarily about marketing for Polyphony and the FIA to draw a broader audience. That's likely why it's all been partners we've already seen in-game (Puma, Thrustmaster, Tag): the main goal is to increase the visibility of those things. In some minds, having a big esport team with prominent liveries in races will draw attention away from the main event.

Same goes with players' own rigs. Not only is that minimizing the visibility of a sponsor, but it's also potentially removing something of PD's itself: the T-GT is the big tie-in hardware piece with GTS. There's also the fairness and reliability angles: it'd be harder for the team to ensure a foreign setup is kosher for the event, and any disconnects or other issues during a race could open up a whole other can of worms. Blue screens still happen from time to time with the current setup — I can't imagine wanting to add complexity to it!

When I talk about gear, I'm just thinking about team clothing, really. I'd still expect PoDi to provide the rigs. In fact I don't see how players could just fly to the other side of the world with a full playseat or similar. It's not what matters anyway for the teams, just allow them to show sponsors. Every single e-sports league allows players to wear team gear despite other having already official event sponsors, if PoDi can't allow that because of their partners, then signing them was a bad move in the long run. It's a shame considering the livery editor is such a powerful tool. Also, having finalists running their own liveries might help to improve the racing standards as sponsors may not want to be associated with bad behaviors or see their logos scratched.

I'm not even in a team or sponsored myself and I still find this annoying, imagine how people who actually invest in their players feel about that.

I made a 2019 FIA RACE calendar. We have holidays on later June.

Attachments

• Season.png
    Season.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 59
Also, it’s “The Netherlands” not “Holland”.
Maybe like Canada, Sony is only allowing bits of the Netherlands in?

Although oddly it's written in alphabetical order and "Holland" is where "Netherlands" should be in that list...

Maybe like Canada, Sony is only allowing bits of the Netherlands in?

Although oddly it's written in alphabetical order and "Holland" is where "Netherlands" should be in that list...
As far as I know, those kinds of regulations are the same in the whole country.

their best 10 races across the whole 40-race season - which could be the first 10, the last 10 or dotted about

I trust you're a good source for this. I asked elsewhere and got a different answer.

So basically one could buy the game today, spend the first 3 stages ranking up to A+ for the final stage and all 10 of their best rounds are in the final stage, those 10 would count for the final total? it's not the top 10 of your 12 best from each stage. The top 3 scores from each stage is only to qualify for a live event?

So, as far as my case is concerned,I am greek and finish 1st in those tournaments and be eligible for the World Finals,PD won't select me because of my country?That's completely unfair in my eyes but there could be another reason as to why this is the way it is.Also,I am 16 and will participate just for fun but I want to know the reasons behind Pd's decisions

So, as far as my case is concerned,I am greek and finish 1st in those tournaments and be eligible for the World Finals,PD won't select me because of my country?That's completely unfair in my eyes but there could be another reason as to why this is the way it is.Also,I am 16 and will participate just for fun but I want to know the reasons behind Pd's decisions

It is Sony, not PD.

A guy from PD talked to me about this - and it was something to do with either them having to guarantee a prize for that particular region in order for it to enter (eg what happened with Italy and the person winning a PS4 for qualifying when nobody else did), and also i think the government wants a bunch of $ either through administration or otherwise that turns them off. But this is just my memory from a chat 6 months ago about it.

Are they taking their sweet time to announce the details for Season 1 or what... Starting on Saturday, I would love to start actual practice tonight...

And NOTHING yet on Manufacturer‘s... ok, there‘s that „Draft Series“ concept I heard about, but since that only changes the game for top players, I‘m amazed that Manu so far is labeled „TBD“. :confused: PD all over again...

Round 4 is listed as TBA.
Possibility of a new track in the March 28 update?

Predictions: It could be either another track on the Super Formula calendar (Twin Ring Motegi, Okayama, Sportsland SUGO), or WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca as the California 8 Hours will be taking place days after the update is released.

Quebec alow eSports competition without regulation since 2016 excluding Quebec is unjustified since plz PD work on it

Quebec does allow E-Sports events to be done, however in this specific case the problem is that in order for PD/Sony/Gran Turismo to include players from Quebec, they would have to give the Quebec Government full control over their judiciary disputes/claims for a period of 6 months prior, and after the said contest, which major companies would simply not do.

Also, the Quebec Government would need to agree with the presence of every competitor in the competition, as well as have the final say in any change to the competition, competitors, and prizes.

All and all, is it possible for PD/Gran Turismo/Sony to have Quebec participate in these contests, Yes, is it worth their time and patience, no, unfortunately not.

And all that is before mentionning that the Province also needs to collect the tax on each prizes, even if won by competitors outside of Quebec, and have a flat fee of around 10% of the prize pool.

Basically Quebec made it easy for E-Sports events to happen in Quebec, if, and only if they originate from Quebec, stay in Quebec, and have nothing to do with anyone else.

Up there are a few of the MANY reasons why I moved out of that province.

Round 4 is listed as TBA.
Possibility of a new track in the March 28 update?

Predictions: It could be either another track on the Super Formula calendar (Twin Ring Motegi, Okayama, Sportsland SUGO), or WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca as the California 8 Hours will be taking place days after the update is released.

Nope, Autopolis is the track, the vehicle category is TBA. So SF, I‘m pretty sure.

It does remain that the province makes it EXTREMELY difficult, and Expensive for Businesses from outside Quebec to make contests accepting citizens of the province. Some may say it is to protect their citizens from fraud etc, some may say it is a form of elected dictatorship, but the end result is it being extremely unfortunate for citizens, but simply too expensive and difficult to be worth the effort for businesses.

Back