(Full) MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series - Racing Feb 1st

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Rinsky, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

GR.3 February
    1st

Blue Moon Bay Oval
    Class Gr.3
    1.5 hour endurance race
    10 minute in game qualifying session
    Track: Blue Moon Bay Oval Forward layout
    Track Time: 13:00 Fine Weather
    Fastest First set by host
    Class BOP on with No Tuning.
    Everyone must run their Manufacturer
    Race Medium / Race Softs
    Fuel X1 & Tire wear X5
    No assist but ABS
    TC on for Gr.3 class only
    >
    Damage on Heavy<
    Boost Off
    Slipstream Real
    Track grip set to Real
    Penalties set on Strong
    No wall penalties with Heavy Damage
    Auto Drive off
    Caution flags on
    Ghosting off
    Lap Cars Ghosted Off
    Standing Starts with False Starts Gr.3 class only

Qualifying Settings for Blue Moon Bay Oval Forward layout

Qualifying is 10 minutes
    Qualifying tire wear for Gr.3 is x8
    Qualifying fuel rate is same as race
    Qualifying end delay is set at 30sec
    You only have 30 seconds to finish the lap your on after the 10 minute clock is up.
    Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
    The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.

Everyone must be in their cars and ready to go at 7:20pm because once qualifying is started you will not be able to join in the lobby anymore.

Qualifying Rules

GTS now offers in game qualifying but there are still some rules that need to be applied on top of that for our Series.

1. No Pitting -
    Under no circumstance will anyone be allowed to pit during the 10 minute qualifier. This includes for damage or tires.

2. OutLap -
    Fuel Burning or Tire Saving must only be done under the OutLap.
    You must be up to race speed at the end of your OutLap and then for the remainder of your qualifying session. Anyone not able to keep race speeds can pull off the track and sit in their cars until qualifying is over. Do not leave your car.

3. Do not leave your car -
    Starting the qualifying session is the same as starting the race and if for any reason you leave the track or your car the game will not let you rejoin. After qualifying is over it automatically goes straight into the race.
    Game will not let anyone join in once the qualifying session has started.

Welcome to the 2020 MSN (Monthly Saturday Night) 1.5hr Manufacturers Endurance Race Series Championship.
    We schedule our races on the first Saturday of every month so its easy to remember on your calendar.

The 2020 Season will mark our 3rd Year on GTSport and I'm excited to announce we will be doing a Manufacturers Endurance Series this year using both the Gr.3 & Gr.4 classes while racing them in alternating months.

There will be a limit of 3 put on each Manufacturer for use. Once that limit is reached then that Manufacturer will no longer be available.
    Once you have chosen your Manufacturer you are then required to stay with that Manufacturer for the entire season/year. Anytime you sign up to race through the season you must use your selected Manufacturer.
    Some Manufacturers have more than two cars and you can use any car under the Manufacturer that you have chosen.

Championship Point Payouts

This year we are running our first Championship Point System with Prize Payouts for the top 3 in points.
    The top 8 in points will receive an automatic bid into the 2021 Endurance Race Season While the bottom 8 in points must race their way into the 2021 Endurance Race Season along with anyone else who is waiting to join in.
    A special event will be held for the race your way in players and only the top 8 racers from that event will be invited to join the other players already invited for the 2021 season.

The top 3 in points at the end of the 2020 season will now receive a

fd67a6R7b63AawmhJbsXdb652r91Yg.png

P1. Your choice of a Twelve month paid subscription to Playstation Plus or a Playstation Store Gift Card. $60.00 value

P2. Your choice of a Three month paid subscription to Playstation Plus or a Playstation Store Gift Card $25.00 value

P3. Three month paid subscription to Playstation Plus only. $25.00 value

That's a $110 total in prizes

All prizes will be bought & paid for online through the PS Store. Then each person who is one of our top 3 prizes winners will receive a Private Message with the code to activate their winnings at the end of the year.

*Points Standings*

Race 1
    pdf00001.png

Drop Points will not take effect until after our 3rd race

Did Not Finish (DNF)
    DNF points are eligible for one or both of your Drop Score Points.

Did Not Race (DNR)
    DNR points are eligible for one or both of your Drop Score Points.

Did Not Show (DNS)
    DNS points will not be eligible for either one of your Drop Score Points

Points System
    How our new point system will work.
    I like to run things a bit different from most other people if you haven't noticed, so our point system will be no exception. It's a very simple & easy formula for everyone to keep track of.
    You will receive the amount of points as your numbered finishing position. So the person with the lowest total points at the end of the year will be your champion.

1st place = 1 points
    2nd place = 2 points
    3rd place = 3 points
    4th place = 4 points
    5th place = 5 points
    6th place = 6 points
    7th place = 7 points
    8th place = 8 points
    9th place = 9 points
    10th place = 10 points
    11th place = 11 points
    12th place = 12 points
    13th place = 13 points
    14th place = 14 points
    15th place = 15 points
    16th place = 16 points

No Shows gets (20 points) added to their score.

Did Not Race gets (18 points)

DNF's get (16th place points) added to their score no matter how many people are actually in the lobby.

There will be no point awarded for Pole Positions or Fastest Laps.

Anyone who joins in before the March 7th race will be allowed to compete for the Points Championship.
    Anyone who joins in after the March 7th race will not be eligible for the Points Championship.

Two throw away race will be allowed per member competing in the Points Championship. This will allow everyone the opportunity to miss two races throughout the year and it will not effect them negatively.
    If you do not miss a race all year then your highest scores will be tossed out.

New Lobby Times
    These times are for the start of each leagues races only and do not include any practice
    MSN = 7:20pm to 9:00pm
    IRS = 9:20pm to 10:30pm
    ARL = 11:00pm to 11:45ish

Here at MSN we have many members who either own or race in other popular leagues. Because of this we are teaming up with ARL & IRS so that our start and end times do not overlap eachother.
    In return this gives everyone the opportunity to run the Trifecta race once every month. Starting off with MSN then on to IRS and ending the night with ARL.
    It will be the ultimate endurance test for anyone willing to run 5+hours of intense racing across 3 different leagues.

MSN start times for 2020 will now be 30 minutes earlier than in 2019. Almost everyone was already in the lobby at this time practicing so I don't feel this change will have any negative impact on our members.
    However it will open up the opportunity for more people to race in all 3 leagues.

Member Information for all 3 leagues

MSN (Board of directors)
    @Rinsky @micantony @Infineon @Cold Warrior

ARL (Board of Directors)
    @TexasJDC @NickCannella
    @Herimopp89 @Jw_wk1010 @Neutty
    @PApunk924

IRS (Board of directors)
    @aceboy127 @Clean Racer @DesertPenguin
    @damonc84

Time Zone Guide for Practice

6:30 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)
    5:30 pm CST (Central Standard Time)
    4:30 pm MST (Mountain Standard Time)
    11:30 am CET (Central European Time)
    11:30 am BST (British Standard Time)

Time Zone Guide for Qualifying/Racing
    7:20 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)
    6:20 pm CST (Central Standard Time)
    5:20 pm MST (Mountain Standard Time)
    12:20 am CET (Central European Time)
    12:20 am BST (British Standard Time)

Lobby Practice/Qualifying/Race Times
    All times are US Daylight Savings Eastern Standard Time. Use New York as the city if you need to.
    Please check to make sure your local time corresponds with the event times.

1. Private Lobby opens at 6:30pm for practice to everyone who has pre-registered.

2. At 7:20pm the in game 10 minute Qualifying Session begins. A quick Pre Race Check will take place before hand to make sure everything is correct.

3. Starting the qualifying session is the same as starting the race and if for any reason you leave the track or car the game will not let you rejoin. After qualifying is over it automatically goes straight into the race. So you will start the race on the same compound tires you qualify with.
    Again No Late Entries can join in once qualifying has started.

4. At 7:30pm the 1.5 hour Race Begins and starts automatically after the qualifying timers are up.

Track location

The Gr.4 & Gr.3 classes will be racing separately and not together in this series and we will alternate racing those class each month at different Track Locations.

Some Track Locations may change throughout the season depending on what content future updates may bring and the popularity of those Tracks added to the game.
    All Track locations will be Full Forward Layouts or Ovals unless otherwise noted below.

2020 Racing Schedule

January 4th - Gr.4 - Laguna Seca
    P1 - Herimopp89 - Mercedes
    P2 - SRT DK Racing - Subaru
    P3 - T5Black - Nissan

261729D9-766C-4250-8D63-AC9AF488B16F.jpeg.jpg EA78F298-B014-48D1-8658-DF679E956750.jpeg.jpg
    pdf00001.png

February 1st - Gr.3 - Blue Moon Bay

March 7th - Gr.4 - Mount Panorama

April 4th - Gr.3 - Interlagos

May 2nd - Gr.4 - Fugi-Short

June 6th - Gr.3 - La Sarthe

July 4th - Gr.4 - Brands Hatch

August 1st - Gr.3 - Suzuka Circuit

September 5th - Gr.4 - Dragons trail

October 3rd - Gr.3 - Laguna Seca

November 7th - Gr.4 - ((((Open))))

DECEMBER - Gr.3 and 2.4hr (63 laps) of SPA

A Strict Limit of 3 will be placed on each Manufacturer for use. Once that limit is reached then that Manufacturer will no longer be available.

Gr.3 & Gr.4
    Manufacturer's Are Now Locked

Alfa Romeo > 2/1
    Aston Martin > 2/1
    Audi > 3/0
    BMW > 2/1
    Chevrolet > 3/0
    Citroen > 3/0
    Dodge > 2/1
    Ferrari > 3/0
    Ford > 3/0
    Honda > 3/0
    Hyundai > 3/0
    Jaguar >2/1
    Lamborghini > 1/2
    Lexus > 1/2
    Mazda > 3/0
    McLaren > 2/1
    Mercedes > 0/3
    Mitsubishi > 3/0
    Nissan > 2/1
    Peugeot > 3/0
    Porsche > 0/3
    Renault's Sport > 2/1
    Subaru > 1/2
    Toyota > 2/1
    VW > 3/0

GTP Member/Manufacturer/Car #

1. RINSKY - McLaren - #70
    2. Infineon - Alfa Romeo - #73
    3. Micantony - Aston Martin - #37
    4. Cold Warrior - Dodge - #53
    5. Jw_wk1010 - Mercedes - #30
    6. GTP_Guido - Porsche - #69
    7. Herimopp89 - Mercedes - #55
    8. Docbrown40 - Lamborghini - #46
    9. Fastone371 - Renault Sport - #3
    10. Racer283 - Porsche -
    11. WhiteFlight1 - Mercedes
    12. SRT DK Racing - Subaru - #71
    13. T5Black - Nissan - #79
    14. TexasJDC - Lexus - #197
    15. Bloodyboyblue - Subaru - #25
    16. Desertpenguin - Toyota - #09
    ---------Reserve list is now full----------
    17. Standard_FV - Jaguar - #71
    18.Bigbeefytaco - Porsche
    >19. Tall Paul - BMW<
    20. llNovall - Lamborghini
    21. HygradeB - Lexus - #66

You are expected to race clean and to be respectful to all other racers. We have had some outstanding clean & competitive races so far and it will remain that way.
    If you do not take this race seriously then you will be asked to leave.

GTPLANET Racing Leagues, Clubs and Series Directory
    Created By
    bigbeefytaco

The Good Racecraft Guide
    Created By
    VBR

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020 at 1:02 PM
  2. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

I'd like to participate in this race :)

I'll use the McLaren 650S if that's still available

Infineon and Rinsky like this.
  3. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

Nice to have you aboard. Yes the McLaren is available and it's yours.

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  4. Conradob3

Conradob3

I want participate, with BMW M4. Still available??

Infineon, Rinsky and Alpha Cipher like this.
  5. Magrathea_42

Magrathea_42

This sounds perfect. I would like the Aston Martin (if available)

Infineon, Rinsky and Alpha Cipher like this.
  6. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

Sorry it took me awhile to reply. Welcome aboard and you both have your cars.

7. Conradob3

Conradob3

Thx man.
    U need more information, about ID, nationality?

8. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

If your PSN name is different than the one you use on here then yes. If you want to include your Nationality that' fine but not needed.

I will send everyone a friend invite before this event so it makes things easier.

Conradob3 likes this.
  9. Conradob3

Conradob3

Perfect.

My ID conradob3

Rinsky likes this.
  10. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

I don't know how the new BOP adj effected everyone but if you do not see a car on the list then it's not taken at the moment and you are allowed to switch.

Infineon and Magrathea_42 like this.
  11. Magrathea_42

Magrathea_42

Since they did nerf the Aston (and rightfully so), I think I will give the Jaguar a try.

Rinsky likes this.
  12. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

You got it.

13. Infineon

Infineon

Already got 9 people, this is gonna be a awesome race! Looking forward to it.

Rinsky likes this.
  14. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

We will probably get a few more too. Still a week away from race day.

15. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

I'm changing to the Lexus RC F. Thanks.

Rinsky likes this.
  16. Brzlav

Brzlav

Love the concept, US times won't work for me unfortunately. I am thinking about setting up something like this myself soon. One could set up a multiclass race this way.

Rinsky likes this.
  17. Venster

Venster

Thinking about entering this but not sure with US times race would start at 1am for me but it sounds good.

Could I provisionally reserve the Mazda?

Rinsky likes this.
  18. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

Mazda is yours.

Venster and Alpha Cipher like this.
  19. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

Race is this Saturday and we still have some spots open if anyone else wants to join in.
    There are people with different levels of talent signed up (list is on the first post) so don't be intimidated. Just race clean and all will be good.

20. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

Before we race tomorrow I want to take this time to go over some more details.

Waring this post is very long.

Internet connection:

I'm going to do my best at keeping the lobby from having connection issues on my end. The lobby will be a public lobby so if something should happen to me then it will go to my good friend @Infineon who has an even faster connection. Not that I have any problems with mine but it's just a backup safety precaution because the servers are not always reliable.

Next up is the number of members in the lobby. Before the race gets started I will change the number of people allowed in the room to the exact amount of people in the race. This way because its a public lobby randoms will not be jumping in and out during the race and hopefully this creates a more stable room.

For those of you with excellent internet connections we will be running a chat room along with the race on the PS4. Up to 8 people can be in a chat room. If you wish to join we will get you setup before the race. Spoken language will be English.

Race Stewart:

Because I'm hosting the race I will not be qualifying. I want to be available for everyone until the race starts should any questions or issues arise before the race.
    I also have no problem dropping out of the race should a problem come up that needs my immediate attention like kicking some out for intentional dirty driving.

Penalties:

The penalty settings for this race are on strong. If you get a non increasing penalty please keep racing as normal and lose it over time. If you get an increasing time penalty under no circumstance are you to stop or slow down with people behind you or in the racing line at all. There are several of spots on the track that you can safely stop to serve your penalty out of the others way.
    At the very end of the front straight in the top right as far as you can go against with wall without being off the track is the best place. No one should ever be up there unless they are completely out of control.

Exiting the Pits:

You must keep to the left side of the track when exiting the pits until you are up to full speed. Under no circumstance are you to jump right into the racing line when exiting the pits. Wheel users please make sure you wheel is straight before you regain control.

Caution Flags:

With full damage on and ghosting off Caution Flags will actually mean something so do not ignore them. A wreak or car spinning on the track or someone serving a massive penalty could end your race quickly if you choose to ignore it.
    If you are damaged or serving a penalty penalty going slow and off the race pace put your flashers on.

Lap traffic:

Try to study each racers livery before the race you can do this by clicking on their names as well. It is your job to know who the leaders are and if your about to get lapped by them. You are also responsible to move out of their way if you're not racing someone eles for a position. Excessive light flashing should only be used to warn a racer they are holding up the leaders.
    Also the leaders must remain respectful and not get frustrated and try to barge their way through.

I will go over more stuff in the lobby before the race.

See everyone tomorrow about 26 hours from this post.

Alpha Cipher, Racer283 and Infineon like this.
  21. Brzlav

Brzlav

Will someone stream his race?

22. Racer283

Racer283

Not sure if someone will or not but hopefully I'll try and save the replay and eventually make a video for it.

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  23. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

I won't be because I want to keep the lobby as stable and reliable as possible.

Someone else might be able to but I'm not sure.

24. Venster

Venster

Lobby opening soon?

25. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

10 minutes

26. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

Lobby is closed

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  27. Infineon

Infineon

Great race! Thank you to everyone who participated. We will definitely try to do this again in the future :cheers: PS_Messages_20180407_215533.jpg

Venster, Racer283 and Alpha Cipher like this.
  28. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Thank you all for the amazing race! Minor complications here and there, but it'll only get better as we do this more often :)

The start was carnage :lol: as well as spinning out quite often :O
    Quite glad that I was able to snatch 2nd despite those setbacks :D

Racer283, Infineon and Rinsky like this.
  29. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

Next time we will do private lobby to avoid causing more complications. I really didn't think that many random people would jump in on a 1.5 hour race. I was wrong. On the plus side we meet some really fast and nice people too.

Racer283, Alpha Cipher and Infineon like this.
  30. Cooper2k

Cooper2k

Thanks for the race Rinsky