MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Like I said, I'm good either way, but for me personally, I wont care about the points :-) (I'm competitive anyway, but if others need that motivation, that's great too if we think it might spice things up).

It would be nice to hear perspectives from a bunch of other regular's in how they feel about it; let's give them time to chime in.
I think everyone here will want to run both classes because most do anyway in other leagues as I see many of our members names in Gr.3 leagues on this forum.

Everyone has been wanting me to do something like this anyway so I really don't see many members at all not wanting to participate.

However that might change if I added a point system so I think @micantony is right on this and I think we should keep it casual like it has always been. This way if members are not great at Gr.3 then it's great practice for them without any negative.
I do think we need to try something to encourage players to run more of our races. I think we are losing our out to other leagues that pay points and the FIA.

I agree do agree that we should wait and see what others think first. It would be bad to chase away the players we already have.

Either way I still think the last for both classes should be a 2.4h finale. If they will be our last 2 races. Let's get out with a bang.

I believe PD started working on GT7 when they changed the Daily Races to Weekly Races. Going by the trends GT5 and GT6. I that's when they started to take some people away to start working on the next installment of Gran Turismo.

I myself aren't to sure if GT7 will release next year wuth the PS5. Even if that's when they started to work on GT7. It still doesn't seem like enough time.

However weether GT7 will release with the PS5 or not. @Rinsky has stated that the 2020 season will be our 3rd and final season. What will he do it GT7 is not a released next holiday season with the PS5 I don't know. Maybe he'll continue. Maybe he'll take a break until GT5.

Yea, and I have some beachfront property in Kentucky at a really good deal for you.

I've heard enough from PD over the years to know that 2020 means 2022 at the earliest. No joke.

Yeah, right??? Who seriously believes PD's GT release dates? It seems like they should be saying the new GT will be ready for release sometime between 2020 and 2024 as that seems to be about as close as they can guesstimate, and it's never on the early end either. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Like always nobody will know what will happen with PD and GT7 until it does. All we have is rumors to go off of.
If we just look at PD'S history then I'd say GT7 will be released when the PS6 is about to come out and forget about the PS5 all together.
However I think this time it's not completely up to PD as Sony themselves have been pushing this rumor forward more so than PD. Everytime Sony goes to show off their PS5 it's a Gran Turismo demo they have playing on it.
Now if Sony is pushing PD to make GT7 a launch title then it could actually happen. The signs that work on GT7 is well underway have been all over the place so it really could happen.

At this point in time I don't know what my life will look like beyond the 2020 season especially with two young children so I might move right on into the PS5 & GT7 if its available or I might take a short break after doing this for 3 seasons.
It's already got to the point that our race is the only race I have time for anymore and I have not been able to run in other people's series like I once did. Anyway we are 1 year and 2 months away from that decision so there is plenty of time before anything is known for sure.

GT7 will likely debut on release date of the PS7:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I dont remember which version of GT it was but I think it was GT3 or GT4 that announced a release date then got changed about 4 times more after that, I thought it released something like 4 years late. After that I always take PD's word with a grain of salt

Last edited:

I dont remember which version of GT it was but I think it was GT3 or GT4 that announced a release date then got changed about 4 times more after that, I thought it released something like 4 years late. After that I always take PD's word with a grain of salt

I believe that was GT5 for PS3. GT5 came out halfway through the PS3 lifespan followed by GT6 which came out two years after GT5 and about a year or two before PS4 was released, I think.

Actually I think there was 2 Gran Turismo editions per playstations...
As for GT7 (and PS5) i don't have great hopes about the release dates, I feel like James Cameron's Avatars getting pushed back and back further in Time lol

For the next season I wouldn't mind either a point system, this would spicy things a bit more but I would still come racing the same way ;)
I believe it would be a 12 rounds season right? If so, you could keep the best 8 or 10 results for those you have a life or disconnect or just can't be there to keep a sense of equity I don't know...

For the choice of cars, you said we'd have to keep the same gr.3 and gr.4 or not I don't remember...
If not, what about giving the people the chance to choose 6 cars for each group that we would have to use throughout the season?

Just suggestions as I'm more than ok with the actual format.

I won't be able to join any race until January as i'll be on a job but I'll gladly come back next year and I'll keep an eye on this thread (providing I get the notif! lol)

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually I think there was 2 Gran Turismo editions per playstations...
As for GT7 (and PS5) i don't have great hopes about the release dates, I feel like James Cameron's Avatars getting pushed back and back further in Time lol

For the next season I wouldn't mind either a point system, this would spicy things a bit more but I would still come racing the same way ;)
I believe it would be a 12 rounds season right? If so, you could keep the best 8 or 10 results for those you have a life or disconnect or just can't be there to keep a sense of equity I don't know...

For the choice of cars, you said we'd have to keep the same gr.3 and gr.4 or not I don't remember...
If not, what about giving the people the chance to choose 6 cars for each group that we would have to use throughout the season?

Just suggestions as I'm more than ok with the actual format.

I won't be able to join any race until January as i'll be on a job but I'll gladly come back next year and I'll keep an eye on this thread (providing I get the notif! lol)

The choice on cars next year will be done almost like the FIA Manufacturer Series.
Once you choose your Manufacturer then you must stay with that Manufacturer throughout the entire season. If the Manufacturer you choose as more than one Gr.4 or Gr.3 car you will not be restricted in anyway and you will be permitted to use any of those cars as you see fit.
I think I've finally made my decision on this rule. I'm only allowing 3 people to choose the same Manufacturer before it's closed off. This should allow plenty enough choices for everyone so we don't have to hold a special car selection process and at the same time is not overly excessive.

I bounce around the idea of a point system every year just to see how people still feel. Almost everyone likes the idea of not having one just because there are very few organized leagues on this site that don't do a point system. So it makes things more casual with every race having it's own independent point system.
I honestly don't know if running a point system would actually keep players coming back each month or not. It was working great for awhile but now we have people dropping out for 2 or 3 months at a time until they return. Or they just don't like the track location so they don't race that month. The way we do it now really offers no incentive for anyone to race each month.

It's something that I really have to consider tho.
I will also make sure you are sent a notification for next season if you want.

Last edited:
If I did a point system this is what it would look like so far.

This year we will run our first ever point system. Up until now our endurance races have always been labeled just for fun even though we have always taken our racing very seriously. This system has worked very well for us for two seasons but now I feel it's time to reward some people for their dedication & participation in 2020.

The top 3 in points at the end of the 2020 season will now receive a -

fd67a6R7b63AawmhJbsXdb652r91Yg.png

P1. Twelve month paid subscription to Playstation Plus. $59.99 value

P2. Three month paid subscription to Playstation Plus. $24.99 value

P3. One month paid subscription to Playstation Plus. $9.99 value

That's a $100 total in prizes

While this might not seem like much for a years worth of racing please remember I'm the only one paying for this as a token of my appreciation to everyone who has supported this Series over the past 2 years.

We have become a very clean & competitive group of racers so if this new point system is something that does not look interesting then you can continue to race as normal and probably will not even notice the difference.
But for those who are interested in the new point system missing a race will now effect you in a negative way.

We will continue to use the in game penalty system like always and I will not be making up a bunch of new rules or procedures for penalties. That is unless I see you in the replay making contact to take someone out.
We now have the ability to view everyone from cockpit cam and its very easy to make that call now just by looking at their wheel.

How our new point system will work.
I like to run things a bit different from most other people if you haven't noticed, so our point system will be no exception. It's a very simple & easy formula for everyone to keep track of.
You will receive the amount of points as your numbered finishing position. So the person with the lowest total points at the end of the year will be your champion.

1st place gets 1 points
2nd place gets 2 points
3rd place gets 3 points
4th place gets 4 points
5th place gets 5 points
6th place gets 6 points
7th place gets 7 points
8th place gets 8 points
9th place gets 9 points
10th place gets 10 points
11th place gets 11 points
12th place gets 12 points
13th place gets 13 points
14th place gets 14 points
15th place gets 15 points
16th place gets 16 points

17. No shows get (30 points) added

18. DNF's get (25 points) added if you leave the race before it's half over. If you leave past the half way mark then you will get last place with (16 points) added no matter how many people are actually in the lobby.

There will be no point adjustments for Pole Positions or Fastest Laps.

This year we will not be doing any kind of car selection process.
I will make the announcement as to what day & around what time I will be opening the 2020 Manufacturer selection lobby up. The order people join the lobby in displayed to the right of the screen is the exact order I will have them choose their Manufacturer in.
We will be allowing 3 of the same Manufacturer.

I want everyone to know that this is more about rewarding the members who have been with this Series and not about trying to bring in others

Last edited:
I have change the date of my Nurburgring race to Saturday October 26th. In order to not compete with the FIA Races. If this works better for anyone here is a https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...6th-opens-6-30pm-edt-high-paying-race.389789/

2 Hours A Night Of Green Hell

Sat Oct 26th

Practice/Qualifying Opens 6:30pm EDST
Qualifying Ends 7:15pm
10 Minutes to finish hot laps.
Race Start 7:35pm EDST
You'll need to be on track no later than 7:07pm to get your out and timed lap in.

Open Lobby
SR minimum A
Race 2 Hours
Rolling Start
Nurburgring 24h 22:30
Gr.3 With BOP
Tuning Allowed
Tires x10 Fuel x2
RH, RM, RS
Heavy Damage
Real Settings

Your points system is similar to what Formula 1 did in it's early years.

I will give you this..you definitely know your racing history.

I'm honestly astonished about you wanting to go with a price money, this is way too much !

Don't think of it as prize money but instead think of it as a token of my appreciation.
Anyway nothing is set in stone yet but I think this would be fun for everyone if we did. There are Pro's & Con's to both sides.

Self correction. Actually the reverse points system was by the Grand Prix Racing before WW2. This is what Formula 1 eventually formed from.

Well I hoping we would have some kinda hint about the next update by now but I guess not.
I still think it's very doubtful SPA is coming before our next race so we will need a replacement to fill it's spot if it doesn't.
I have or had Fugi down in its place but I think I will give everyone here the opportunity to pick the next location from 4 different choices instead.

1. Dragon Trail – Seaside
2. Mt Panorama
3. Brands Hatch
4. Fugi

Majority Rules so what track sounds the most fun to you.

Well I hoping we would have some kinda hint about the next update by now but I guess not.
I still think it's very doubtful SPA is coming before our next race so we will need a replacement to fill it's spot if it doesn't.
I have or had Fugi down in its place but I think I will give everyone here the opportunity to pick the next location from 4 different choices instead.

1. Dragon Trail – Seaside
2. Mt Panorama
3. Brands Hatch
4. Fugi

Majority Rules so what track sounds the most fun to you.

I choose Dragon Trail Seaside. I dont recall us racing there yet

If The Mountain gets selected I will start at the rear unless you guys want chaos on the first lap. I just.cant go anywhere on that track, maybe I need to run 1000 laps there to really figure it out. I'm working on the Green Hell right now due to our last race, that's another place I tend to struggle. I was practicing Sunday on the 24 hour circuit and got down to 9:04 in my GR4 car BOP on. Not sure if that's really slow or just slow.

If The Mountain gets selected I will start at the rear unless you guys want chaos on the first lap. I just.cant go anywhere on that track, maybe I need to run 1000 laps there to really figure it out. I'm working on the Green Hell right now due to our last race, that's another place I tend to struggle. I was practicing Sunday on the 24 hour circuit and got down to 9:04 in my GR4 car BOP on. Not sure if that's really slow or just slow.

I really like Mt Panorama but I struggle there as well, there is just not a lot of room on that track for close racing.

Now the Green Hell race will probably be more about everyone vs the track than racing each other. Again another place a really like but I have yet to tame this monster of a track. It will be a lot of fun I think.

That's Two votes for Seaside now :cheers:

I'm not voting unless we need a tie breaker but if I did it would be Seaside as well.

Vote Fuji

I like all these places but, I am going to vote Fuji. As I think it will best suit the Corvette out of 4 choices you have listed. Understeer with straightaway speed works at Fuji.

And I still vote Spa as next year's 2.4h finale for the Gr.4 class. It's popularity will make it a great location for a long 2.4h.

We can use Spa as a Gr.3 earlier in the year if you don't wish to wait.

These aren't the only 4 tracks we haven't been to yet for Gr.4. This list doesn't even include my track vote for next season.

brands hatch , dont like that busstop on seaside , I fear that it will make to much chaos , especially ifff someone crashes there when ppl still arre close ......

Make sure you can stay on track consistently. Then focus on lap times. It's can be long drive back to pits with a damaged car at Nurburgring.

I can't give advice for Mt Panorama. I did well at the track in GT6 but, the grip levels in GTS stumps me.

Being that Mt Panorama is public roads when not in use. The lack of grip in GTS is probably more accurate to real track. Like most road circuits.

Just think of what all things the public does on the track. From tire rubber and oils from all the cars. To coffee or soda spills. Alcohol. Probably some chewing gum. And probably anything else you can imagine. All there on there the track's surface.

Back