MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Since the track is not in the game as of yet I obviously don't have the settings we will be running under.
Our fuel & Tire multipliers stay almost the same for each race so I will start out testing x4 fuel & x4 tires. The only adjustment to this will be dropping the tire multiplier by one if it's deemed necessary.

Time of day is unknown as of now but if SPA drops with rain Settings we will not be using them and this race will go off with sunny & dry conditions. 👍

I've currently been trying to reach members who I have not heard from for their confirmation on this Saturday's race.
As of now we have one spot open with the possibility of two more depending on those members status. I'm still not planning on advertising these open spots until I've exhausted all other options

I'm currently running in ARL Gr.3 Series and that race will begin about an hour after ours ends.
I'm very excited to announce we currently have 4 ARL members ( 5 including me) signed up for SPA this Saturday with a few of their top dogs in that mix. ARL is a great group to race with and will take their racing very seriously.
I will scout previous members, non fulltime members & ARL members to fill in any open spots that become available before giving those spots up to the general public.

Any questions about the SPA race please feel free to ask.

Thanks for the kind words for ARL...

You could say the same about IRS :cheers:

Unfortunately our current Saturday night series drops the green flag at 9:30 so we can't do both. Is there any chance you can start the Spa race 30 minutes earlier? Then people could run all three races and have a marathon evening 👍

Unfortunately our current Saturday night series drops the green flag at 9:30 so we can't do both. Is there any chance you can start the Spa race 30 minutes earlier? Then people could run all three races and have a marathon evening 👍

Yes the same goes for IRS members unfortunately the race times and days don't allow for me to run any races with you guys but IRS members will also have the opportunity to fill in any open spots if they should choose to do so.

Edit:
Our race start/end times have not changed since our very first race two years ago. Because of this it's not something I can just change on a last minute notice. Our members have worked out their racing schedule with this in mind because I've always been strict when it comes to the start/end time and it's something they can always count on.

I would have had no problem changing the start time 30 minutes earlier with more advanced notice. If I did it now (4 days remaining) not everyone would get the memo before race day and I would have some very unhappy members.

Last edited:
Since the track is not in the game as of yet I obviously don't have the settings we will be running under.
Our fuel & Tire multipliers stay almost the same for each race so I will start out testing x4 fuel & x4 tires. The only adjustment to this will be dropping the tire multiplier by one if it's deemed necessary.

Time of day is unknown as of now but if SPA drops with rain Settings we will not be using them and this race will go off with sunny & dry conditions. 👍

I've currently been trying to reach members who I have not heard from for their confirmation on this Saturday's race.
As of now we have one spot open with the possibility of two more depending on those members status. I'm still not planning on advertising these open spots until I've exhausted all other options

I'm currently running in ARL Gr.3 Series and that race will begin about an hour after ours ends.
I'm very excited to announce we currently have 4 ARL members ( 5 including me) signed up for SPA this Saturday with a few of their top dogs in that mix. ARL is a great group to race with and will take their racing very seriously.
I will scout previous members, non fulltime members & ARL members to fill in any open spots that become available before giving those spots up to the general public.

Any questions about the SPA race please feel free to ask.
Thanks for the kind words man it means alot and we appreciate it more than you know. If you need someone or want to promote in the arl thread feel free to man!

Thanks for the kind words man it means alot and we appreciate it more than you know. If you need someone or want to promote in the arl thread feel free to man!

No problem man I enjoy racing with you guys when my schedule allows it. With colder temperatures moving in and daylight getting shorter I will start to have more free time for a few months to race. The 10:30pm to 11:00pm EST start times really helps too.

I will give it a few more days then I'll have a much better idea where I'm at on people.

Curious, why doesn't IRS just move their Saturday night race back 30 minutes instead?

Because then people wouldn't be able to join the ARL race. If you notice in my post about making this earlier, I said people would be able to race all three. That means at the moment it's set up so you can race IRS and ARL on Saturday nights, but not this event.

Realistically all I would need is 10 minutes to go pee and what not and hop over...personally if I could have 1 lap for qually I'd be good to go and 10 minutes shouldn't push into arl...

Edit: I will say it isnt fair to everyone to wait 10 minutes for 1 driver

Last edited:
I'm definitely not against the idea of moving this race up 30 minutes but I would definitely need to take a vote.

The only issue I see is that we have members from all over the world in our race and while a 30 minute difference in time won't effect me at all it very well could be a problem for someone else.

I personally feel it's very important to work with other groups and leagues on here as we are all share a passion for racing and giving people more opportunities to race is always a positive.
I don't think people will do the Trifecta race everytime just because that's a long time to be racing but I do think we could come up with a special event that starts off with IRS then to MSN and ends with ARL. A Mega race of sorts.

We only have the SPA race this Saturday then 2.4hr of the Nurburgring in December and our second year is over. So the time change vote is something I will bring up for the beginning of our 2020 season.

SPA is actually here.

Lobby Settings for SPA

Gr.4
1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice Session
10 minute in game Qualifying Session
In game track time: 12:00 noon
Fastest First set by Qualifying
BOP On with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Softs / Race Mediums / Race Hards
Fuel x3 & Tire wear x4
No Assist but ABS
>Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No Wall Penalties with Heavy Damage On
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted off
Standing Start

Qualifying Settings

Qualifying is 10 minutes
Qualifying tire wear is at x8
Qualifying fuel is same as race
Qualifying end delay is set at 60sec
You only have 60 seconds to finish the lap your on after the 10 minute clock is up.
Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.

Is there any chance you can start this 30 minutes earlier this week? The Europeans will thank you and the other drivers will have more time before ARL if they wanna check out the Renault series I've got going on

640px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

:D <-- me this morning.

Are we in another dimension? is Spa really in GTSport?
Pouhon feels much more difficult than I remember it. :mischievous:

If I did it now (4 days remaining) not everyone would get the memo before race day and I would have some very unhappy members.
Is this the only reason to not think about changing it? I don't see this being that big of a problem since everyone is so hyped about the race to begin with. Maybe we can ask people what they think too? 👍

Did some racing with @micantony and @Infineon at Spa today. 1 20 minute race and it was awesome.

@micantony and I had a great battle the entire race. Good stuff.

Good luck ro everyone this Saturday. You guys should have a great time.
:gtpflag:

PD did a nice job with Spa. It has a couple minor issues but I think they will be addressed with future updates.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not against the idea of moving this race up 30 minutes but I would definitely need to take a vote.

The only issue I see is that we have members from all over the world in our race and while a 30 minute difference in time won't effect me at all it very well could be a problem for someone else.

I personally feel it's very important to work with other groups and leagues on here as we are all share a passion for racing and giving people more opportunities to race is always a positive.
I don't think people will do the Trifecta race everytime just because that's a long time to be racing but I do think we could come up with a special event that starts off with IRS then to MSN and ends with ARL. A Mega race of sorts.

We only have the SPA race this Saturday then 2.4hr of the Nurburgring in December and our second year is over. So the time change vote is something I will bring up for the beginning of our 2020 season.
Arl is down man lol! Also I wanna know more about this 2.4 hour race when the time comes I love the long races (my body doesnt)

Is this the only reason to not think about changing it? I don't see this being that big of a problem since everyone is so hyped about the race to begin with. Maybe we can ask people what they think too? 👍

That half of the members in here won't get the notice of a last minute time change is not a problem? It is to me.

Did some racing with @micantony and @Infineon at Spa today. 1 20 minute race and it was awesome.

@micantony and I had a great battle the entire race. Good stuff.

Good luck ro everyone this Saturday. You guys should have a great time.
:gtpflag:

PD did a nice job with Spa. It has a couple minor issues but I think they will be addressed with future updates.

Glad you guys got to battle it some. So what was everyone's lap times? I have to ask..lol

Arl is down man lol! Also I wanna know more about this 2.4 hour race when the time comes I love the long races (my body doesnt)

This is seriously something I will consider starting in January 2020. I have the ability to move the time and it really not effect things to much. I already open the lobby up for practice 50 minutes ahead of qualifying so I could shrink that time down to 30 minutes of practice and have everything over between 9:00 to 9:10pm instead of 9:30.
It's just to late to change this race and I need all that time for December 2.4hr race.

I will definitely keep you posted on the Nurburgring 2.4hr

Also I'm 2 people shy of a full lobby if anyone wants in.

That half of the members in here won't get the notice of a last minute time change is not a problem? It is to me.

Glad you guys got to battle it some. So what was everyone's lap times? I have to ask..lol

This is seriously something I will consider starting in January 2020. I have the ability to move the time and it really not effect things to much. I already open the lobby up for practice 50 minutes ahead of qualifying so I could shrink that time down to 30 minutes of practice and have everything over between 9:00 to 9:10pm instead of 9:30.
It's just to late to change this race and I need all that time for December 2.4hr race.

I will definitely keep you posted on the Nurburgring 2.4hr

Also I'm 2 people shy of a full lobby if anyone wants in.

Just a heads up that i will most likely leave the room about 10 minutes before the race is over so i can also run with IRS. So with that being sadi if you have 3 people that want to run and i am holding that final spot please i will give my spot up for that person to run the full race.

Not sure what Infineon's times were, but the fastest lap in our 10 lap shootout was 2:29.5 ish
but most of the laps we ran 2:30-2:35. (to compare, in time trial offline i was doing 2:28's or better easily).
Tire wear was a big factor (at least for me; I was 4 seconds slower by lap 7; fronts kind of went off a cliff after 6 laps, so I'll need to work on that).

Since GR was in that Alfa, he dominated the middle section, but i could get a way a little in section 1 and 3. So it was a lot of back and forth, lots of blocking his lines in the middle section as i knew he couldnt pass me on the long straights in the Alfa. But it only worked for so long; Once he was able to stay close on the long straight, he had me in section 2 easily. My straight speed advantage wasnt quite enough to overcome his cornering speed. And he could brake so late at the bus stop compared to me; had to be careful as we had some bumping because of it.

i expect your Porsche is going to be very fast at Spa. Stay close on the straights and then just dominate through the middle section. But we'll see, not enough laps to know for certain.

Not sure what Infineon's times were, but the fastest lap in our 10 lap shootout was 2:29.5 ish
but most of the laps we ran 2:30-2:35. (to compare, in time trial offline i was doing 2:28's or better easily).
Tire wear was a big factor (at least for me; I was 4 seconds slower by lap 7; fronts kind of went off a cliff after 6 laps, so I'll need to work on that).

Since GR was in that Alfa, he dominated the middle section, but i could get a way a little in section 1 and 3. So it was a lot of back and forth, lots of blocking his lines in the middle section as i knew he couldnt pass me on the long straights in the Alfa. But it only worked for so long; Once he was able to stay close on the long straight, he had me in section 2 easily. My straight speed advantage wasnt quite enough to overcome his cornering speed. And he could brake so late at the bus stop compared to me; had to be careful as we had some bumping because of it.

i expect your Porsche is going to be very fast at Spa. Stay close on the straights and then just dominate through the middle section. But we'll see, not enough laps to know for certain.
Yeah, that was fun. Wish I could make it.

Just a heads up that i will most likely leave the room about 10 minutes before the race is over so i can also run with IRS. So with that being sadi if you have 3 people that want to run and i am holding that final spot please i will give my spot up for that person to run the full race.

Nope your good to race and leave. I just hope your leading with 10 minutes to go and I'm in 2nd :lol:
One can always wish right.

I'm right around the same lap times so it should be a great race. In my first test I ran out of fuel before my tires were even a quarter the way gone so I dropped the fuel to x3 to try a balance that out. I didn't get another chance to do a full fuel run on X3 so I will be at a disadvantage somewhat.

We are coming off daylight savings time at 2am in the morning. Has anyone else gone back already? If so the start time for our race will be different for you so please check to make sure.

We ran into this problem last year and @WhiteFlight1 just reminded me again that everyone in the UK has already dropped out of DST while everyone else is still on DST

If that's the case then everyone in the UK will be an hour behind me so the lobby will open an hour earlier for you than what I have posted

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back