MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I think it was good advice to share because I always try to help people when I can.

I too like to help as well. I wish I was more consistent, but that will come. Having been 10 years since I did any kind of sim racing I'm probably doing better than I think.

I had hoped for more people last night, however MicanTony with MrRacingLine we turned some good laps. The practice period before the 35 lap race I was able to turn my fastest lap yet a 43.251. I was unable to repeat the speed but ran most of the 35 laps in the mid to high 43s.

A side question how the neck do y'all see the replays? Is that the share button, if so do you have to do that before the race starts or can it be after it's over?

Thanks,
Paul

I too like to help as well. I wish I was more consistent, but that will come. Having been 10 years since I did any kind of sim racing I'm probably doing better than I think.

I had hoped for more people last night, however MicanTony with MrRacingLine we turned some good laps. The practice period before the 35 lap race I was able to turn my fastest lap yet a 43.251. I was unable to repeat the speed but ran most of the 35 laps in the mid to high 43s.

A side question how the neck do y'all see the replays? Is that the share button, if so do you have to do that before the race starts or can it be after it's over?

Thanks,
Paul
After the race, while still in the lobby, top left corner of your screen, select replay, then save it. Has to be done before host starts next race, closes lobby or you leave the lobby. Then watch the replay in your library.

I was wondering why you sent that. I'll add you.

I don't know yet if I can make the February race but I should be able to plan ahead for the rest

We are a week away from race day. Please make sure everyone has @Cold Warrior on their friends list as he will be the host for this race. PSN TheColdWarriors

Since I will not be your host for this race it will allow me to open or join in on a private chat lobby for the first time in this series history. If you have any questions or concerns about our race this would be a great time to address those issues.
The rest of the time we will just be cracking jokes and making fun of one another. :lol:

We are a week away from race day. Please make sure everyone has @Cold Warrior on their friends list as he will be the host for this race. PSN TheColdWarriors

Since I will not be your host for this race it will allow me to open or join in on a private chat lobby for the first time in this series history. If you have any questions or concerns about our race this would be a great time to address those issues.
The rest of the time we will just be cracking jokes and making fun of one another. :lol:

I would like you to refresh the rules on how a person that are about to be overtaken with a lap should act ?

Especially important that it will be refreshed on raceday :)

I would like you to refresh the rules on how a person that are about to be overtaken with a lap should act ?

I typically drive my normal line, the faster car should be able to make his way by. Once the car lapping me gets beside me I do not try racing with them for corner, I will brake or lift a little early letting them past, both lose very little time that way. Because this is an oval if a car with new tires is close to me at corner entry I would stay high and let them have the low line for an easy pass.

This is an easy one.
If you are already a lap down and your not racing someone for position and you see the blue light or flag then get out of the way....very simple.
If you are a lap down and racing someone for position let's say 6th & 7th place are racing for position and they see the blue light or flag then they are not required to move out of the way and it's the person who is lapping them responsibly to pass them safely.

If you are not a lap down yet but are about to be lapped you are still not required to move out of the way. But because this game doesn't do cautious and no points are lost for being a lap down to the leader most of us move out of the way anyway as there is no benefit for fighting to stay on the lead lap.
Those are the rules of racing and lap traffic can always change the outcome of a race in real life or sim racing.

However everyone should race and show respect to others as they would wish to be treated. Every situation is different and you should always know who is around you and what they are racing for so you can make the right judgment call.

Example. If 6th & 7th place are battling for position and they see the blue light or flag and notice that 1st & 2nd are behind them battling for position then you should consider how you would feel if that was you in 1st place battling for position. It's your call but most of us would move out of the way.

Hey all, just catching up on the thread, i'm very excited about this race.

I did the FIA there a couple days ago and it was already a crazy saving fuel race, on less than 20min so i guess on 1.5 hrs it'll be great.

This is really about being smart and staying with the pack, don't (try not to) pit alone as the slipstream takes a big part.

I'm also a nascar fan and i know on ovals it's all about getting to the end without trouble, you don't have to fight for every position, specialy with the slipstream range of 1.3s you can easily come back if you let by someone.

This track reminds me of Pocono btw

I did the FIA there a couple days ago and it was already a crazy saving fuel race, on less than 20min so i guess on 1.5 hrs it'll be great.

This is really about being smart and staying with the pack, don't (try not to) pit alone as the slipstream takes a big part.

I'm also a nascar fan and i know on ovals it's all about getting to the end without trouble, you don't have to fight for every position, specialy with the slipstream range of 1.3s you can easily come back if you let by someone.

Fuel is x1 I can't go lower than that. These Gr.3 cars are gas guzzlers in with Oval BOP. I believe from the testing I done. The fuel range of the cars is about 50 miles without any kind of fuel savings. Which comes out a little over 25 laps. The race is predicted to between 120 and 125 laps.

You can actually run slightly faster laps as single car with Gr.3 class at Blue Moon Oval. However it's much harder to save fuel as a single car. Cutting pit stops down to 3 might be possible in slipstreaming pack and some smart fuel mapping.

It's the shape of the track is ether based of Ponoco or possibly the EuroSpeedway Lausitz. But, most people don't know that other track exist so it's probably Ponoco.

I kind of think it's collaboration of different Ovals tracks and Ponoco was use as a base for it. As the Blue Moon Oval is about .51 miles shorter than Ponoco and the turns are banked way to much to be Ponoco Raceway. Especially turns 1 and 2.

T5Black accepted my request this morning. @DesertPenguin you are my last holdout.

I sent T5BLACK a message on the Playstation yesterday explaining to him why he had your friend invite.

There is some great advice in your post. Its been my plan from the beginning to run with or behind someone for this race and hopefully this plan doesn't fall apart during the race.
For any of you who are Nascar fans you will already know that oval racing is a different experience all together and having a teammate is more important than trying to win this race going flat out by yourself.

I sent T5BLACK a message on the Playstation yesterday explaining to him why he had your friend invite.

There is some great advice in your post. Its been my plan from the beginning to run with or behind someone for this race and hopefully this plan doesn't fall apart during the race.
For any of you who are Nascar fans you will already know that oval racing is a different experience all together and having a teammate is more important than trying to win this race going flat out by yourself.
Oh, fair warning don't look into the whole teammates thing too much. Teammates in any racing really only means you race for the same team owner or manufacturer.

However unlike any team sport wear it's your team vs some other team. In racing you are still competing against your teammates for race wins and championship points. Oval track races do not change this.

In racing your teammates usually aren't going to be much help to you. They maybe a little more courteous towards you than than non teammates when racing for position. And their crew might share step ups with you. If they don't see you as a major threat towards their own chances to win the race or the championship.

Oval races you are flat out or almost for entire lap with cars of nearly equal performance. Where your best option for passing is slipstreaming other cars. In this case your teammates may be more willing to work with you to make pass than other cars would. If the opportunity presents itself.

The Blue Moon Bay Oval is not a flat out oval track. On racing tires turn 2 is flat. However to turn 1 requires heavy braking and turn 3 requires some braking as well with the Gr.3 cars. Getting a good exit out of turns 1 and 3 where you make time here.

Unfortunately I can‘t make the next two races. I think we have some reserve drivers who can fill my spot, so I will be fine with moving to a reserve spot.

Looks like I may get a start in. Should be a good schooling for me. I am looking forward to it.

Is there usually a part made so communication between drives is possible, or is it radio silence?

Thanks,
Paul.

As of right now I will only know for sure if i can race around 7pm est for sure. As soon as I know what is going on I will post in here and also send the host a message on psn, IF I CAN'T MAKE IT

Am I racing today 1st February?

I best get some rest just incase.

Edit:
Time Zone Guide for Practice
6:30 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)
5:30 pm CST (Central Standard Time)
4:30 pm MST (Mountain Standard Time)
11:30 am CET (Central European Time)
11:30 am BST (British Standard Time) I could be wrong but Google say that's should be PM not AM.
London is 5hrs ahead .:confused:

Last edited:
As of right now I will only know for sure if i can race around 7pm est for sure. As soon as I know what is going on I will post in here and also send the host a message on psn, IF I CAN'T MAKE IT
I will be the host for the race. Just send me your message though PSN. If you need to contact me quickly. I will see your message through PSN before I will see it here. I have both PS Messages and PS App on my phone. So I be notified even if I'm offline.

Looks like I may get a start in. Should be a good schooling for me. I am looking forward to it.

Is there usually a part made so communication between drives is possible, or is it radio silence?

Thanks,
Paul.
We or at least don't usually talk during races to not distract myself or others. Except for emergencies.

Am I racing today 1st February?

I best get some rest just incase.

Edit:
Time Zone Guide for Practice
6:30 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)
5:30 pm CST (Central Standard Time)
4:30 pm MST (Mountain Standard Time)
11:30 am CET (Central European Time)
11:30 am BST (British Standard Time) I could be wrong but Google say that's should be PM not AM.
London is 5hrs ahead .:confused:
Hey @Rinsky you might want change Central Europe and British Standard time zones pm. They start before midnight now.

Hey guys,

I was watching Tidgney's stream the other day and he got a penalty by doing a tiny bump drafting...
Did you experience that in lobbys or even in practice for our race ?

Could be good to know as bump drafting will probably occurr a couple times...

I won't mind being bump drafted btw, just not in corners, even if i think it's better to slingshot pass each other if you want to gain on a third oponant ahead.
See you guys later

Hey guys,

I was watching Tidgney's stream the other day and he got a penalty by doing a tiny bump drafting...

I won't mind being bump drafted btw, just not in corners, even if i think it's better to slingshot pass each other if you want to gain on a third oponant ahead.
See you guys later

Passing each other is literally the worst thing you can do if you want to gain on someone. That just holds both of you up and wastes a ton of fuel. You have to bump draft.

At various times the penalty system hasn’t allowed hitting each other too hard in sport mode races, but when you bump draft you should just be giving the lightest of taps. Contact penalties shouldn’t be on for lobby racing anyway, they never work properly.

I haven’t done a sport mode race since the update this week but as usual I’m sure PD did an extreme swing the opposite direction from where it was before so every little touch is probably a penalty now. Which will make the game unplayable with them on.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

See you guys later
Passing each other is literally the worst thing you can do if you want to gain on someone. That just holds both of you up and wastes a ton of fuel. You have to bump draft.

At various times the penalty system hasn’t allowed hitting each other too hard in sport mode races, but when you bump draft you should just be giving the lightest of taps. Contact penalties shouldn’t be on for lobby racing anyway, they never work properly.

I haven’t done a sport mode race since the update this week but as usual I’m sure PD did an extreme swing the opposite direction from where it was before so every little touch is probably a penalty now. Which will make the game unplayable with them on.
I personally don't like to use contact penalties for Ovals. But, Rinsky has it listed in use. So I have to ask him if he mind me turning off contact penalties for this race.

Back