MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Thanks to everyone for making this happen. It was fun doing a little endurance race and hopefully more to come. Also if anyone is interested, we can possibly start doing some evening races on Tuesday and hopefully merge into Car of the Week whenever that starts. I'm up for Tuesday nights 11pm EST. Hoping to race against some of you again in the future.

Last edited:
Good racing, thanks to Rinsky for organising. My only complaint is with myself...I jumped in on the night without any preparation and had no pit stop strategy so had no idea how many stops we would do. Having gone from battling Focie for the lead the whole race, I ended up in 5th by making an extra stop with ten laps remaining that the top four didn't. Obviously the other guys had worked out how many stops were needed!

Next time I'll have to pay more attention :sly:

Have you guys considered doing this maybe once a month or something similar?

Thanks to Rinsky for organising this, very good event and throughly enjoyed it!

Surprised how many dropped in for an endurance race, more the better though. When I realised cones weren’t allowed and not run any practice with or without I thought this isn’t going to go well but I adapted quickly, I was a bit confused when I started 12th :lol:, but all good.

Had no practice or strategy going into the race, which actually made it better. Was great trying to work out what I needed to do live in the race, plus what others were doing, not done any races that long before! Had to battle a few so pushing hard to regain the lead then build a gap if I could then try and maintain it with a lower map.

Overall great race, would definitely want to race again and privileged to take the win!

Have you guys considered doing this maybe once a month or something similar?

Yes we are. I was real happy with the turnout. I also learned some important things to avoid next time along with some bugs in the game. Thanks for joining us I was afraid you were going to miss it.

Thanks to Rinsky for organising this, very good event and throughly enjoyed it!

Surprised how many dropped in for an endurance race, more the better though. When I realised cones weren’t allowed and not run any practice with or without I thought this isn’t going to go well but I adapted quickly, I was a bit confused when I started 12th :lol:, but all good.

Had no practice or strategy going into the race, which actually made it better. Was great trying to work out what I needed to do live in the race, plus what others were doing, not done any races that long before! Had to battle a few so pushing hard to regain the lead then build a gap if I could then try and maintain it with a lower map.

Overall great race, would definitely want to race again and privileged to take the win!

Evidently there is a bug still in the game and I wasn't aware of it until the race started. When setting the lobby to fastest first it doesn't do it.
I never even got on the track before the race and yet it put me mid pack instead of being last. I don't think anyone was put in the correct spot.
I will play around with the settings and test some more things out for the next endurance race.

Congratulations on your win. You had a good battle going on for the whole race. It was very enjoyable to watch.

Like most others, I didn't practice for the race and had no clue as to how long the viper would run on gas and tires until the qualifying session. I ran the race on three pitstops with one at the beginning to fix damaged to the car sustained from contact going three wide off of the chicane. During the race I was going back and forth with Tatjana between pitstops and had timed my last stop just right to where I would overtake 7th position but in the end would end up 8th on the final lap. Overall it was a great race and competitive.

Yes we are. I was real happy with the turnout. I also learned some important things to avoid next time along with some bugs in the game. Thanks for joining us I was afraid you were going to miss it.

Evidently there is a bug still in the game and I wasn't aware of it until the race started. When setting the lobby to fastest first it doesn't do it.
I never even got on the track before the race and yet it put me mid pack instead of being last. I don't think anyone was put in the correct spot.
I will play around with the settings and test some more things out for the next endurance race.

Congratulations on your win. You had a good battle going on for the whole race. It was very enjoyable to watch.

Ah another bug to add to list! Not to worry though not sure grid position is too important in a race of this length.

Thanks it was enjoyable to race!!

Like most others, I didn't practice for the race and had no clue as to how long the viper would run on gas and tires until the qualifying session. I ran the race on three pitstops with one at the beginning to fix damaged to the car sustained from contact going three wide off of the chicane. During the race I was going back and forth with Tatjana between pitstops and had timed my last stop just right to where I would overtake 7th position but in the end would end up 8th on the final lap. Overall it was a great race and competitive.

Thinking about it not sure you can go in with a fixed strategy on these races, other than start on hards or soft and go of lean or fast. Too many variables, will I spin out, how hard will I have to battle, will I get damage, what is everyone doing etc, need to adjust through race and see how it all unfolds.

Either way I think everyone had a good race and looking forward to the next one!

Too many variables, will I spin out, how hard will I have to battle, will I get damage, what is everyone doing etc, need to adjust through race and see how it all unfolds.

Yep and I was changing the break balance through out the race going from -2 on the front breaks after fresh tires to +2 on the back when the tires worn down on the front.

I was disappointed that I had to drop out before the first lap but I expected and anticipated that I would probably have to. What I didn't expect was how much I would learn by watching everyone run for 1.5 hours. The different amount of strategies was eye opening and I didn't see two people using the same strategy the whole race.

@Cooper2k was racing with full red front tires at one point and doing better than I could ever do in that situation.

I watched @Alpha Cipher run 3 full laps with the fuel light on and almost no bar left on his gauge. When you crossed the finish line with 3 seconds left on the clock that forced everyone to do another lap and I just knew that cost him and he was going to run out of fuel. Somehow he managed to do another lap and ran out just inches before the finish line and held on to 2nd place as 3rd place was gaining on him fast. Amazing

Others were running RS most of the race and making them last. The same goes with others running RM. I knew you could do the whole race on RH and only stop 3 times but it wasn't the huge advantage I thought it would be for that long of a race.

A few times some people had a good amount of damage done to their cars yet they still continued on without losing a good race pace.

1st and 2nd place raced each other hard for almost the entire race with 3rd in that mix from time to time. 4th 5th & 6th were also locked together a lot and traded spots along with some paint but never anything dirty or to cause damage.

I look forward to doing another endurance race next month with everyone in a private lobby this time. Without a chat option in the open lobbies its just to hard and time consuming to keep typing and repeating the same stuff over and over everytime a new person jumped in. I feel bad that I had to kick some people out but they just were not going to play by our rules.

I really hope everyone enjoyed themselves and will look forward to racing with us again. It will be much better next time now that I know what bug and glitches to look out for at the same time understanding what everyone's few minor problems were.
I want to thank @TheColdWarriors and @Infineon for all their help in controlling other parts of this lobby and race.

@Rinsky - too bad you didn't get to race. I have run some endurance races in a league that I am in and can tell you that there is a bug concerning the tires that it shows when you are watching. The game will correctly show the tires that you start the race with, but if you change to a different tire later in the race, the game will continue to show that you are still on the original tire compound. This is only when viewing the race, the drivers will show the correct tire on their car.

I ran hard tires the entire race until the last stop. Because I had only a half of a stint to do, I took the soft tires. It would have been better to grab the medium I think, the soft were very worn for the last 3 laps. It was fun racing with @Cooper2k on the last stint. I was able to pass him when my tires were fresh, but lost the spot with 2 laps to go as they lost their grip. That is about as good as it gets.

@Rinsky - too bad you didn't get to race. I have run some endurance races in a league that I am in and can tell you that there is a bug concerning the tires that it shows when you are watching. The game will correctly show the tires that you start the race with, but if you change to a different tire later in the race, the game will continue to show that you are still on the original tire compound. This is only when viewing the race, the drivers will show the correct tire on their car.

I ran hard tires the entire race until the last stop. Because I had only a half of a stint to do, I took the soft tires. It would have been better to grab the medium I think, the soft were very worn for the last 3 laps. It was fun racing with @Cooper2k on the last stint. I was able to pass him when my tires were fresh, but lost the spot with 2 laps to go as they lost their grip. That is about as good as it gets.

All these bugs are very annoying and continue to still be part of the game update after update and patch after patch. Thank you for reminding of that because I completely forgot about that bug until you said something.

Thank you for joining the race. I hope you had a good time and will consider racing with us in the next endurance race.

I am FURIOUS that I didn't see this thread until now. I would have LOVED to do this. Gr4 at Interlagos is one of my favorite events...

Damn.

We are going to do another one but it probably won't be at Interlagos.

Thank you. Now hurry up and get over here so we can get Car of the Week going again on Tuesday's

Working on it!

tenor.gif

SATURDAY MAY 5th

We will be hosting our next 1.5 hour Gr.4 Endurance race on Saturday May 5th

For this event Everyone who finished on the lead lap at the last endurance race will not be given the new track location until your in the lobby on race day.
Anyone that finished a lap or more down will be given the next track location along with the track time.
This way all you lead drivers will be on the same even playing field and the other drivers will have a chance to practice and make it more competitive for them.

Only 1 Spots remain open.
You also have 11 Gr.4 cars that remain available to choose from.
Just post here that your interested in pre-registering along with an available Gr.4 car that you wish to use. You will keep this car for every race you do.

Important changes made to the next endurance race.

A. We will be going to a private lobby from now on.

B. As much as I like grid starts we are going to go to rolling starts to limit people getting damage in T1.

C. Host set's the Grid and it will be based on your FL in qualifying.

All times are US. Daylight Savings Eastern Standard Time.
Please check to make sure your local time corresponds with the event times.

1. Private Lobby opens at 7:00pm along with Practice/ Qualifying for everyone who has pre-registered.
You must use the car you signed up with for the entire event and everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.

2. At 7:45pm Practice/Qualifying session ends. A Pre Race Check will take place at this time to make sure everyone is in their correct cars.

3. A Short 15 minute break will also take place before racing starts. Please take this time to get yourself ready for the next 1.5 hours.

4. At 8:00pm the 1hr 30 min endurance race starts.

I will post the room ID # on here once the lobby is up and going.

Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.

Anyone caught cheating, racing dirty or not following the rules will be kicked from the lobby. It's something I must say but has not been a problem with the outstanding group of racers listed below.

Race Information -
1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice/Qualifying session
Track: ?
In game track time: ?
Fastest First set by host
Class Gr4 BOP on with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Hard to Race Soft tires only.
Fuel X4 & Tire wear X6
No assist but ABS
Damage on heavy
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
All penalties set on Strong
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off - Lap cars are still ghost
Rolling Start -

Here is the list of Cars & Members that are signed up for the next endurance race.

Lamborghini - TheColdWarriors
Porsche - RINSKY
Ferrari - Infineon
Viper - racer233
Hyundai - Paulzx
GTR - tatjana001
Lexus - Alpha Cipher
Jaguar - Magrathea_42
Mazda - Venster
Toyota 86 - Cooper2k
McLaren - JohnPaul224
NSX - Clean Racer
Corvette C7 - G-rat5960
Subaru - bloodyboyblue
Megane - steviea712

Last edited:
I would like to sign up for the May 5th race. My PSN is G-rat5960

If available my car of choice will be the Chevrolet Corvette C7.

Sorry if I missed it, but what time zone? Thanks.

Last edited:
I would like to sign up for the May 5th race. My PSN is G-rat5960

If available my car of choice will be the Chevrolet Corvette C7.

Sorry if I missed it, but what time zone? Thanks.

Welcome. The corvette is available and it's yours. I will send you a friend request tomorrow when I get home.

All times are US. Daylight Savings Eastern Standard Time.

I’d like to join if possible, the Subaru is conveniently available and that’s my favourite car in the game. As long as you’re not doing this at one of the Tokyo Expressways. Then I’ll wait till next month

Back