Fun Times in Tokyo

• Thread starter goeat
  • 5 comments
Here it goes…100 laps around Tokyo, one of my favorite tracks in my Denso Sard :)
After checking out the competition, I confirmed that I would be driving my Denso, and hit the tracks to see how I would fare. I bought some T2 super slicks for all four corners, took off all of my superfluous power add-ons, topped off my oil, and headed to free run to make some settings. Based on Fumes' settings at GT3 Tuner’s Vault I made some good modifications, and then I went to run a few laps on the actual race to see how I would do. By the end of 6 laps I was head-to-head with the two other NSX’s that were racing, and decided that this was going to be an awesome race, and make time for the weekend to run the actual race.

The weekend

I hopped in my Denso and headed out to the track again, restored the settings (I didn’t save before) put on T3 Slicks to have a more competitive pit schedule, and entered the grid in sixth place. Something was missing, but I couldn’t point it out until lap 10. I easily…too easily…took the pole in the second lap with the other Denso and the Raybrig nibbling at my heels, and by the time I pitted I was up by a good five seconds over the other racers, nowhere near as close as the race I had run earlier. In Lap 10 the Denso gave me the only run for my money in the race when I came out from the pits only a few inches in front of him, and he drafted ahead of me to take first just before turn 3. I quickly took it back on the straightaway for the next lap, and it was clear sailing from there.

On Lap 16 I got really tired for some reason, so I took a nap and then went to my schools football game, which was great…close game…but that’s another story. I resumed later that night for a little while, taking the lap countage to 38, with the oil light coming on somewhere in the 20s (I had run the car a little before the race and forgot the change the oil, stupid, but I guess it made me more competitive…)

Pretty much nothing happened until I passed the Calsonic Skyline and the Loctite GT-R in the 30s, and it got a little more animated in the sixtys where I caught up to the second, third and fourth place folk.

I caught the Raybrig NSX on lap 65 when he pitted, and he passed me again the next lap when I pit. I passed the Loctite again on 64 and the Calsonic on 63 in a few no-effort laps, and I caught back up to the Raybrig as he pitted on lap 71, and continued on to pass up the Denso as he meandered around the first turn on lap 72.

I pitted at the end of lap 72, the Denso followed suit, and I emerged just before the Raybrig. The Raybrig drafted me for the next two laps gnawing at my heels, but the Denso fell behind since it missed the Raybrig’s draft as it came out of the pits. On Lap 75 the Raybrig missed my draft at the exit of turn one, so the Raybrig and the Denso were far behind by the end of that lap, securing their +1 lap position.

I pitted on lap 78, giving the Raybrig a chance to pass me and redeem himself, but he just follows me in, and the Denso wasn’t too far behind as I entered turn one, but he missed the draft again at the exit of turn 1, screwing himself and the Raybrig, who was now too far behind to catch a draft.

I passed the Calsonic and Loctite on lap 89, they passed me again when I pitted, and we met again on lap 92 when I destroyed them on the last U onto the straightaway.

I surprised myself when on laps 93 and 94 I make runs in the high 1’33 range, and it was clear sailing when I zoomed through the finish line at 165’53.881, or 2 Hours 45 minutes, 53.881 seconds.

The Raybrig and Denso finish +1 at second and third, respectively, the Arta comes in at fourth with +2 laps, and the Calsonic and Loctite bring up the rear with +3 laps.

"Goandeatsomestuff makes a spectacular finish, making away with 400,000 credits, invaluable knowledge of every inch of r246, and a nice shiny yellow F094/H ready to kick ass at the Polyphony Digital Cup" (If he can ever find time…)

Here are the numbers:

Car: Denso Sard Supra GT
HP at start: 467
HP at end: 455
Mods: Oil Change; Medium-Slick Racing Tires; better wheels (c’mon guys, red wheels are pretty queer)
Best track times: 1:33.853(Lap 63)
Oil Light on at: somewhere in the 20s
Pit Schedule: roughly every 6-9 laps, very non-consistent
Results:
Me (Denso Sard) 2:45’53.881.
Calsonic Skyline? +3
Denso Sard Supra? +1
Arta NSX? +2
Raybrig NSX? +1
Loctite Zexel GT-R? +3

It was a fun race, a little long but still good. I’d like to know if anyone has managed to run a closer race? I had more than my share of crappy laps but it still wasn’t as close as I would have liked it, so any recommendations for a better car/settings for this race to narrow the gap would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Over and out…goandeatsomestuff

for anyone who cares/wants to do this too, here are the settings I used, turned out I just used Fumes' off of GT3 Vault, so huge props to him for making an awesome setup

spring 17.5/17.5
height 46/50
bound 7/5
rebound 5/7
camber 3.0/1.0
toe -0.5/0.0
stabil 4/4

brakes 17/13

lsd
initial 0/10
accel 0/50
decel 0/11

Auto 35

downforce 1.00/1.25
asm 0
tcs 4

-goandeatsomestuff

Goeat: Very nice. Descriptive and informing.

Welcome aboard GTPlanet. Hope you enjoy your stay.

If you'd like to check out my write-up of this race, take a read of this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-23343.html

I think I was a bit faster than you, but still suffered the same fate. "Nice battle until lap 15 or so" then pit schedule paid off.

👍

AO

Originally posted by Der Alta
Goeat: Very nice. Descriptive and informing.

Welcome aboard GTPlanet. Hope you enjoy your stay.

If you'd like to check out my write-up of this race, take a read of this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-23343.html

I think I was a bit faster than you, but still suffered the same fate. "Nice battle until lap 15 or so" then pit schedule paid off.

👍

AO

i had already read your (Del Alta) article a bit before starting the race, and thats why I decided to use the Denso instead of the Calsonic because of the lead you had.

But a stock tire race might be interesting, or maybe some medium-softs instead 💡

-goandeatsomestuff

Back