Funny Pic Thread (Episode V: The PIXXORZ Strike Back)

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 2,014 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
I still have an extremely large Lego collection. But there's no such thing as "Legos".

Peter

(Banned)
pj-gm
lol not happening
11924288371nd5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex.

FEED ME PEOPLE
Premium
England
Northamptonshire
AlexGibbo27
I agree with Famine. It's not as if when you buy a box of lego there is only going to be one block in it...

Famine

Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
"Legos" is a portmanteau of Lego Bricks.

1 piece of Lego.
2 or more pieces of Lego.

"Bricks" doesn't enter into the above, so nor should the hideously uncomfortable "Legos". By preserving the adjective, you preserve the trademark - lest it fall the way of "hoover", "band-aid" and "frisbee".

Jay

  
Premium
Australia
Australia
VIPERGTS01
Funny thing is I never even heard anyone say "Legos" until I found the internet.

Speedy Samurai

Speedium
Premium
Australia
Sydney
Gai-Gun
Except that "Strength" isn't spelled like that and there's no such sodding thing as "Legos".

Maybe I have been in japan too long and my english has completely left me but what is wrong with the spelling of the word 'strength' in that sentence?

TB

Watching. Waiting.
United States
NoDak
Cy-Fi
Jay
Funny thing is I never even heard anyone say "Legos" until I found the internet.
That's because "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals."

The internet is full of people. Myself included.
Edit:
what is wrong with the spelling of the word 'strength' in that sentence?
They reversed the t and h.

Omnis

Not Even A Real Mod
Staff Emeritus
United States
Application hell
MP-Omnis
1 piece of Lego.
2 or more pieces of Lego.

"Bricks" doesn't enter into the above, so nor should the hideously uncomfortable "Legos". By preserving the adjective, you preserve the trademark - lest it fall the way of "hoover", "band-aid" and "frisbee".

How about this justification: when people colloquially say "Legos", they are actually saying "Lego's" as in Lego's bricks.

Anyway, in America there will always be Legos.

Famine

Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
How about this justification: when people colloquially say "Legos", they are actually saying "Lego's" as in Lego's bricks.

If anyone who'd actually say "Legos" out loud knew how to use a possessive apostrophe, I'd be half tempted to believe it.

daan

Salut Gilles
Scotland
Scotland
GTP_daan
Omnis - Wrong since 2005

I've been to Legoland Windsor, and the miniatures there are awesome. I love how all the signs and statues and stuff in the entrance/exit are all made of legos.

:dopey:

Peter

(Banned)
pj-gm
lol not happening
The mods are doing a good job at keeping this thread on-topic, aren't they?

Famine

Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
I'm sure you can post an image from 4Chan which sums that up.

Peter

(Banned)
pj-gm
lol not happening
What's up with all this about me on 4chan? I've never been there, and i'm not going to pay a visit there anytime soon.

It's not bad, I go there when extremely bored. What they talk about are overused and not funny anymore memes that keep rising from the was funny 10 years ago grave.

Australia
South Australia
GTP_Legendary724
Legendary724
2k posts and over the last few days all is arguments. I have hardly seen any funnys lately. The above picture is pretty good though. Maybe it should be time to make a fresh start on episode VI?

TB

Watching. Waiting.
United States
NoDak
Cy-Fi
I can't imagine a new thread will change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.