Funny Pic Thread (Episode V: The PIXXORZ Strike Back)

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 2,014 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
legoy.png

Just The Facts

1. NASCAR consists of driving in a small circle several hundred times, which people somehow screw up. Possibly through boredom.
2. NASCAR drivers are paid up to $200 every time they turn left, and scraped onto a stretcher every time they don't.
3. Systems built to keep NASCAR drivers (and fans) alive are a worse attack on evolution than Intelligent Design.

1. NASCAR consists of driving in a small circle several hundred times, which people somehow screw up. Possibly through boredom.

Or possibly because they drive heavy, 800-hp V8 monsters with no electronic aids and skinny tyres. On sometimes bumpy bankings.

3. Systems built to keep NASCAR drivers (and fans) alive are a worse attack on evolution than Intelligent Design.

...no comment.

Or possibly because they drive heavy, 800-hp V8 monsters with no electronic aids and skinny tyres. On sometimes bumpy bankings.

If i'm corret, NASCAR's have power steering because it's too hard to steer.

I believe the cars are deliberately designed to move right when under acceleration, making it harder and more demanding on the drivers to turn left. That's right, NASCAR can't even build their cars properly.

I believe the cars are deliberately designed to move right when under acceleration, making it harder and more demanding on the drivers to turn left. That's right, NASCAR can't even build their cars properly.

Don't NASCAR cars have a wheel differential or something though? I always thought NASCAR cars and Indycars at oval circuits had an in-build wheel stagger or differential which made the front wheel have an offset slightly to the left so that the car wouldn't pull to the right. Could be horribly wrong though...

Don't NASCAR cars have a wheel differential or something though? I always thought NASCAR cars and Indycars at oval circuits had an in-build wheel stagger or differential which made the front wheel have an offset slightly to the left so that the car wouldn't pull to the right. Could be horribly wrong though...

Nope, normally they are adjusted to actually support turning left (through camber, shocks etc), thus requiring the drivers to steer right just to go straight.

:lol:

Turn 3 is my favorite.

Except it is a bit of a tasteless dig into Dale Earnhardt's fatal accident at Daytona, since he was known as "The Intimidator." I LOL'd at first, then saw the connection. Still funny, though, in a tasteless sort of way.

Not a NASCAR fan at all, and pretty much in agreement with the entire pic.

Just The Facts

2. NASCAR drivers are paid up to $200 every time they turn left, and scraped onto a stretcher every time they don't.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but either way that is HIGHLY offensive.👎👎

What happened to Humor?

Grow a thicker skin and figure out that you can laugh at the guy in the mirror once in a while.

So I'm supposed to laugh at someone calling me a brain dead idiot?

I do laugh when people make jokes about us(NASCAR fans) being rednecks, but calling us brain dead and saying the fences are a "worse attack on evolution than Intelligent Design" is just too far in my opinion.

I could crack a joke about weight lifting but I won't because I have this thing called respect, which also seems to have dissapeared.

Last edited:
The key word here is 'joke'.
I've got a size seven, bolded font around here somewhere to help emphasize that.

As for the Bodybuilding/Weight Lifting joke, do your worst. Just keep some semblence of taste.

As for respect, I have a pretty clear understanding that Nascar is Considerably more than "Go Fast, Turn Left". As such, I can see the simplified and overly sarcastic tones inherant in the post to turn it into humor.

The key word in my post was "too far".

He also said "facts" before he listed things implying he wasn't joking.
Yet he posted it in a "Funny Pictures" Thread. Now if he had posted it in a thread in the Opinions forum, that'd be another story.

So your defending a tasteless pic by saying keep a semblence of taste?

Also, I remember somewhere in the AUP it says something about not offending a person or group, but I'm not sure.

I really fail to see the offense in that. It doesn't talk about your heritage, your racial background, your country, your girlfriend, Minnesota, or your momma. It talks about a "sport" and to a lesser extent, its fans. In a very highly stereotyped way.

Nobody's calling you out because you're a NASCAR fan.

It's like blonde jokes, or cop-and-donut jokes. It's based on an exaggerated stereotype, and the exaggeration makes the funny. Really.

Are we going to have to split off another thread so we can discuss the penalties of calling somebody a NASCAR fan????

OTOH, the level of offense you seem to take from it kinda sorta makes the point, if you see what I'm getting at there.

Just The Facts

Wow. If it weren't for that [/sarcasm] tag in your sig, I might think you were serious. Good thing that's there.

In a very highly stereotyped way.

To me, not a NASCAR fan, it seems to be written in a "haha j/k...not really" way. It's like somebody trying to pass off an insult through a joke. It was probably made to irritate NASCAR fans, possibly by a snobbish F1 fan.

To me, not a NASCAR fan, it seems to be written in a "haha j/k...not really" way. It's like somebody trying to pass off an insult through a joke. It was probably made to irritate NASCAR fans, possibly by a snobbish F1 fan.

It's from Cracked, a site who's sole purpose is to make fun of anything it possibly can. I'm sure if you dig deep enough you'll find an article about other kinds of racing.

From,
Chris.

A huge lol at the "available online for free" picture. So sad, but it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back