Funny Pic Thread (Episode V: The PIXXORZ Strike Back)

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 2,014 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
situation.gif

Just The Facts

1. NASCAR consists of driving in a small circle several hundred times, which people somehow screw up. Possibly through boredom.
2. NASCAR drivers are paid up to $200 every time they turn left, and scraped onto a stretcher every time they don't.
3. Systems built to keep NASCAR drivers (and fans) alive are a worse attack on evolution than Intelligent Design.

:lol:

Being a NASCAR fan myself, I find this pretty funny :lol:

The oval vs F1 debate in terms of driver skill is always ongoing, on the sim level i can say that a good road course driver can adapt to ovals and be quite fast, however its a totally different way of driving and does take some time and skill to learn, but it uses all the skills the road racer has learnt. On the other hand an oval racer cant just simply walk into a road racing event and be fast, so many skills in road racing are used that oval drivers do not need and thus the transition is so much harder and barely any can do it.

Thats my take on it from a world class Sim Racing point of view.

As for the pic i enjoy it and did laugh, but i do respect the top nascar drivers.. while not having driven them in real life ive done the next closest and raced the top oval simulators online against some of the very best..

The oval vs F1 debate in terms of driver skill is always ongoing, on the sim level i can say that a good road course driver can adapt to ovals and be quite fast, however its a totally different way of driving and does take some time and skill to learn, but it uses all the skills the road racer has learnt. On the other hand an oval racer cant just simply walk into a road racing event and be fast, so many skills in road racing are used that oval drivers do not need and thus the transition is so much harder and barely any can do it.

Wait. Wasn't it the other way around? :odd: I'm sure I have read various people comments in this forum that say that.

Wait. Wasn't it the other way around? :odd: I'm sure I have read various people comments in this forum that say that.
Multiple NASCAR drivers have entered into endurance road races for things like the Daytona 24 Hours and done very well. There have been professional drivers from both forms switch to the other and both directions have their successes and failures.

Then you get IRL stars like Dario Franchiti and Sam Hornish Jr. who are floundering in NASCAR, but did very well racing Indy Cars... Weird.

Thats my take on it from a world class Sim Racing point of view.

As for the pic i enjoy it and did laugh, but i do respect the top nascar drivers.. while not having driven them in real life ive done the next closest and raced the top oval simulators online against some of the very best..
Really? Because Jeff Gordan seemed to be pretty fast in a F1 car.
He had reason to smile. On the second-lap of the second segment, having mastered the luxury of traction control and precision braking, Gordon laid down a lap just 1.3 seconds slower than Montoya's best of the day in the same car.

She's called Lucy Pinder. Google her if you are old enough for that sort of thing.

There are underage Premium members, so I can't see a problem in googling this woman. ;)

You do have a naked chicks thread there, right?

Absolutely. 👍

It's been merged with the Class-A drug use thread and the Credit Card Fraud Club thread.

Absolutely. 👍

It's been merged with the Class-A drug use thread and the Credit Card Fraud Club thread.

Yeah, we have our Web .20 Monetization Thread, where the only thing better than money and stuff is getting money and stuff at the same time.

cybering? In a website where 95% of the users are men?

Do people still cyber? That's so 1999

OK, I think this discussion is headed into the wrong sort of territory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back