Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 49,303 comments
I don't get the point of the falling rocks sign. You can prepare for most of the things that the triangular warning signs mention but what can you do about falling rocks?

There is a bench where rocks could be falling down. It is dangerous and stupid to put a bench where rocks are falling down.
They know that rocks could be falling down and still there is a bench.

Assuming that sign could possible be situated on an incline of some sorts, i'm failing to see the funny connection. If anything i'd say it's thoughtful.
The bench presents no more danger than the path being there in the first place. The sign just appears be telling you to be mindful when sitting down to take a rest, so maybe don't sit there to rest for any great length of time.

Last edited:
It's not the sign. Again, it is the fact that there is a bench where you could get hurt by falling rocks. Nobody in his right mind puts a bench where you could get rocks on your head and my comment below the pictures is also part of it being funny.

No, I still don't see the funny aspect to it.
You could potentially get hit by falling rocks by just walking along the path. And again, i'd argue that it's thoughtful to have both the bench and sign, if that stretch is indeed on some kind of incline.
So not stupid or silly imho.

Let me rephrase it: the comment below the pic is the funny part. Not the sign, not the bench and falling rocks that could fall on the bench or on the people sitting there but the fact that it is only possible in Belgium what makes it so stupid/funny. It is kind of "mock my own nationality". BTW, it is probably in the Ardens which makes it even more funnier. :D

I still don't get it. Why make the point of the hazard warning sign being the joke/funny thing, but now the emphasis is where all this is?
It's lost on me.

Enough arguing, time for funny photos
6mlgKki.png

Itmlkjs.jpeg

39pT6QK.jpeg

Back