Funny/Strange News Stories

Screenshot_20210702-074559_Chrome.jpg

I picture Dale pulling out an issue of SI that features him on the cover.

Admiral McRaven has a similar story in which he was late to a meeting with the president, but upon exiting after gave the guard a challenge coin because they did exactly what they were supposed to do.

In today's "Utah, Not the Onion"

They're seriously charging a 19 year old with a hate crime for stomping on a "back the blue" sign. I think NWA said it best with "🤬 the police coming straight from the underground".

Not really sure what category this one fits in, but this story has really evolved quite a bit. It started with a state representative in Minnesota getting pulled over for not having a front license plate, which he claimed was really racial profiling. It than was revealed he presented a Wisconsin license that was actually suspended in MN. This caused people to start looking into his history to see where he actually lived and it was revealed he has several arrests for domestic violence. So instead of just paying a small fine and his overdue child support he is now facing calls to resign from both sides.

Last edited:

Not funny. Not strange, but rare.

Oysters, clams and other beach lifeforms died massively in the recent heat wave which also affected the beaches of Hood Canal, Washington State, where my fishing cabin is. The event released a horrible stench which lasted for many days. Less than half these lifeforms seem to have survived on my beach. Most are calling this heat event evidence of climate change. Cliff Mass, a celebrity professor of meteorology at the University of Washington, has come under criticism for insisting otherwise.

Last edited:
For his friend who died of cancer, a man rode on his moped to "tour" UK towns and villages with naughty names.

BBC.

My kind of a guy.

His epic journey ended in Bell End. Kinda appropriate, I think.

Last edited:
This has to be a lie!

It is true. From the little I read about it yesterday, there may be some funny business between McDonald's corporate and Taylor (the company that makes the ice cream machines). Apparently, McDonald's corporate and Taylor may have some kind of setup for corporate to get some kickbacks via Taylor exclusively servicing the machines. Most of the issues with the machines are minor, but franchisee are not allowed to fix them.

It is true. From the little I read about it yesterday, there may be some funny business between McDonald's corporate and Taylor (the company that makes the ice cream machines). Apparently, McDonald's corporate and Taylor may have some kind of setup for corporate to get some kickbacks via Taylor exclusively servicing the machines. Most of the issues with the machines are minor, but franchisee are not allowed to fix them.
Exclusive service contracts for leased equipment is nothing new, and as much as those ice cream and milkshake machines get used it's no surprise they need a lot of maintenence, but if there is evidence of reciprocation between the two companies then that would definitely raise some red flags. And with "right to repair" being a hot issue in the consumer goods sector as of late, I can see why this is getting more attention right now.

Back