Funny/Strange News Stories

Trainee planning department employee in Kent mistakes live planning applications for test environment, creates legally binding planning decisions to deny a charity planning permission on the grounds of "your proposal is whack, no proper whack mate", and approve a pub extension because "Incy. Wincey. Spider.":

Trainee planning department employee in Kent mistakes live planning applications for test environment, creates legally binding planning decisions to deny a charity planning permission on the grounds of "your proposal is whack, no proper whack mate", and approve a pub extension because "Incy. Wincey. Spider.":

£8,000 to fix? Presumably most of that is legal fees. That'll look good on Jack-the-lad's CV.

Last edited:

Bonus points for the bureaucracy of requiring a legal process even when all sides acknowledge there was clearly a mistake

Sheffield Council cancels Roy 'Chubby' Brown's gig for not upholding its standards...... Really?
Not entirely, no.

Sheffield City Trust, which is a charity, cancelled his booking for their gig at Sheffield City Hall - which the Trust manages. Sheffield City Council, which is the council, is only involved because someone asked them for a statement for some reason.

To be fair to Royston though, his act does meet the standards of the Trust's charter to preserve things of historical interest.

I don't think bacon is cut that close to the skin, is it? Anyway, McDonald's use back bacon, which comes from the saddle area, nowhere near the nipples.

However, in order to answer to @TB's question about what is a bacon roll, that's easy - it's a thing of beauty. Best as a sandwich with fresh bread after a heavy night on the booze, it's the ultimate Saturday or Sunday morning pick-me-up; however, as McD don't do loaves they have to use buns.

I will say though that tomato ketchup is the stuff of Satan, and the only condiment that should be in a bacon roll is brown sauce, and even then only HP sauce.

1631826118298.png

Edit: But we've had this discussion before on these forums, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
I don't think bacon is cut that close to the skin, is it?
Some higher quality producers do rind cuts. It's not uncommon for them to end up in pots of beans or greens.

I wouldn't doubt lower quality producers that supply fast food chains also do rind cuts, though a cut that resulted in an entire nipple rather than a cross section strikes me as a little odd. I suspect this was a mishap, that's already rare enough, that just slipped through inspection.

A few years back there was a similar story that featured an uncooked thick-sliced belly section that still had the nipple attached, but it was a cut through the skin and layers of fat and muscle like you usually expect from belly. I'd go find the picture and post it but I know not everyone is comfortable with recognizing meat as animals as I am. It should be easy enough for anyone to locate.

Its when you get Pork Scratchings with the hair on them, how anyone can eat them anyway, but hairy pig skin is a no go for me.

Man, I haven't had bacon for three days now. Can't face it any more until the memory of this post fades. 🤢

So when does one realize that the race is taking over twice as long as it should be.

Edit: Okay, it would be at the end, but there must have been some doubts about the distance along the way.

Last edited:
So when does one realize that the race is taking over twice as long as it should be.

Edit: Okay, it would be at the end, but there must have been some doubts about the distance along the way.
He must have thought he was just really slow, so it must have come as a shock when he realised he had won.

It's Wonkette, so while the story is true, it's delivered with a healthy dose of satire. Minor language warning for the article. Very minor. I'm pretty sure it's entirely passable here, but better safe than sorry.

It's embedded in the article, but here's the ad. It's entertaining.

It was obviously too much for Monica Cole, but that's no great accomplishment. The bigoted broad was deeply offended by a Cheerios commercial featuring a mixed-race family.

Back