Future Racing Game???

• Thread starter Jon
  • 8 comments

Jon

(Banned)
In the GT3 Forum everyone is talking about NOS systems in GT3. NO NO!! That is not right. Using NOS systems in a racing game on a track. I think that someone should come out with a game like the fast and the furious. Illegal Street Racing. Have the cops try to catch you and everything. Be able to hide out in warehouses and being able to build your car from scratch. I don't know what all of you think but I think that would be great.

I agree with the fact that it was lousy, but it had good intentions. It basically encompassed the entire city in each level (dumbed down yes) but it did have warehouses that you could enter.
With the idea of Driver, how you could duck away to avoid the cops (when they weren't already chasing you), it adds a nice element of "out of site, out of mind"
Add in Tokyo XR zero's format and you have a good game.
And Nitrous Oxide. Unfortunately, they'll just call it "turbos" anyway, and we know it.:(

The best racing game ever would probably be a cross between GT2, GT3, TXR, Midnight Club and Midtown Madness.

The cars from GT2, graphics from GT3, bodykits and street racing from TXR, nitros and stunts from Midnight Club and the skidmarks and mundane cars from MM.

Options to race on the track or on the road would be cool. Imagine taking your tuned Viper to Grand Valley, and on the way racing a couple of Civics on the freeway!

Or being neck and neck on the Test Course and firing off a nitro to pull ahead!

Possibly an Arcade mode including a police chase option like on NFS4.

A Colin McRae Rally 2-style rally mode would complete the package.:D

Welcome to GTPlanet. I hope you enjoy it here as much as we do. That is a good opinion to. Thanks.:cool: :D :) :( :embarrassed: :P

IMAO, the only two PS2 racing games that are worthwhile are GT3 (duh!) and TXR. Maybe a hybrid; race the track for $$$ and streets for prestige, which in turn results in discounts and/or otherwise unavailable mods to do better at the track...

Originally posted by Tazz575
In the GT3 Forum everyone is talking about NOS systems in GT3. NO NO!! That is not right. Using NOS systems in a racing game on a track. I think that someone should come out with a game like the fast and the furious. Illegal Street Racing. Have the cops try to catch you and everything. Be able to hide out in warehouses and being able to build your car from scratch. I don't know what all of you think but I think that would be great.
The Fast and the Furious, what a great movie! Wait another year and it will be a hot game.

Back