G27 wheel problems

• Thread starter DVB
  • 19 comments

DVB

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
dvblack
Hi
I am currently using a gtff wheel and doing reasonable times on gt5 nurburgring with the clk.
I have just ordered a G27 and am waiting for delivery but now i am reading about problems with the G27 losing its centre as in having to turn the wheel to keep in a straight line .... can anyone help with this.

Thanks

That only happens if the wheel gets damaged. Just avoid the x2010 and f2010 cause they eat up wheels

First time i hear about the losing center problem. As far as i know Logitech wheels have a quite good reputation for durability. My DFP that i bought around the time GT4 came out is still working fine and G serries controllers are supposed to be of higher quality.

I have also wondered. But can messing with the camber of the car that you're driving also effects the way the G27 wheel tries to stay straight? I dont have a G27 nor have I tried one but I've read so many conflicts in this case with G25/G27 wheels.

I've never heard of this problem. My G27 works great, and Logitech warranty support is awesome anyway. Bottom line is, don't worry about it.

I think he isn't talking about the shaking of the wheel with some cars like the X2010. Atleast with DFP even the violent shaking has never had any lasting effects on the wheel. I have had to turn the force feedback down sometimes but that has been to protect my wrists more than the wheel. :)

I have to say here that I have only very limited experience with the G27 wheel though and that was on GTR2 and not GT5. It had a lot smoother feel to it than the DFP. Also the materials and construction felt superior to DFP.

Don't worry about it. It only affects a few models, and only if they said model is heavily abused. What happens is the screw for the sensor motor gets loose when driving cars like the X2010 a lot with a high FFB. The fix for this is quite easy. I know, I've done it and my wheels is back to being great again

My G27 is almost a year old now and I've been playing GT5 each and every day since its release (yeah I know, there is life outside...) and the onl;y probleme i got with it was the gears starting to whine a little to much to my taste, so I open it up, and put high temps industrial grease (resist up to 1200°) and since then its quieter than new :)

Zero problems with my G27 and my wife drove the X2010 a lot (until I bought her a DFGT and a Playseat). We've used the wheel pretty much every day since GT5 was released.

PS. I've never had an issue with the Ferrari F1 cars either.

That only happens if the wheel gets damaged. Just avoid the x2010 and f2010 cause they eat up wheels

This isn't true anymore. The severe 'rattle' or 'chatter' has been patched. Go enjoy your f07/f10/x10. i have 👍

As for the wheel losing center, a guy on my BList has this problem. he said it happened because he drift's too much.

Almost a year of use on mine and still goin strong. Actually never heard of this problem before. The way it calibrates every time its used makes me wonder how it would get off-center. Hasn't gotten any louder either. I guess the only problem i have noticed, is that the leather shifter boot has a hole in it.

I have not only heard of the problem, but I had it! Bought my wheel on Amazon found that after playing for a bit it would go off centre. Happened from Day 1. Workaround was to pause -> unplug USB from PS3 -> re-plug USB & allow it to calibrate, then all good.

Problem was worse with Rallying and higher-powered cars.

After getting sick of it, and speaking with Logitech, Amazon agreed to a replacement, which has been fine ever since.

Logitech's support was awesome, and Amazon's returns policy was great. As long as you get it from a reputable retailer, you should be fine.

I have a DFGT and I have force feedback at around 8 and I have no problems. I think what it is, DFGT has been designed to work properly with all the cars in GT5 from day one while the G27 was based around PC games and wasn't designed to take such strong feedback.

I have a DFGT and I have force feedback at around 8 and I have no problems. I think what it is, DFGT has been designed to work properly with all the cars in GT5 from day one while the G27 was based around PC games and wasn't designed to take such strong feedback.

This is pure speculation. Being the G27 is a higher model, I would expect it to be at least as durable if not more so.

As far as I know the ff system in G27 is stronger than in DFP and DFGT. Don't know how much the GT5 uses it though.

I think the actual physical mechanisms are stronger, but I think the amount of FF the wheel produces is weaker, or at least that is what I felt when I switched from DFP to G27. It might be better now after Spec 2.0, but I would have to play both wheels back to back to be sure. I definitely like the feel of the G27 better and it is pretty beefy. My wife likes that it is a lot quieter.

Thannks to all who replied .. My wheel has been delivered and is pretty good , my nurb time in the clk went from a 6.03 to a 5 .55 still some more in there though

There was no support for the G27 up untill the Spec 2.0 update. I have one and it has been flawless since. You shoule be fine.

Back