g923 with GT Sport - Physical brake input of ~70% equates to 100% in-game

• Thread starter Guv
  • 19 comments

Guv

Australia
Australia
I've just got the g923 running with GT Sport and everything is working right, except for the brake pedal reading by GT Sport.

~70% brake pedal input (just before the physical harder progressive spring starts) equates to 100% in game.
It should be 1:1 ratio with just the full physical depress to register at 100% brake force in-game.

Testing with Grid 2 and G-Hub, it is 1:1, so it's only GT Sport that is multiplying the input, or not registering the full travel.

I tried adjusting the wheel/pedal settings with G-Hub, however they didn't save to the devices, GT Sport seems to have it's own exclusive config.

I've tried calibration by stomping on the pedal to 100% after plugging into the PS4 and also once the GT Sport menu loads, however to no avail.

Any help?

Thanks

When the wheel is connected to a Windows device (with drivers installed etc) do the pedals looks like they are calibrating properly?

When the wheel is connected to a Windows device (with drivers installed etc) do the pedals looks like they are calibrating properly?
Yes, works perfectly on computer, and on Grid 2 on PS4.

Only GT Sport has the issue.

Guv
GT Sport seems to have it's own exclusive config.
This could be the case as people with the G29 have exactly the same issue when they remove the rubber stopper. It is kind of odd that this wasn't picked up by either Logitech or PD when GT Sport was updated for the G923, if this is in fact the case.

Any thoughts @Outspacer? Seems odd that this new wheel base would be running the same brake set up firmware as the G29 when this new one was designed with a progressive spring. Could the fault be with GTS? I can't recall if you and Podger ever came up with a definitive answer to the G29 problem of whether it was a wheel base or game issue, just that you made an excellent work around mod.

@LOGI_Rich any ideas?

This could be the case as people with the G29 have exactly the same issue when they remove the rubber stopper. It is kind of odd that this wasn't picked up by either Logitech or PD when GT Sport was updated for the G923, if this is in fact the case.

Any thoughts @Outspacer? Seems odd that this new wheel base would be running the same brake set up firmware as the G29 when this new one was designed with a progressive spring. Could the fault be with GTS? I can't recall if you and Podger ever came up with a definitive answer to the G29 problem of whether it was a wheel base or game issue, just that you made an excellent work around mod.

@LOGI_Rich any ideas?

This kind of has to be a GTS issue, but I'm not sure how! Even with the G29, GTS didn't need to do anything specific about the brake because it was handled in the wheel's firmware (basically, a hard-coded fixed calibration rather than dynamic). Of course that doesn't mean to say PD didn't apply some whacked out sensitivity curve and/or deadzone to it anyway, but it's really hard to pin down exactly what a game does since all you have to go on is its own graphic for the pedal.

This kind of has to be a GTS issue, but I'm not sure how! Even with the G29, GTS didn't need to do anything specific about the brake because it was handled in the wheel's firmware (basically, a hard-coded fixed calibration rather than dynamic). Of course that doesn't mean to say PD didn't apply some whacked out sensitivity curve and/or deadzone to it anyway, but it's really hard to pin down exactly what a game does since all you have to go on is its own graphic for the pedal.
There's seems to be something oddball with the whole way PD sets up it's calibration for all of the different wheel base/pedal combinations, varying from some being able to be calibrated externally only to some in game only and then there's Logitech with who knows what :lol:, so yeah you're probably right, it's a GTS issue. PD really needs to let us have more control of our own calibration settings.

So what I'm hearing is, I can't do anything unless PD does proper integration with the g923.

Lame PD! I bought the g923 as my first wheel just for GTS.

Please, please fix and at least get GT7 right with calibration options!!

What a crock, real driving simulator my arse.

Just to further diss on GTS, the accelerator input isn't 1:1 either, but I've seen that discussed elsewhere.
Basically ~75% physical input only does 50% in-game, and the last 25% input does the remaining throttle in-game up to 100%.

I'm getting frustrated, may as well go for a real world drive...

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be that they've somehow tied the two wheels together in the recent patch which has introduced this. I guess they're doing something with the G29 because of its reduced physical range compared to the G923, but it's still an unusual way of doing things. Normally, as you've seen with other games, they just accept the maximum axis value and map it accordingly. We've asked them if they might take another look at this but we'll have to see if they elect to update; as you're aware, they're very much "heads down" on GT7!

Guv
So what I'm hearing is, I can't do anything unless PD does proper integration with the g923.

Lame PD! I bought the g923 as my first wheel just for GTS.

Please, please fix and at least get GT7 right with calibration options!!

What a crock, real driving simulator my arse.

Just to further diss on GTS, the accelerator input isn't 1:1 either, but I've seen that discussed elsewhere.
Basically ~75% physical input only does 50% in-game, and the last 25% input does the remaining throttle in-game up to 100%.

I'm getting frustrated, may as well go for a real world drive...

Yep, I've always found GT disappointing to drive with a wheel and stuck with the pad. OTOH, at least a few people seem to get used to it and enjoy it, as you've probably seen in the throttle debates. For me though, it being so noticably different to other sims in this respect is enough to avoid it - I was happy to reserve the wheel for AC and PCars2 (was... I play on PC with VR now), which I have no problem switching between; they feel about the same as each other in terms of pedal calibration.

If you don't yet have AC, the Ultimate Edition is on sale now for a whopping £8.74 :)

Because of this nonsense I've retired GTS unless they fix.

If I adapted my pedal inputs to the GTS config I'd undo my real life driving skills, and I certainly don't want to do that.

Thinking of doing a PC set-up instead now.

...glad we could get them to address this for you.

Whatever pressure you put on PD to fix this is very much appreciated indeed!

:cheers:

Not tried my G29 yet, but I assume it's fixed on that pedal set too...

No, the G29 is not affected. 100% pressure is achieved when you reach the rubber block, so there's no point in pushing beyond it. Equally, if the rubber block was removed, the last centimeters of pedal travel won't achieve more braking.
If there was a setting for this, I would remove the rubber block and prefer more brake travel - at least I think that would be better. However, I'm at DR 35k (A) and brake feel is a non-issue, I have other issues in climbing further... :)
Also, a super fast driver with a G923 doesn't like the recent changes to the brake pedal, even though it's considered a "fix"...

Last edited:
Guv
I've just got the g923 running with GT Sport and everything is working right, except for the brake pedal reading by GT Sport.

~70% brake pedal input (just before the physical harder progressive spring starts) equates to 100% in game.
It should be 1:1 ratio with just the full physical depress to register at 100% brake force in-game.

Testing with Grid 2 and G-Hub, it is 1:1, so it's only GT Sport that is multiplying the input, or not registering the full travel.

I tried adjusting the wheel/pedal settings with G-Hub, however they didn't save to the devices, GT Sport seems to have it's own exclusive config.

I've tried calibration by stomping on the pedal to 100% after plugging into the PS4 and also once the GT Sport menu loads, however to no avail.

Any help?

Thanks
VBR

Last edited:
I just replaced my G29 brake potentiometer by coincidence at the same time the March 22nd GT Sport update to the G923 pedal travel came into effect. I fitted a 3DRAP potentiometer and I'm finding that I have to press really hard on the brake pedal to get 100% braking. So I don't know if it is the software update or the non standard potentiometer itself that has changed the pedal pressure requirement. I'm thinking of slicing a 5mm piece off the rubber block and see what happens, can always glue it back on. I tried turning the ABS off and that was fun... actually it's good practice to find the wheel lock up point. However, my left leg is getting quite a workout and I'd like to get back to the defaults that I was used to. Heel and toe downshifts when using the clutch on manual cars is quite an effort with the increased brake pressure and the pedal frame base is starting to crack.

Latest Posts

Back