Gameshark and Gran Turismo 3

I am about to buy a Gameshark for the Gran Turismo 3 game but i am worried will i get my money's worth? the Gameshark worked for Gran Turismo 1 but not 2. It always froze before the opening credits.  If any one bought a GameShark2 for the PS2 please tell me if it works.

To everyone who replies- Please, just answer his questions. Don't ruin his thread by telling him how wrong cheating is or how he should be ashamed blah blah blah...

Simply answer the questions or walk away...

Well, personally, I'd say no. The only codes out there are for cheating to get ahead in the game. Unless you seriously lack the time to play through the entire game (which is possible), I'd skip it.

Perhaps if someone figures out hybrids in GT3, the Gameshark will become more worthwhile.

well i have the gs version 1.6 and got the game on launch day and i havent had any problems with it and the only reason why i sharked the game is because i dont have the time to sit and race endurance races which is the way the game is set up but hopefully hybrids will be here soon :):D

Originally posted by klandrader
well i have the gs version 1.6 and got the game on launch day and i havent had any problems with it and the only reason why i sharked the game is because i dont have the time to sit and race endurance races which is the way the game is set up but hopefully hybrids will be here soon :):D
I agree with you on that one.....I also have a Shark and used it for the same reason.....just not enough time...now I will go back on a diff memory card and do the game without cheats. But at least I can enjoy the full game in between.:D :D

I am wondering how game shark codes work and also WHERE do you put the gameshark in the memory slot? you need to put the card there or in the expansion thing? also i saw another gameshark type thingy do you think i should buy that or gameshark please pffer me advice haha :)

well in laymans terms the games are written in numbers and codes the gameshark then uses those certain numbers and codes and more or less freezes them usually without hurting your games or console the gameshark 2 is packaged with a memory card dongle that you plug into memory card slot one and you load your game from slot two or you can start your game and pull out the gameshark dongle and plug your memory card into slot one hope that helps:D

to bigblock: thanx for agreeing with me time is very precious in this house ive got a one year old and a wife so i dont have the time to sit and play all the way through but like you also i have a memory card that i havent sharked to play through ever so slowly that and my brother also helped to get through the game so i sharked some money and bought the cars not really cheating just bending the rules a little bit :D :P

The gameshark versions depends on your ps2 model. I tested versions 1.1 and 1.3 and it did not work on my ps2 model. Version 1.6 works for me! Version 1.6 and above should be compatible for all versions of the ps2.

Latest Posts

Back