Gauges in the cockpit view are too dark?

• Thread starter max2max
  • 6 comments
Serbia
Serbia
Hi,
does anyone else have a problem that the cockpit gauges (speedometer, etc) are almost pitch black in a lot of cars? Like the shadows on them are too heavy - I can see the instruments clearly only if the sun is behind the car. For example, in Dodge Challenger R/T '70 and Lamborghini Countach.

I have tried to change the brightness/exposure/darkness settings, both in-game and on my TV, but it is still very dark. Are there any specific settings that can brighten the cockpits and not wash out everything else? When I turn the exposure to the max (+3.0 EV), the gauges look ok, but everything outside is washed out.

In real-life, I can clearly see the gauges in any conditions; this seems to be a bug in cockpit lightning?

(by the way, is there a way to report bugs directly to PD? I do not see any support links on their website; tried contacting Sony directly, but they ignored me...)

Last edited:
Can you give an example car? I checked a few on cockpit view and they look fine..... but I generally use bumper-cam.

Can you give an example car? I checked a few on cockpit view and they look fine..... but I generally use bumper-cam.
Try the Stratos at the Premium lounge Dragon Trail race. The instruments are pretty much invisible.

Some cars are OK as they have lit instruments. Most of the older roadcars may as well not have any instruments as you can't see them.

Here's an example of the Dino at the same race.

upload_2019-4-10_14-6-6.png

Last edited:
Try the Stratos at the Premium lounge Dragon Trail race. The instruments are pretty much invisible.

Some cars are OK as they have lit instruments. Most of the older roadcars may as well not have any instruments as you can't see them.

View attachment 813525

Yup, that looks pretty dark to me too! Max2Max, there's a fixed bugs thread at the top, might be worth posting this there too?

View attachment 813525

No to sound like a jerk, but have you driven an older car in real life? The dash/instrument lighting on cars, some even into the 90's was terrible. The pic above is actually a great example, heading into a sunset even with lights on i wouldn't be able to see the dash in my 83 Pontiac.

This hasn't stopped PD from making the gauges of the Nissan R92CP more bright even in day time so players could see it better.

Well, it seems to be the norm for them to be too dark in the gauges, but we have to account for time of day as in the virtual environment as well as other environmental factors.
But it's a sure welcome idea if they would lighten up the gauges' day and make them look much more presentable.

Of course, we'd never stare at the gauges throughout our races. :lol:

Back