GBRC Mazda Cup Starts 29/9/19 8pm GMT untill 10pm GMT (3 Places left)

Hey guys,

I am up for joining this, I didn’t get on as much as I’d like to practice this weekend and will be unavailable tonight but if there is space I’ll take a spot for the remaining races.
Your welcome to join when ever you can, thanks for letting us know

Brilliant nights racing and thank you everybody for joining.

With so many cars on a tight track it was good to see we mostly avoided each other other than racing mishaps that couldn't be avoided. I must admit I enjoyed the busy track and was nice to have to work hard with the reverse grid.

Thanks to the newcomers to the club efc125, GR_Bruma, Huskybloke and not forgetting jjkingkongjj, for joining its always good
to see good new drivers hope you all enjoyed it and hopefully you will all keep returning to race with us.

Congrats to the podium winners

So the points so far after round one, because of the new members Im using short versions of the PSN names

Darbray 46
efc 40
Bruma 36
Meridian 35
Scenga 35
Fido 34
coke 32
Rob 31
Trevonick 29
Lunchbox 26
Husky 17
Kingkong 15
Aldy 14

Looking forward to next week there will be a practise session Thursday night room open app. 19;30 hrs thanks again gents.

Last edited:
What an introduction to a new series. With only a couple of spare places on the grid, it was going to be a tight affair. The first seven places were covered by less than a second during qualifying and this continued into the races where any time gained on the driver in front was hard fought for. But it was very easy to lose time as well, a missed apex or entering a corner just that little too hot would see the gap grow.

My biggest concern for these races was that I wasn’t consistent enough with my lap times. This was down to pushing too hard and over driving the car mostly, and didn’t really get to grips with it until a third of the way into the last race.

There were some outstanding drives as well, Tomos has to be driver of the night though. Winning the first race, winning the second race after starting from the back and a third in the last race I think. Epic drives!

Also, welcome back Steve. Great to see you back on track again.

So, next week we’re off to Jason’s playground. This’ll be another tough few races. A quick track and a lot more forgiving than Brands, but everyone will be quicker as a result.

Congratulations to all the podium winners, thoroughly deserved.

Thanks to Nigel and Jason as usual for organising, hosting and streaming.

Oh, before I forget. 3-0 to Jason’s popular room with a lockout in the final race.

Just sayin’. ;-o

What an introduction to a new series. With only a couple of spare places on the grid, it was going to be a tight affair. The first seven places were covered by less than a second during qualifying and this continued into the races where any time gained on the driver in front was hard fought for. But it was very easy to lose time as well, a missed apex or entering a corner just that little too hot would see the gap grow.

My biggest concern for these races was that I wasn’t consistent enough with my lap times. This was down to pushing too hard and over driving the car mostly, and didn’t really get to grips with it until a third of the way into the last race.

There were some outstanding drives as well, Tomos has to be driver of the night though. Winning the first race, winning the second race after starting from the back and a third in the last race I think. Epic drives!

Also, welcome back Steve. Great to see you back on track again.

So, next week we’re off to Jason’s playground. This’ll be another tough few races. A quick track and a lot more forgiving than Brands, but everyone will be quicker as a result.

Congratulations to all the podium winners, thoroughly deserved.

Thanks to Nigel and Jason as usual for organising, hosting and streaming.

Oh, before I forget. 3-0 to Jason’s popular room with a lockout in the final race.

Just sayin’. ;-o
loved every second of it! one error and i lost the win in the second race, it was all really close

Another fantastic night of racing well done chaps for nice clean driving although i noticed some aggressive overtakes on the replays just a gentle reminder "Three words to think about - Patient, Courteous, Awareness".

Race 1

The start of a new series.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190930073339.jpg

The runners and riders.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190930073019.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190930072836.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190930073046.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190930072909.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190930073131.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190930072940.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190930073205.jpg

Got a pass from the Mrs to engage with you chaps tomorrow, if there's room for an old slippery guy.
Heyyy Zolon really good to hear from you one old guy to another but I'm not slippery like you:lol: ....I was going to say no but I love your dog so of course you can it would be our pleasure to see you on track, see you tomorrow.

@Zolon32 forgot to say you might have seen it on a previous post but we will be holding two party chat rooms, Jason (lunchbox) holding one
and my good self holding the other....cheers

Just a little aside, does the 'no assists' regulation mean that GBRC has become a zero ABS group? (I knew that Derrik was on to something)

Thanks Coke. I don't suppose that there are many cars in the game that didn't come with ABS anyway. (Just, for the information of my competitors, watch out for me braking early and sending out smoke signals... squeal, damn, squeal, damn, squeal. Bugger, there goes the apex :crazy:)

AMAZING WOW what a nights racing cant remember such intense racing lap after lap for a long time.

The racing was hard, strong and clean so a BIG thank you to all of you getting that balance of everything is a testament to the club ethos
and shows it is possible.

I cant break it down to individual races but I think each one of us were ever we where in the field had our own battles, I can remember
lap after lap having my own side by side bumper to bumper races throughout the evening with Rob, Jason Mark, and Mack with a bit of Steve (Fido) on that rare occasion you were behind me plus others came into the mix throughout the three races all I know is I loved every second of it.

Thanks for joining us Zolon it was great to have you race with us once again and hope you enjoyed it.

Zeb....Paul hope you feel better soon

KingKong...Steve hopefully you can join us again its always good to see old members come back to the fold and start to sharpen their skills again if you can join us on Thursdays that would be good.

Bruma hopefully you will rejoin as well we enjoy new clean racers turning up.

So after the second round the points are........

Darbray 83
Scenga 77
efc 76
Fido 75
Meridian 69
Trevonick 66
coke 66
Lunchbox 53
Rob 50
Aldy 38
Bruma 36
Husky 33
KingKong 13
Zolon 12

Its close at the top and I can see this series being decided on the very last race of the series, I hope that is the case I just love a series
that is so close

Thanks gents on to round three.

Great stuff last night gents, tough but rewarding racing.

Tomas, carl and Trevor were the pick of the bunch. Their pace was fantastic, it was all I could do to hang on to their coat tails.

In the second race I arrived at the scene of the coming together at the top of the hill, and fortune was smiling at me, because as I got there, this enormous gap opened up right in front of me. As I passed through, I looked back to see who else made it, only to see the gap disappear! I was clean through with Steve, Mark and Rob in front. I eventually made it to the front only for Trevor to hunt me down and take the lead.

Race 3 was incredibly hard work. Everyone was by now up to speed and getting by was proving a real task. Even when you did get by, making a break was nigh on impossible. Small mistakes could cost you ( and did) a handful of places.

I must go and rest up my hand now, its still not recovered properly from last night.

Congratulation to all the podium winners, all thoroughly deserved. And a big thank you to Jason and Nigel for all their time and effort getting us all on track.

Oh, the replays are well worth a watch.

Some Fantastic racing last night chaps the first race was epic with a big fight over 6 place, thank you Zolon for a competitive race we must have switch places 3 or 4 times during the first race just amazing. Well done to the podium finishers and a big thank you to all that entered.

CokeBloke is away this weekend unfortunately so i will be hosting the room and rob will be hosting the new 16 player chat fingers crossed.

Yes sorry everybody I arranged this series my wife arranged a few days away and it clashed, I have asked if she can avoid Sundays in the future
wether that happens is a different thing.

So for next Sunday Jason and Rob have kindly offered to help me and host the room so if you can please make sure lunchbox147 is on your friends list which Im sure he will be and for party chat, GBRC_Robant111 thanks Rob

I'm REALLY going to mis the racing its such a good series so to get over it we might just have to have a few drinks in a bar.....bugger the things we have to do.

I will still be holding a practise night on Thursday as usual.

Thanks for understanding gents.

Last edited:
Great video Lunch, captured the frantic action well. I've never raced so intensely for so long in my life.

:eek: who are you! (It's Racing Roman Zolon lol)

Hi Roman, it's brilliant to see so many familiar 'faces' still racing. Long may it last.

Just garabbed a couple of piccis. I'll have to get my lad to show me how to capture video :dunce:

GBRC1.jpg

GBRC2.jpg

GBRC3.jpg

GBRC4.jpg

GBRC5.jpg

See y'all on Sunday (or Thursday if I can shove the wife out of the house)

Hi gents just a reminder Jason will be hosting the room Sunday evening as I won't be available.
Rob will be hosting chat........... thank you both.

Ive asked Jason to post Sundays results and then I will collate the figures and post the overall results Tuesday evening.

Have fun everybody I will miss the racing.

I came into this event feeling fairly confident about my pace. The track seemed to just flow which suited myself and the car, so I was really chuffed with pole. I had a hare to chase, Tomos, but I just wasn’t able to get close enough to get any tow.

Race 1 got under way and I immediately knew that making the break would be nigh on impossible. I was able to get away a couple of times but not enough to break the draft. When I did get a gap it was because Carl and Trevor were fighting for position which allowed me some much needed breathing space. But, as usual, my console had other ideas. With 3 laps to go it decided to go to the screen shot menu just as I started braking for the bottom hairpin. Next thing I know the gap that I’d built had disappeared and Carl was filling that enormous rear view mirror. I don’t know how I managed to hang on to take the chequered flag, but it was close.

Race 2 was always going to be difficult starting from the back. I got myself up to 6th mid way through and then binned it by pushing too hard.

Race 3 I was 2nd for the start and had a plan of hitting the front and trying to make a run for it. But this meant I had to make the pass and hope that Carl would get caught up enough. Didn’t happen. We were together until 2 laps from the end when I took a little too much kerb whilst the wheels were spinning. I changed up but this then sent the car sideways. Carl was through and away for the win.

It was a great night of racing once again, really close and very competitive. Everyone’s pace and awareness made for a few great replays.

So, we’re off to Autopolis next week and my final round of this series.

Congratulations to all the podium winners last night, all thoroughly deserved and a big thank you to Jason for hosting and persevering with the initial problems we had with chat rooms.

See you all next week.

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............................:eek::D:cheers::scared::gtpflag:. I signed up as a wildcard only because I know you guys had big turnouts for this series so if there's a cap I don't want to intrude on those going for season points. If there is room however I will see you all Sunday. Guess it's time to practice!

Back