Gear.Club Unlimited 2 Review: New Club, Same as the Old Club

This makes me sad. I really wanted the second installment to be good. I tried really hard to like the first one but it still felt very much like a mobile game, which is something I hate.

Oh well, I guess the Switch still has Mario Kart.

One of the girls in work bought me this for Christmas. The most important aspect of any racing title is to ensure you have an enjoyable and predictable handling model. The understeer is phenomenal to the point where you have to slow down so significantly in order to make a remotely tight corner that the AI, assuming they haven't understeered off in a comical fashion, will pass you in numbers.

I will continue to chip away at it as I like test driving the cars. Having said that, it could get a quick death as I also received Starlink, Spintires Mudrunner, LA Noire, Rayman Legends DE and V-Rally 4 for Switch.

It is disappointing that the Switch still doesn't have a decent regular racing title after almost 2 years. The wait for Grid Autosport starts now.

With the opportunity this game had to prove itself, it's as if Eden went out of their way to botch it. I would be more understanding if it was priced like an indie game, but for full price, you could pick two better games like FAST RMX and Horizon Chase Turbo.

V Rally 4 seems like a much better purchase right now and GRID Autosport will also be phenomenal. No way Eden is getting my money for this.

I regret having picked up this game. I really do.

Quick edit: On the opposite side, even funky games like The Crew 2 are gold ingots compared to a trash bin which Gear.Club Unlimited 2 is.

Back