Gear.Club Unlimited Review: Not Worthy of a Test Drive

I think it's decent but you can definitely feel its roots as a mobile game and the system deserves something a bit better.

I think it's decent but you can definitely feel its roots as a mobile game and the system deserves something a bit better.
Yeah I found it passable but purely because of the platform it's on. As Adam says, on PS4 or Xbox and it would be forgotten almost instantly. Hopefully more competent arcade racers arrive in time.

Yeah I found it passable but purely because of the platform it's on. As Adam says, on PS4 or Xbox and it would be forgotten almost instantly. Hopefully more competent arcade racers arrive in time.
Yeah, I hope so too.

I'll trust the review. Since this didn't become perhaps a premier racing title for Switch owners, look at it like this- at least this gives other developers a chance to make a better game. Nintendo is not known for any quality racing games outside of Mario Kart or the rest of the Nintendo ecosystem. Still, any ambitious developer can change that by making a quality racing title. At least this is a start of what could be possible especially in making a solid exclusive racing/driving title for the Switch. And so what if this is an "extended mobile game?" Some developer is going to maybe make a very solid racing title for the Switch and maybe change culture a bit.

I am on the hopeful side of all of this rather than throw shade at it.

Back