Gene Haas' new American F1 team

• Thread starter Roo
  • 700 comments
Guenther Steiner (I think) in the Barcelona paddock:

CbmfDB8UYAA7Ca6.jpg

If the teamwear is anything to go by, the car is probably going to look like a Sauber from the Age of Kobayashi. Although McLaren's teamwear last year was mostly white.

Guenther Steiner (I think) in the Barcelona paddock:

CbmfDB8UYAA7Ca6.jpg

If the teamwear is anything to go by, the car is probably going to look like a Sauber from the Age of Kobayashi. Although McLaren's teamwear last year was mostly white.

Wow, I'm really glad to see this. It finally makes it tangible now. I've been waiting since USF1 hit the air waves...

Wow, I'm really glad to see this. It finally makes it tangible now. I've been waiting since USF1 hit the air waves...

It was tangible when a deal between Ferrari and them were forged, they got a Ferrari driver to race their cars and were named the b-team of Ferrari. To be honest, the story and make up of this team is nothing like that of USF1. I know American racing fans of F1 may be wary, but if you follow F1 close it was just a matter of waiting for 2016 to happen to see this unfold.

Well, like I said, McLaren's teamwear bore little resemblance to their livery last year. And Haas could always do what, Renault and Toro Rosso are doing and run an interim test livery.

We can but hope!

Remember the old days when releasing a livery was... erm... releasing a livery :lol: now it's like lets 'blow lots of money on 5 interim designs for the car and team we may or may not run with!'

Remember the old days when releasing a livery was... erm... releasing a livery :lol: now it's like lets 'blow lots of money on 5 interim designs for the car and team we may or may not run with!'
I know Toro Rosso are only doing it because they took a late delivery of the Ferrari engines, which meant that they had to redesign the chassis. The delay meant that they couldn't get all of the bits painted and decals applied in time.

They said ages ago that it would be yellow, even with Renault returning. The teamwear and paddock bumph is just generic Haas stuff that people know. NASCAR fans would be able to relate the driver suits to the ones they already know.

They said ages ago that it would be yellow, even with Renault returning. The teamwear and paddock bumph is just generic Haas stuff that people know. NASCAR fans would be able to relate the driver suits to the ones they already know.
Kurt Busch's firesuit matches the colors of his car exactly.

If they do stick to having yellow like they said, it won't be predominantly yellow.

That suit Estenban is wearing would look very odd inside a yellow car. I don't recall themselves ever stating it'll be yellow, just rumours - http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/...llow-but-claims-it-is-not-a-formula-1-b-team/

The only actual statement relating to yellow I found:

"We would love to have a car in line with the company's image," said Haas, whose corporate logo is actually red and silver. "But it needs to be good, too, because all these cars in silver or gray appear almost identical to each other. I would like a color that makes us distinguishable. I do like yellow."

So I mean, hardly concrete.

The Haas Automation text looks like it's not suppose to be there, unless the openings for the crane straps are allowed to not be there now.

So that looks predominantly white/grey with a red logo, outlined blue. American themed, then?

It appears also that Manor may be going for a new, mostly white livery. We could have therefore three mostly white cars on the grid.

So that looks predominantly white/grey with a red logo, outlined blue. American themed, then?
Possibly. You're going to have to use your imagination a bit, but take an SF15-T to start:

Kimi_Raikkonen_070615.jpg

But with white instead of red, blue instead of black, and red instead of white.

It appears also that Manor may be going for a new, mostly white livery. We could have therefore three mostly white cars on the grid.
Rio Haryanto is sponsored by Pertamina, whose colours are blue, red and green. So a white livery with red, blue and green highlights could work.

Miss having a colorful grid...nobody believes in colors anymore. :indiff:
I wouldn't be surprised if Renault use more yellow and Force India revert to orange, green and white.

Back