General Photomode thread!

• Thread starter Race Idiot
  • 2,622 comments

Race Idiot

(Banned)
Sao Tome and Principe
Sao Tome and Principe
I think it might be a good idea to just have one big thread for photomode stuff. You know for posting your pictures and sharing tips and doin, err stuff!

Aaaanyway, here are some of my attempts!
I'm not very grood (great or good) at it though.
HSC

Monaro (Monaro! Woaooo Monaro! you know like Vieira! Woaooo Oh never mind)

The one R34 M-Spec Nur shot i've taken. Well admitting to have taken, but the other ones were terrible.

Altezza RS200

Group of GT300 Cars and some Group B in the background.

I'll add some more later, oh and thank Imageshack for being hoopy and hosting stuff!

I couldn't find that other thread that I saw today, so I assumed someone had got rid of it. Also the only other threads are the request threads and chaser_fans one which I think is for his stuff only.

So :middlefinger:

Damn, doesn't work here.

I appreciated and respected the post, until the middle finger part. Totally uncalled for. I'd make a witty and sarcastic comeback, but polishing my e-'tude will do very little more than help me make an ass out of myself, which I seem very good at.

But that aside, I understand, and I will leave you with a simple "My bad."

Ten
I appreciated and respected the post, until the middle finger part. Totally uncalled for. I'd make a witty and sarcastic comeback, but polishing my e-'tude will do very little more than help me make an ass out of myself, which I seem very good at.

But that aside, I understand, and I will leave you with a simple "My bad."

Ha! Err, good point it was uncalled for!

I sometimes lapse into a state non-awesomeness, which I am being apologise!
attachment.php

I really need to find a better place to host these though, if only GTP would let me attatch more than 100kb.

race idiot...for a number of your shots do the following,

a)increase your aperture to 9 higher
b)increase exposure compensation to +0.5 or 0.6EV
c)increase your shutter speed

a) will get you a wider depth of field...for example, in the shot of your HSC from the rear, the rear is focused, but the rest of the car isn't...kind of annoying having a half-assed focused remainder picture imho (just my opinion btw)
b) if you increase exposure compensation, you will end up with a lighter and easier to see picture overall
c) if you increase your shutter speed, you will eliminate some minor blurring you have due to using a slow shutter speed in the last picture...though the blur in the front car may be due to your aperture...hard to say.

here are some of mine:
ELISE_silver_photo-mode-02.jpg

R34_purple_photo-mode-01.jpg

CATERHAM_orange_trial-mountain-01.jpg

nothing new...just stuff i've posted but...i guess my better ones...

Wow, mine look sucky in comparison.

Let me give some of those things you said a go.

PS what the hell does square do? It messes around with the focus?

Melloboy, your pics...wow! they blow me away!! I hope i can get some that good soon! I especially am deeply in love and wanting to marry that skyline pic!

Are either of you taking requests cuase I would love a picture of an 05 Mustang Dark Blue (or Sonic Blue as its offically called) I know its not big for a race car but I love the way it looks.

Anyway great pictures guys keep up the good work.

Would this also be a good place to discuss compatibility of different USB drives? I'd like to pick one up before the game drops, probably a 256MB, but I want to make sure it's going to work with Photomode. I'd suspect the Sony models would be a safe bet, but could you guys possibly post what types you're using?

I have a 512mb Sony Micro Vault, I should try out my old 128mb San Disc though and i'll see if I can borrow a creative Muvo to test.

I use a creative muvo 1.5gb MP3 player, works like a charm!

exitspeed, if i get one/the money, consider a pic yours, PM me the specifics :)

If there's a REALLY kind person out there with the game who doesn't mind doing a photo mode request, I'd LOVE to see a pic of a (preferably dark green) Peugeot 206, preferably on the Nurb, though anywhere will do!
Thanks,
asv

asv
If there's a REALLY kind person out there with the game who doesn't mind doing a photo mode request, I'd LOVE to see a pic of a (preferably dark green) Peugeot 206, preferably on the Nurb, though anywhere will do!
Thanks,
asv

I'll do what i can :D

CrackHoor
Would this also be a good place to discuss compatibility of different USB drives? I'd like to pick one up before the game drops, probably a 256MB, but I want to make sure it's going to work with Photomode. I'd suspect the Sony models would be a safe bet, but could you guys possibly post what types you're using?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52835
i'm compiling a list on there as people post...unfortunately, it's been relegated every day to about 3 pages back from the front page lol

idiot racer,
i forget which is which, but R1 + up or down and L1 + up or down should do aperture and exposure compensation. i do photography as a hobby so this is just kind of an extension of that for me :)

melloboy

Race Idiot
Incredibly stupid question, which value is the aperture?

The F Value (One next to zoom in Photomode, R1 in Photodrive)

I have a question though, does anyone know what manual focus (square in photodrive) does?

KSaiyu,
if you have the aperture set to say...F/1.4, then your depth of field is going to be VERY shallow, meaning only a very SMALL part of the picture will be in focus...with the rest being out of focus.

this creates for some pretty nifty effects, but require you to determine where exactly your focus will be...in a case like this, autofocus does not work well and you would want to use the manual focus to pinpoint a focused area

melloboy

I see, but what does pushing square (or the focus button in photomode) actually do - how is it different from just using autofocus?

Ok, here we are, 206 on Nurnburgring :) Actually quite happy that i knocked out a 9:36 with a stock 206 on my first ever go on the ring!! nevertheless! here the pics for you, btw, no green available so i went white!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG0011 (Medium).JPG
    IMG0011 (Medium).JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG0012 (Medium).JPG
    IMG0012 (Medium).JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG0013 (Medium).JPG
    IMG0013 (Medium).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG0014 (Medium).JPG
    IMG0014 (Medium).JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 324
KSaiyu
I see, but what does pushing square (or the focus button in photomode) actually do - how is it different from just using autofocus?

autofocus will use AI (more or less) to determine what point to focus on...that point may or may not be what YOU want to focus on...so you use manual focus to override what the AI thinks you want :)

melloboy

MelloBoy
autofocus will use AI (more or less) to determine what point to focus on...that point may or may not be what YOU want to focus on...so you use manual focus to override what the AI thinks you want :)

melloboy

Thanks for explaining this, I have one final question though - does that thing in the middle of the viewfinder determine where the manual focus will be, and do I have to hold focus and the shutter together for it to work?

Again, thanks 👍

MelloBoy
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52835
i'm compiling a list on there as people post...unfortunately, it's been relegated every day to about 3 pages back from the front page lol

idiot racer,
i forget which is which, but R1 + up or down and L1 + up or down should do aperture and exposure compensation. i do photography as a hobby so this is just kind of an extension of that for me :)

melloboy

Perhaps we should get a moderator to merge both threads and sticky them. I don't mind helping out testing any storage media that I can get my hands on.

Ahh, I see I think I got it figured out it's the R value.

I kinda thought you were a photographer of some sort, unfortunately my expertise in photography tends to be point camera at object, take picture. This is sort of getting me interested though.

Back