General Photomode thread!

Discussion in 'GT4 Photo Mode' started by Race Idiot, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

I think it might be a good idea to just have one big thread for photomode stuff. You know for posting your pictures and sharing tips and doin, err stuff!

Aaaanyway, here are some of my attempts!
    I'm not very grood (great or good) at it though.
    HSC
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Monaro (Monaro! Woaooo Monaro! you know like Vieira! Woaooo Oh never mind)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The one R34 M-Spec Nur shot i've taken. Well admitting to have taken, but the other ones were terrible.
    [​IMG]
    Altezza RS200
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Group of GT300 Cars and some Group B in the background.
    [​IMG]
    I'll add some more later, oh and thank Imageshack for being hoopy and hosting stuff!

2. Ten

Ten

Yeah, it'd be an awesome idea, if it hadn't been done like, 3 or 4 times already. :tup:

3. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

I couldn't find that other thread that I saw today, so I assumed someone had got rid of it. Also the only other threads are the request threads and chaser_fans one which I think is for his stuff only.

So :middlefinger:

Damn, doesn't work here.

4. Ten

Ten

I appreciated and respected the post, until the middle finger part. Totally uncalled for. I'd make a witty and sarcastic comeback, but polishing my e-'tude will do very little more than help me make an ass out of myself, which I seem very good at.

But that aside, I understand, and I will leave you with a simple "My bad."

5. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

Ha! Err, good point it was uncalled for!

I sometimes lapse into a state non-awesomeness, which I am being apologise! [​IMG]

I really need to find a better place to host these though, if only GTP would let me attatch more than 100kb.

6. Ten

Ten

It happens to me, too. I call them "stupid fits".

:tup:

7. MelloBoy

MelloBoy

race idiot...for a number of your shots do the following,

a)increase your aperture to 9 higher
    b)increase exposure compensation to +0.5 or 0.6EV
    c)increase your shutter speed

a) will get you a wider depth of field...for example, in the shot of your HSC from the rear, the rear is focused, but the rest of the car isn't...kind of annoying having a half-assed focused remainder picture imho (just my opinion btw)
    b) if you increase exposure compensation, you will end up with a lighter and easier to see picture overall
    c) if you increase your shutter speed, you will eliminate some minor blurring you have due to using a slow shutter speed in the last picture...though the blur in the front car may be due to your aperture...hard to say.

here are some of mine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nothing new...just stuff i've posted but...i guess my better ones...

8. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

Wow, mine look sucky in comparison.

Let me give some of those things you said a go.

PS what the hell does square do? It messes around with the focus?

9. TimBrad

TimBrad

here's a wee one of mine, not great, but i quite like it!!

Attached Files:

10. TimBrad

TimBrad

Melloboy, your pics...wow! they blow me away!! I hope i can get some that good soon! I especially am deeply in love and wanting to marry that skyline pic!

11. 05_Stang

05_Stang

Are either of you taking requests cuase I would love a picture of an 05 Mustang Dark Blue (or Sonic Blue as its offically called) I know its not big for a race car but I love the way it looks.

Anyway great pictures guys keep up the good work.

12. TimBrad

TimBrad

I'd do a pic if i get it, but i'm not far into the game yet sadly :)

13. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

Incredibly stupid question, which value is the aperture?

14. CrackHoor

CrackHoor

Would this also be a good place to discuss compatibility of different USB drives? I'd like to pick one up before the game drops, probably a 256MB, but I want to make sure it's going to work with Photomode. I'd suspect the Sony models would be a safe bet, but could you guys possibly post what types you're using?

15. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

I have a 512mb Sony Micro Vault, I should try out my old 128mb San Disc though and i'll see if I can borrow a creative Muvo to test.

16. exitspeed

exitspeed

Any chane I could get someone to do a Nissan Sileighty pic??????

17. TimBrad

TimBrad

I use a creative muvo 1.5gb MP3 player, works like a charm!

exitspeed, if i get one/the money, consider a pic yours, PM me the specifics :)

18. asv

asv

If there's a REALLY kind person out there with the game who doesn't mind doing a photo mode request, I'd LOVE to see a pic of a (preferably dark green) Peugeot 206, preferably on the Nurb, though anywhere will do!
    Thanks,
    asv

19. TimBrad

TimBrad

I'll do what i can :D

20. MelloBoy

MelloBoy

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52835
    i'm compiling a list on there as people post...unfortunately, it's been relegated every day to about 3 pages back from the front page lol

idiot racer,
    i forget which is which, but R1 + up or down and L1 + up or down should do aperture and exposure compensation. i do photography as a hobby so this is just kind of an extension of that for me :)

melloboy

21. KSaiyu

KSaiyu (Banned)

The F Value (One next to zoom in Photomode, R1 in Photodrive)

I have a question though, does anyone know what manual focus (square in photodrive) does?

22. MelloBoy

MelloBoy

KSaiyu,
    if you have the aperture set to say...F/1.4, then your depth of field is going to be VERY shallow, meaning only a very SMALL part of the picture will be in focus...with the rest being out of focus.

this creates for some pretty nifty effects, but require you to determine where exactly your focus will be...in a case like this, autofocus does not work well and you would want to use the manual focus to pinpoint a focused area

melloboy

23. KSaiyu

KSaiyu (Banned)

I see, but what does pushing square (or the focus button in photomode) actually do - how is it different from just using autofocus?

24. TimBrad

TimBrad

ASV: lap done, just taking pics now

25. TimBrad

TimBrad

Ok, here we are, 206 on Nurnburgring :) Actually quite happy that i knocked out a 9:36 with a stock 206 on my first ever go on the ring!! nevertheless! here the pics for you, btw, no green available so i went white!

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

26. MelloBoy

MelloBoy

autofocus will use AI (more or less) to determine what point to focus on...that point may or may not be what YOU want to focus on...so you use manual focus to override what the AI thinks you want :)

melloboy

27. TimBrad

TimBrad

One classy shot of my Nismo R400 :)

Attached Files:

28. 05_Stang

05_Stang

Very nice pictures Tim. Good time on Nurb too. Keep up the good work.

29. KSaiyu

KSaiyu (Banned)

Thanks for explaining this, I have one final question though - does that thing in the middle of the viewfinder determine where the manual focus will be, and do I have to hold focus and the shutter together for it to work?

Again, thanks :tup:

30. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

Perhaps we should get a moderator to merge both threads and sticky them. I don't mind helping out testing any storage media that I can get my hands on.

Ahh, I see I think I got it figured out it's the R value.

I kinda thought you were a photographer of some sort, unfortunately my expertise in photography tends to be point camera at object, take picture. This is sort of getting me interested though.