Gerarghini's Great Value Integra Type R

• Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 46 comments
United States
San Bernardino, California
Gerarghini
Gerarghini
Was meaning to post this ever since I got the car back in March, but finally got around to take pictures of the bloody thing ;) but here she is. I call her Princess Peach. I don't exactly know why but I'm not good with "serious" names; all my phone contacts are silly so might as well make this one too :lol:

Anyways, here she is:

The day I got her (yakima rack not included. Not that I wanted it anyways).
IMG_1847.JPG

..and after a drive back and Del Taco break:
675.JPG

wash me lol

686.JPG

Nothing particularly special about the acquisition. Found it on Craigslist after a couple months of searching and letting some slip away. Almost exactly what I had been looking for sans the sunroof, but it's not a big deal since it'll come in handy during the summer. Listed with 135k on the chassis (and mind you, the chassis is a GS-R one), and the motor is a B18B1 from an Integra LS (1.8L, ~140hp), with a "claimed" 85k of mileage. Has coilovers front and rear with respective cross-drilled rotors as well. As you can tell, it includes the JDM front-end upgrade off of a Ti Integra (i checked lol), a "Type-R" lip based off the USDM one, and a ViS Carbon Fiber hood. It also, surprisingly, had the side-molding removed and sealed off. Only issue is the left side has a scratch where it would've been. Anyways it's also got blacked out side indicators, a wider rear view mirror, LS mesh rims, painted white, with (get this) 4-different tires; 3 rotational, and 1 standard. A Pirelli, Falken, Continental, and a Hankook. 10/10. Came with a Spyder Cold Air Intake, but wouldn't fit with the JDM conversion so I just got some generic one off of eBay for like $40.

$3,800, got her for $3,300 which I thought was pretty cool.

For what it is, it is what it is. I know that made no sense but the car does have it's issues. When we got it, it was lowered to the point that driving around here was a surefire way of ripping the front bumper off, the car was dirty and dusty as hell, the leather seats were ripped, the sunroof was stuck closed, the passenger side door wasn't aligned properly (same for the front end and hood), the hood was warped and peeling, the hatch didn't work without the key period, radio didn't work at all, and same with the antenna. It was missing a transmission mount, had no wing, no spare tire, no tools, no fender liners, no mud guards, no air filter (even though it had a cold air intake), had crap tires, crap wipers, crap boots, and has a leak somewhere in the Power Steering line. I also found out, after the day it finally rained here in California :D, that water got in through the right tail light. Previous owner must've tried to separate the headlight, got bored, said 🤬 it, and left it out.

However, with a little RR, the car is practically perfect (for me at least) to drive.

What my father and I did for about two weeks was basically get the car back to road worthy condition, at least where I live. Raising the suspension (function > form), refilling the fluids, getting new mounts, pins (since the interior was missing a lot of them), spare tire, jack, tools, etc., replacing the tie rods and boots, and installing new fender inners and mud guards. I also purchased a steering wheel cover and seat covers to hide the tears in the seats.

Right now, I plan to use it to just get me through college (and work if possible), so I'm not going all out on the mods. Right now the current plans are (or my to do list. I'll update it regularly if I can):

• Get some new 🤬 tires. Seriously. The RR tire had signs of (I don't know what the word is) like "peeling" almost? Like there's a bit of fiber or whatever coming out from inside the RR tire. I figure it's due to the lowered nature before I got it. Also the FR tire seems to leak a little. It read at 25ish while the other three read 30-35ish. Planning to invest in some good tires but I'd also like advice as to which tires will do fine without costing a motherload (under $400? About? They're 195/55/R16 by default, yet none of the tires on it right now are that size)
  • That right tail light *might* need replacing.
  • Plasti-dip them wheels. They were originally alloy and I'd like them that true "Type-R" white :sly:
  • Fix the leak from unknown area. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the Power Steering, but I have no clue where it's coming from right now. Go figure lol.
  • Antifreeze coming from wherever and pooling on one of the fans. Either it's a hole in the hose, the hose is't tightened enough, or something because sometimes I find it on the fan.
  • Completely remove the tint from the rear window. Easy, it's just that I've been lazy with it lol.
  • Replace the wiper blades. It rains like, iunno, once a year here so it's not a big concern right now lol
  • Get a GTP sticker. Gotta represent yo.
  • Fix the Carbon Fiber Hood. Right now, it's just warped so badly that it's makes the whole front end look rather bleh. I've purchased some hood pins in attempt to fix it, but I'll probably have to drill new holes in the radiator support since no two existing holes are symmetrical from each other. (pic below, not the best but trust me, the left side is higher than the right)
  • Interested in a full catback system with headers and all.
IMG_2144.JPG

#iphoneorientationprawblems

Yeah, that's her. Here are some more picture I took on that picture taking spree I had. I think I'm good enough to be a professional photographer eh? :sly: /s

-Might lower the front a wee-bit, but considering the ridiculous dips by my neighborhood, I think it's smarter to leave it at that. That side skirt is also not the same color as the rest of the car. I believe it's Frost White whereas the car itself is Championship White. Also note the GoPro and Apple stickers, which I smartly duplicated on the other side :sly:
IMG_2114.JPG

My mum's car with mine. IF you look carefully, you'll notice the "VTEC" sticker which I should remove since this sadly doesn't have VTEC, but I'm afraid of any damage that might cause to the paint.
IMG_2140.JPG

Rear-end shot. You probably can't see it (thanks to the ePiC L3n$ Fl4Re), but the rear bumper is peeling away, so I'll have to repaint that soon.
IMG_2134.JPG

Full-shot. Whaddya think of it?
IMG_2146.JPG

Quick interior shot. Since it's a GS-R chassis, it comes with leather everything. Has that one random "racing" brake pedal. Looks alright here, thanks to the seats being covered. Also have Toon Lunk guarding me against any Shreks that I might encounter when I hit 300 mph and teleport to the Swamp Round.
IMG_2161.JPG

To end off, I also honored my DC2 with the bossest sticker I could've ever spent my money on. :sly:👍
IMG_2163.JPG

Last edited:
I don't think I've posted about it much around these parts, but I have quite the fondness for nineties Hondas. These, BB6 Preludes, Accords; they're all great. I was considering a DC2 Integra or similar back when I was looking for my own first car, but could never find one in acceptable condition. It was probably a good thing I didn't find one, seeing as I only considered automatics at the time. I'd gladly welcome a clean, manual DC2 into my possession these days. As far as your goes, it honestly appears to be in better condition than what I've seen on classifieds and at car shows. Hopefully you're planning on getting some sort of antitheft system, because these things get stolen all the time.

Small irrelevant updates to report :sly:
  • Found where the leak was from while doing an oil change. Unfortunately I didn't change the, I think this is how it's spelt, Oil Gasket? The oil was leaking from there. Go figure, but now I gotta wait until the next oil change to replace that.
  • Also found where the coolant was leaking from. Turns out it was a broken radiator cap, and I've now replaced that.
  • Old wheels were Plasti-dipped too, so makes the process of painting them over a little easier.
  • I, being a novice with driving in general, have forgotten, several times now, to disengage the parking brake while driving in and out of the garage. May've done some damage since it doesn't seem to sit square sometimes unless I put it in first for extra security. (and I say sometimes because for the most part, the e-brake does work) I've also dropped the clutch while in first three times on accident and stalled it. Go figure once again (It's my first car plz be gentle), plus the tires are already shot so it's not a big deal on that front.
  • Found some "lost" illest stickers so I'm going to JDM it even more yo :lol:
  • Hood pins are in (if I get some pics, you'll see my Fast and Furious showing) but now it doesn't close using the regular hood latch. The stock hood latch sorta latches but not fully.
  • Gotta find a working AUX cord or replace the radio entirely.
Quick Question: Are them :gtplanet: stickers still for sale? (apparently so; I just checked :3)

Last edited:
Lol, the latch hooks on carbon hoods never seem to work. Luckily my hood (a second-hand buy) came with pins already installed. With pins on, it's pointless to even have the stock latch installed. But I'm surprised your hood is warped, VIS has maybe the best reputation for quality and fitment as far as those 'replica aftermarket' brands go. You say it has a B18C1, which is the proper GSR DOHC VTEC engine... but you say it doesn't have VTEC? Did you mean you have a B18B?

Of course I'm a big fan of these cars. Very nice body lines with either front end. Cool buy!

Lol, the latch hooks on carbon hoods never seem to work. Luckily my hood (a second-hand buy) came with pins already installed. With pins on, it's pointless to even have the stock latch installed. But I'm surprised your hood is warped, VIS has maybe the best reputation for quality and fitment as far as those 'replica aftermarket' brands go. You say it has a B18C1, which is the proper GSR DOHC VTEC engine... but you say it doesn't have VTEC? Did you mean you have a B18B?

Of course I'm a big fan of these cars. Very nice body lines with either front end. Cool buy!
You're right, my mistake. It is the B1 :lol: and as far as the hood goes, I assume the previous owner let the car sit for a while and the elements kicked in and weathered the hood pretty bad. A replacement isn't necessary right now, but that's a certain if I am to keep the car for a while. Problem being is that JDM hoods are exactly the most value priced options.

Also my dad and I have an appointment to get some GT Radials (Champiro VP1) come Sunday, so I'm excited to have the current ones replaced as soon as possible. This'll also allow me to plasti-dip the wheels since I bought the cans last month. I've also AUX cord'd my stereo (replaced it), and the sound system works perfectly for the most part.

Looks like regular a regular neglected but with potential SoCal Honda.. Get an alignment done, seeing your tires were unevenly worn and especially as you raised the car. Also, oil gasket means nothing.. I assume it's the washer or o-ring around the drain plug you're talking about?

Looks like regular a regular neglected but with potential SoCal Honda.. Get an alignment done, seeing your tires were unevenly worn and especially as you raised the car. Also, oil gasket means nothing.. I assume it's the washer or o-ring around the drain plug you're talking about?
As it turns out, it wasn't the gasket, but hey no harm in replacing that right? Gonna have to take a close look as to what it really is.

Additionally it seems like America's Tire could not get the GT Radials we were expecting to have on last weekend. I need to get the whole replacement done as soon as possible because two of em are literally bald, one of em is starting to come apart, and another one is cracked like mad. Probably not going to drive it very far until we can get that fixed.

Man I haven't updated this in forever, so let me just fill you in on some of the new "features" :sly: be advised, as a young college kid still stick in 2005, I might've gone with a mixture of Haggard Garage, The Fast and the Furious, lots of rice, and "clean" modifications.

• First thing's first, I'm the illest (sorry), and I got them GT Radials (Champiro VP1s, 195/55/15) I had mentioned last year. With that all powerful 130(?) engine, I ripped a few good ones here and there. Next run I might go for some more slicker ones since it rains a grand total of like once a month here.
  • If you know of the Eclipse's hood pins from the first Fast and Furious, those are basically what I got. After a while I'm somewhat meh on them so I might change them for wireless ones.
  • Replaced the ripped leather front seats with some NRG "Recaros."
  • Lowered the car again since I was growing tired of how "donked" it looked (silly). Now there's about an 1" of clearance on the front wheels and 1.5" clearance on the rear. It's almost "dirt nasty low."
  • Got an extremely ricey Type-R wing because I did not like the GS-R wing and the guy who was selling a Gen II Mugen wing on craigslist for $40 didn't reply. It's frost white so it doesn't even fit in with the Championship White (but neither do the side skirts).
  • Some Hoonigan stickers because somehow this particular Honda has stuff to do with Hoonigan at all.
  • Got a Mugen and Aerospeed shifter combo; the Aerospeed Extends by 4" and the Mugen Knob seems appropriate
  • Got rid of the GoPro and Spongebob stickers because the deadly waters from the biweekly car wash destroyed them.
  • Removed Cruise Control because weight reduction bro! (It was broken anyways).
  • Re-installed the Cold Air Intake because the Short Ram = Warm Air = Less Power! Managed to make it fit tightly in the engine bay. Luckily didn't hydrolock the day Atlantis decided to visit little Moreno Valley
  • Got an Engine Strut bar which annoyingly fit atop the suspension and not the pre-readied holes from the stock GS-R strut bar.
Basically, a lot has happened in a year. I'll have pics up as soon as I can (that is if you can stand the rice).

And here they are :sly: :P

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5399.JPG

IMG_5400.JPG

IMG_5401.JPG

IMG_5404.JPG

IMG_5403.JPG

You can really tell from the second pic just how low it is. Do I like it? 🤬 yeah. Do I regret it? 🤬 yeah. Because in all honestly, those mud guards behind the front wheels will probably not allow me to get over speed bumps anymore :lol:, there's about 6" clearance from the front lip. Also, regarding the Type R wing pic, it's angled like that because I have a sticker, a lime green one, with a 🤬 on it, so that's why it's like it.

Little did anyone know however that I'm starting to pay more attention to the car because of the inevitable car meets the squad and I are planning to hit in the near future :sly: therefore, for maximum riceyness, here're the current plans for the upcoming months.
  • Stickers. Tons of them.
  • Paint the valve cover. Problem there is that I think work was done around it that got the oil leaked I described last year to stop. Tampering with it may have negative consequences then, so I'll probably put this off for as long as possible.
  • Some accessories. I don't even have a license plate holder. Details, details. That, replacement shifter boot, clean up the rear lower strut bar, (rice incoming) Speedhunters Tire Bomb, etc.
(I never said I'd put a lot, don't judge)

Last edited:
New month, so new irrelevant updates to report :sly:

• Biggest one here is that I've (yes I know) replaced my steering wheel (cue gasps) and man was it a pain to get the horn working effectively. But it works now and aside from the SRS light which I will fix relatively shortly, it works as intended. Slight wobble but nothing bad to the point where it's horrendous.
  • New floor mats because the old ones were garbage. Also got new wipers conveniently after the last bit of showers over here.
  • Picked up an aftermarket exhaust, and just the exhaust, from a junkyard Integra for $25. Sounds louder on the inside and, I guess, "sharper" on the outside? 4", decent enough alternative to shelling out $150 on a full set on eBay.
With the steering wheel in place I'm pretty much done with the interior upgrades bar a short-shifter kit that costs way too much to justify (~$70 for a VMS one) and a fake Spoon Sports horn button (that's like ~$20), I mean it is built with Genuine eBay parts after all. All that's missing now is the new boot and it's basically complete.

So moving on to the outside, I still need to paint the rear wing and side skirts since they don't match up (and maybe sections of the front bumper). Only issue here is that I think I'd have to order the paint online seeing as how I don't believe you can buy championship white locally, but I could be wrong. I'll get to painting the valve cover this weekend in true Spoon Sports yellow :sly:

In fact the only real issue with the car so far is this weird sucking sound coming from the engine bay. Y'know that sound when you're drinking out of a straw and basically drinking the last bit of soda or whatever? That sorta raspy, buzzy sound? It's been there for a few months now, but really came into play when we replaced the pinion rack for leaking power steering like mad. It makes that sound at idle and from around 0-4500rpm, regardless of gear. Any clue as to what it is?

Anyways, pics to come soon enough. I'm approaching the uneventful but special date of March 28th, and it will mark one year with this car :D

Wow, it's been a while hasn't it :lol: well, anyways, I thought I'd let you guys in on an update of sorts since I finally managed to get everything stable for the most part. To put it nicely I'm pretty sure that most of the "modifications" I've made to the car won't be in everyone's taste, which is understandable.

My inevitable goal for this car, for now, is to produce something like what @rhdkev (on Instagram, 4Bangers Production) drives. Yes, that does mean that I'm stripping the interior and doing mad pulls on a motor I've already put like 10,000 miles on over the past year. But man if this car isn't bulletproof :D But still, here's what's "new"

• Tires and wheels got replaced. The old GT Radials got mega wrecked due to too much pulls on a high school parking lot, and they have now been replaced with some 185/60R15 Goodyear Integrities up front and Goodyear Assurances in the back. The tires were about 80% new. Came equipped with some sweet black Konig Backbones for freaking $300. I was considering getting tire stickers but considering they were like $30 per wheel I decided against it and will probably just paint the lettering.
  • Installed a, (sigh) yes, RaceQuip four-point harness (driver-side only). A good friend of mine gifted it to me after taking him on my travels to and from SoCal and CenCal.
  • A metric ton (sorry) of new stickers. The pics are a bit old because I have since removed a good few of them since but I'm expecting a Spoon banner soon to complete my sticker obsession
What might be more amusing is listing what went wrong with the car within the last year :sly:

• The dreaded CEL. What's worse, its a mixture of P0441 and P0301, otherwise known as an EVAP issue and Cylinder 1 misfire. The misfire one I managed to solve relatively easy but P0441 so far has been a pain in the 🤬 to fix. The sketchiness of the engine was also brought into play because I can't exactly tell what's going on. You see, the engine is clearly a 95+ B18B1, but the intake manifold confuses the hell out of me because I think it comes from another year of engine entirely.
  • The right rear camber kit legit broke the day I was supposed to leave for college this semester. Luckily these older Hondas are like legos and I managed to find some, yeah, "eBay" ones from a junkyard Civic that was riced to hell. Sounds sketchy but it's lasted 1,000 miles so far so I can't knock it off too bad.
  • The hood got worse. Pretty much can't do anything about it considering I have to park outside instead of in the garage like I used to. Also, I guess my dad and I didn't exactly do the best

Yup.. It's an Integra, not a Supra lol.
I don't love the stickers.. I do like you lowered it again, although it's still not low (scraping mudflaps is not low, getting stuck is low).

I am super envious of how rust free and clean your white mid 90s Honda is.. :cool: Lose the stickers and I'd happily drive that.

A bit of a Spoon-style Teg there. I like it. Although, I have to agree on the stickers comments: bit OTT for my liking!

Time for another update :sly:

So as you can imagine, the last few months I haven't had the ability to work on my car as much as I would've liked. This is partly due to (get this) living on campus and not being able to have a car. If you're wondering, I didn't feel comfortable leaving my car parked super far away from me so I left it home and used my Dad's base model '07 Kia Sportage (w/ stick!) instead since you gotta be some kind of petty to wanna do something to such a "default" looking car.

But now that I have off-campus housing this year, I can finally bring it over to Merced and work on it again!

Anyways, what's changed you ask?

• Well it passed smog unbelievably... the check engine light was gone for about two weeks before it popped up the month after doing the smog, so I gave up on trying to fix the issue for now.
    [*]These tires are absolute rubbish; not only are their specs a bit wack (185/60R15 is like a direct downgrade from stock), but they're already used up. I'm not really upset since they were so cheap, but they're old and they need replacing so today I'm getting some Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R in 205/50R15. The wheels have an offset of 6.5 :cool:
    [*]Interior is semi-stripped; almost everything behind the seats are gone since the rear seats were basically useless anyways.
Since I think this is still the front page I'll post up an upgrade list:

1998 Acura Integra GS-R DC2

Exterior

• JDM Honda Integra Ti DC1 front end
  • JDM Honda Integra Type R replica front lip
  • JDM Type R non-HID headlights
  • ViS Racing JDM Integra carbon fiber hood
  • JEGS hoodpins
  • Aftermarket side indicators
  • Championship White exterior color
  • Side Molding Delete
  • Type R Rear Wing
Interior
  • NRG Innovations replica Recaros
  • eBay aftermarket steering wheel hub
  • eBay aftermarket deep-dish steering wheel
  • eBay rear strut brace
  • eBay C-pillar strut brace
  • Circuit Hero Shift extender
  • DC Sports spherical shift knob
  • Password JDM quick release kit
Wheels & Suspension
  • Konig Backbone 15x16.5
  • Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R 205/50R15
  • Godspeed Rear camber kit
  • eBay front and rear coilovers
  • eBay front upper control arm
  • Drilled and slotted rotors
Engine
  • B18B1 w/ 155,000 miles (~250,000 kilos)
  • Spyder Performance cold air intake
  • NGK spark plugs and leads
  • Cruise Control delete
  • Front Strut Brace
Misc.
  • Circuit Hero solid shifter bushing
  • Fatlace/Illest valve stem caps
  • Spline wheel lugs
I'll post some pics later as per usual, maybe a before and after :sly:

The colors goofed hard and I'm too lazy to fix it so apologies in advance for the look.

Last edited:
Small pic dump. My style goal is to get something like this :sly:

DKEN3363.jpeg

But here's how the car sits currently (lighting is bad but it's the most recent one I took a day ago).

IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2187.JPG
IMG_2165.JPG

Getting these monsters on today.

IMG_2267.JPG

The cops don't yell at you for "lack of rear visibility" because of all the stickers?

Happened once or twice with the 240 which is why I'm hesitant to slap any on the Expo.

The cops don't yell at you for "lack of rear visibility" because of all the stickers?

Happened once or twice with the 240 which is why I'm hesitant to slap any on the Expo.
Believe it or not I haven't had such an experience yet :lol:

I've had a few strangers ask me about how I deal with them though; either I've been lucky or the cops don't really care. I've had instances where a cop would be directly behind me but I've only been stopped once because they were looking for a car with a white body and black hood.

I know it's all a matter of taste at the end of the day but I honestly think the car looked better when you first got it, and those original wheels are gorgeous. I love the DC2 but the whole sticker-explosion on the windows is lost on me :indiff:
Can't blame you, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. At least it's nothing permanent so I can always go back and take them off/replace the glass in case one day I have a change of heart.

In the meantime, I copped a DC Sports weighted shifter and it's absolutely fabulous :sly:

IMG_2280.JPG

If you can believe it or not, it's actually my first proper knob since I kid you not, this area has been stupid problematic. At one point the OEM shifter snapped so I had to buy a replacement eBay shift shifter because I was in a bit of a rush, and at that point I had an Aerospeed/Mugen combo that was rendered useless since the thread was ruined. I then got another shifter extender and uses my OEM shift knob but then the two got stuck to each other which, yeah, corwant sound like a big deal but the OEM shifter wasn't omnidirectional so it would shift between okay and backwards.

Back