German GP

• Thread starter Phil
  • 16 comments
Who do you think will triumph this weekend ? I have a feeling that Montoya will break his duck because the BMW engines are so powerful but Ferrari also have a more powerful powerplant for this race.

He hasn't had the best of luck at Hockenheim has he but he will pick up the pieces if the Williams prove to be unreliable.

I'd like to see Michael and Rubens win on Sunday, but the Williams are looking good.

Also Hakkinnen has had a boost winning at Silverstone, so may be hungry for another win on Sunday - if Mclaren can keep their cars reliable.

Have you heard that Frentzen has been sacked by Jordan?

010728c.PHOTO_LARGE.jpg

The only words that can apply to this race are hex and voodoo.

M. Schumi out twice.

Burti out close to the times Micheal S. went out. Both times!

Micheal getting a break with the red flag and another break when coulthard went out after he had.

Both Montoya and Rubens suffering from refueling probs.

Jacque 3rd??

Montoya goes out.

Rubens coming so close to winning again. I barely entertained the idea!

I did not know about the high attrition rate, or didn't remember, of this GP at Hockenheim and I look forward to seeing this race again next year; just hope Speedvision is able to get the right to cover it next year. But I am not sure if it is really the most exciting course, though. Hmmm

Although I am not a fan of crashes, exciting when they happen but can do with out them, I am not referring just to safety of drivers and fans, etc., just that I prefer smoothness, this race had plenty of drama. I feel sorry for the back-of-the-field drivers that get points only when others crash.

I think the most sad parts were when Kimi went out, Montoya went, and, now that I think about it, I feel empathy for David, whose bad luck is Micheals good luck.

But congratulations to Ralf, who may have lost if Rubens had not fuel hose woes. I think it would have been nice if Ruby had won, but, oh well.

Frentzen to remain with Jordan

June 24: Jordan end speculation about Heinz-Harald Frentzen's future.
To end speculation in the media, Heinz-Harald Frentzen and Eddie Jordan stated today that Frentzen’s two year contract with Jordan Grand Prix, signed in July 2000, stands secure.

“There seems to be a lot of talk in the media about Heinz’s contract,” said Eddie Jordan.

“Heinz signed a two year contract with us last year which means he will race with Benson and Hedges Jordan Honda, as always agreed, in 2002.”

Frentzen added, “Benson and Hedges Jordan Honda is a strong package and we are working hard to have a successful 2001 season and build for greater success in the future.”

Planet F1

Well . . .

Thats F1 for you. There is normally a contractural suprise every year. This season it was De La Rosa and Arrows but Eddie has topped it with this one. I can't see the logic in firing him. On his day, HHF is as fast as anyone and he is also Jordans most succesful driver. Although Ricardo Zonta is a class driver, he isn't as good as HHF. I have heard rumours that Alesi will race for them in Hungary but he isn't the young driver that Jordan wanted. The only other person I can see driving the Jordan is Takuma Sato.

The race - I didn't see much of it but I was gutted my pre-race tip of Montoya didn't win. I was even more dissapointed to see both McLarens retire. It was good to see Ralf win. He would have been a good title prospect if the Williams had a bit more reliability. Anyway, Schumacher WILL bag the title in Hungary in a couple of weeks.

Man, I wish I had got to this thread sooner, Talentless!  Happy Birthday!  :D

About the race, I was like Phil and didn't get to see much of it.  I did get to see the horrible crash at the start, though.  That looked awesome, but someone could have been badly injured.

It looked pretty big but it wasn't that bad apart from Burti landing on Bernoldi. F1 cars can handle a lot worse.

(Edited by Phil at 8:07 am on July 31, 2001)

Back