Germany Rally Now Available in DiRT Rally 2.0

yesterday i tried in custom game mode the NEW germany rally,.. but why do i have the idea some tracks are already in the base game?!

Got to say thanks to endless paid DLC this is a game I really want but will wait until there's a 'complete' version, and likely on sale. Doesn't bode well for the next Grid.

Overall a decent location but I feel it has no distinct challenge when compared to other rallies in the game. For example, Spain is comprised of narrow tarmac roads on hilly ledges and Monte Carlo is an absolute tarmac balancing act in between mountain walls and stone barriers, spiced up with ice patches. Germany is just wide tarmac roads most of the time. I'm not saying there's no unique character to it, but perhaps a bit lacking in thrilling moments.

Additionally, the lack of wet leaderboards in time trial is slightly disappointing, and did Codemasters remove the military vehicles scattered around in the first game?

Last edited:
It's now some kind of shovel. I was completely desorientated :)

That section with its left and right hairpins :)

Overall a decent location but I feel it has no distinct challenge when compared to other rallies in the game. For example, Spain is comprised of narrow tarmac roads on hilly ledges and Monte Carlo is an absolute tarmac balancing act in between mountain walls and stone barriers, spiced up with ice patches. Germany is just wide tarmac roads most of the time. I'm not saying there's no unique character to it, but perhaps a bit lacking in thrilling moments.

Additionally, the lack of wet leaderboards in time trial is slightly disappointing, and did Codemasters remove the German military vehicles scattered around in the first game?

I personally find the thrilling moments come in the mid to high speed corners threaded between hinkelsteins. So easy to clip one and that's rally over. Got some nice fast rough sections I find thoroughly terrifying as well.

Personally my favourite tarmac location in the game.

I personally find the thrilling moments come in the mid to high speed corners threaded between hinkelsteins. So easy to clip one and that's rally over. Got some nice fast rough sections I find thoroughly terrifying as well.

Personally my favourite tarmac location in the game.
This.

As I've said in other threads, I am a sledgehammer in a discipline where one must be a scalpel, so having the wide roads and quick turns lends more to my skillset than the gravel and narrow pavement stages.

The thrill of the German stages comes from the sheer speed you're carrying around there. Like that big jump I've talked about, no matter the car you're in you're hitting it on the chip in top gear.

Nahh it's not there anymore. I simply believe it's such an iconic thing in ADAC Rally Deutschland that they removed due to possible legal trouble with the WRC.

I just noted this, too. Not only they removed the tornado, i think they tried to erase all military references from the track. For example, the trucks are now colourful and dont look like bundeswehr trucks anymore. I think this sucks!

However, this still is my favorite rallye location.

I missed the deer that ran in front of me in Germany, anyone else seen them. First surprise in a while. It is mushy season though.:D

I’ve seen one!

And I must say, doing the Dialy Challenge with the Porsche just now was both among the most fun and thoroughly terrifying things I’ve done on this game.

I missed the deer that ran in front of me in Germany, anyone else seen them. First surprise in a while. It is mushy season though.:D
I just drove a daily challenge and thought I was seeing ghosts. It was a deer for 100%. I was afraid to ask until I found out this thread. I'm not the only one ;)
Germany stages are so much fun and beautiful. I completely missed an easy right 5 corner because of the hot air balloon. :dopey:

Last edited:
Co driver is missing some pace notes on certain stages.... (:

Sometimes there does appear to be a missing note for a sharp left turn over crest halfway around the Verbundsring stage. Yes, only sometimes but quite often. So far I haven't noticed other missing notes.

I have also noticed that co-driver calls are inconsistent in volume between the two long stages. It can be kinda problematic when driving without HUD.

Last edited:
Looks like someone at Codies has been playing RBR lately :sly:

There were animals in several stages in DR1 too, definitely a fox in Wales at least.

Really nice comparison of the difference in graphical styles between DR1 and DR2 versions of Germany. Yes, the base model is the same, but looks like pretty much every texture has been updated.

Man, the Polo R5 and Germany are such a nice combination. I can pretty much push as hard as I want with the stock setup and am getting respectable times out of it.

After a thorough sampling of all the stages, I think “Waldabstieg” is my favourite one. The forest road that makes up the last third of the stage is properly brilliant, especially the downhill section where you break over the bumps and undulations into the hairpin. It’s simply a superb thrill.

I was in the 140s on the time trial leaderboard earlier today, which is really good for me.

Man, the Polo R5 and Germany are such a nice combination. I can pretty much push as hard as I want with the stock setup and am getting respectable times out of it.

After a thorough sampling of all the stages, I think “Waldabstieg” is my favourite one. The forest road that makes up the last third of the stage is properly brilliant, especially the downhill section where you break over the bumps and undulations into the hairpin. It’s simply a superb thrill.

I was in the 140s on the time trial leaderboard earlier today, which is really good for me.

I'm also a fan of the forest section, but I always felt it was too short compared to the rest of the full-lenght stage.

Back