Get our Seasonal races BACK!!!

• Thread starter vaioleto
  • 64 comments
The game is getting worse and worse.

PD need to just walk away and leave it alone. Before they completely change the game I paid for, to something I wouldn't pay for.

What? For all the silly problems that still remain (and the ones that have been added), 2.02 GT5 is infinitely better than 1.0 GT5.

There comes a time when they need to leave it alone and just move on to GT6.

I was happy with 2.0 changes and the way the A-spec seasonals were going. But no, they have to carry on changing things.

It's like watching George Lucas messing around with the original Star Wars films. Just let them go.

Great, so instead of doing 1 lap of Le man in my Enzo and getting 300k (ish) I have to grind indy. Cheers PD.

There comes a time when they need to leave it alone and just move on to GT6.

I was happy with 2.0 changes and the way the A-spec seasonals were going. But no, they have to carry on changing things.

It's like watching George Lucas messing around with the original Star Wars films. Just let them go.

Again, you're wrong. It may still have some flaws but its a lot better than it was.

This decision is absolutely perplexing. It adds nothing to the game. In fact, it removes several events that people enjoyed. The rest of this update looks good but I struggle to see how this move made the game better in any way.

While I understand that they will be adding more to the Seasonal Events, this is just so baffling. Yes, PD added to the game in other areas, but at best it makes it feel like we're breaking even.

Why can't we just have a pleasant addition in an update? Why the need for a simultaneous reduction? Does PD really need advice in marketing?

I woke up so excited and then I updated GT5.

I also hit a funny bug. I was supposed to hit the 200% multiplier today, but for some reason things went backwards and I'm at 180%. I'd be laughing about it if they hadn't ruined the mood by removing so many Seasonals; really makes the Christmas card a joke.

johnnutz
Anyone mind posting what seasonals are still left? I'm at work and thus unable to check for myself. Thanks.

There is:

Super GT
Real Circuits Tours
Japanese Classics
Online B-spec Challenge
European Hot Hatch Championship
Stars & Stripes

MuoNiuLa
There is:

Super GT
Real Circuits Tours
Japanese Classics
Online B-spec Challenge
European Hot Hatch Championship
Stars & Stripes

Wow.. That's disappointing. The super car event was great due to the amazing variety of cars that could be used. I loved racing lamborghinis at night. And I guess the ferrari f1 cars are close to useless again.

I'd let pd keep their update if I could have the seasonals back.

I wonder if they got rid of most of the seasonals because they did not want to give away that many free cars to people who golded all the events ... I wish the Ferrari F1 was permanent.

Now that they offer a reward ticket for golding all the events of the seasonal, they removed the old ones figuring people pretty much golded most of them. That would be alot of tickets in the queue.

Just guessing anyway.

Remember the first couple of months? Only a few seasonals and with an expiration date? The fact seasonals weren't dissappearing was a bonus. Just like the OCD with half-priced cars. Or even triple-pay-outs.

Now they have changed something again, probably to make room for new things/seasonals. So just relax and wait and see.

hahahahahaha internet, what a joke, hahahahahaha

well said 👍

My thoughts exactly

PletdeKoe
Remember the first couple of months? Only a few seasonals and with an expiration date? The fact seasonals weren't dissappearing was a bonus. Just like the OCD with half-priced cars. Or even triple-pay-outs.

Now they have changed something again, probably to make room for new things/seasonals. So just relax and wait and see.

hahahahahaha internet, what a joke, hahahahahaha

Yes, if you remember the first few months one of the most common complaints was the lack of aspec races. The addition of non-expiring seasonal events largely fixed this problem.

Perhaps there is some technical explanation for why they would need to "make room" but without that explanation we're left to wonder why there are suddenly "less things to do" in the game.

diegorborges
I think they'll just release more following this new model. That's my simple tought about that."

Just think about it. Makes some sense.

I totally agree... they'll just add all new ones.

You got a seasonal on Tuesday. Will you get one on Thursday? Probably yes.

Stop complaining bra, it doesn't matter.

I'll copy-pasta what I've said on other thread:

"Regarding the seasonals, I'll give it a try based on what I think that happened. I've played the new seasonal and it was more fun than the others, probably because the AI is responding better and the whole new concept of prize cards make it more worthy than before.

I think they'll just release more following this new model. That's my simple tought about that.
"

Just think about it. Makes some sense.

Yeah I agree, though it's a bit of a downer that there is now a dearth of seasonal events. I do hope the wait isn't long for more to be added is all, this is the holiday season and most of us do have extra time now. If they can get at least 2 up by Christmas I'll be happy to run them a bunch until the new year.

BTW I also wouldn't mind a new remote race lineup!

kk, yeah I agree that 2.00 and 2.02 have been AMAZING updates. If it turns out that PD is just making room for other seasonals then that'd be AMAZING too! If they just took out a chunk of fun races for the heck of it with no intention of adding it back then that's a huge detriment to the update. It's like... why?

The argument that "seasonal is seasonal, thus they will have to be removed"... why? An argument should have a merit, what's the point of removing good content because the definition says so. :////

Someone posted that PD tends to do things to anger us first, then come back with goodies that give us double the joy. So true! :lol:

With so few A-Spec Events, I was hoping that the Seasonals would be a nice big library of races that would do nothing but grow over the months and make up for the lack of offline races. I know that more Seasonals are coming, but I'm still hoping that PD does one or all of these things for us:
  • Update the A-Spec Events with MANY more races, especially themed races such as WRC, DTM, Super GT, ALMS, FGT, etc. AND use all the tracks in the game for them - and race appropriate please, such as European-like locations for DTM races. Some of their track choices make no sense - and single event championships??
  • Add in Manufacturer Cup races for car makes or specific cars, accessed through the Dealership or in your garage.
  • Give us an Event Creator, which allows us to string together as many tracks as we want for single races or entire championships. Give us tools for the type of race such as Drag Race/Rally point to point/Circuit, cars allowed, PP and other restrictions, laps, weather and time of day settings for each track, penalties and prizes.
  • Give us prizes in Arcade races based on difficulty and level of car entered.
Along with more Seasonal Races, something like this would give GT5 years of replayability.

Someone posted that PD tends to do things to anger us first, then come back with goodies that give us double the joy. So true! :lol:

With so few A-Spec Events, I was hoping that the Seasonals would be a nice big library of races that would do nothing but grow over the months and make up for the lack of offline races. I know that more Seasonals are coming, but I'm still hoping that PD does one or all of these things for us:
  • Update the A-Spec Events with MANY more races, especially themed races such as WRC, DTM, Super GT, ALMS, FGT, etc. AND use all the tracks in the game for them - and race appropriate please, such as European-like locations for DTM races. Some of their track choices make no sense - and single event championships??
  • Add in Manufacturer Cup races for car makes or specific cars, accessed through the Dealership or in your garage.
  • Give us an Event Creator, which allows us to string together as many tracks as we want for single races or entire championships. Give us tools for the type of race such as Drag Race/Rally point to point/Circuit, cars allowed, PP and other restrictions, laps, weather and time of day settings for each track, penalties and prizes.
  • Give us prizes in Arcade races based on difficulty and level of car entered.
Along with more Seasonal Races, something like this would give GT5 years of replayability.

👍 The event creator (was it GT3 or 4 that had one?) would be amazing. The one on the older game was what kept me playing long after everything else had been conquered.

Color me disappointed !! Not so much for the events as such, but they did include some really awesome custom tracks that are now .... gone.

Picking a different car and rerunning those tracks was definately some of the best single player fun in the game.

hopefully they start dropping new seasonals soon. The American one is definitely welcome and looks fun.

I'd like to see some VS. seasonals. Like US Vs. JAPAN, or Europe or what not. Would be cool to have a larger pool to run and try different cars out.

We'll it's only the first day after the update....I vote we give them a little time and see what happens. Just my 2 cents

After looking around I just got 5 tickets for seeing what races were actually left. If you have all of the seasonal there done you will get a ticket for EACH one.2,3,18,19,20. The other seasonal had to go away.

Back